fired up heated vests and liner gloves | GTAMotorcycle.com

fired up heated vests and liner gloves

Thanks for the heads up , I was just about to buy some at full price. This is way better :p
The sale on the gloves expires today.

They "claim" 3-4 hours on medium setting.You are sitting on an endless power supply.Battery powered heat gear is a waste of money.

They "claim" 3-4 hours on medium setting.You are sitting on an endless power supply.Battery powered heat gear is a waste of money.

Not a waste of money if you also intend to use it for stuff other then riding.

Last edited:
I have the original vest and original gloves. Probably have had them for over 5 years and they still work amazingly. The battery in the vest was failing so upgraded to the new slimmer battery (yes, the new battery works in the original vest). The battery life, for me, seems to exceed the claims. It may be because I don't have it on continuously, on to warm up, off until I need it again. I don't use them for riding anymore, mostly for work. I got the glove liners last year. Your gloves need to be tight for them to work properly (using them under mitts wont get the full heat potential). This was explained to me when I purchased them and I have found it is true.

I never did use them much for riding as I don't like the cold weather on the bike but when I did they worked. I almost always have them on the low setting as that is all that is needed for me and they last a full day of work. (again, on and off). As mentioned, I have the original vest. I have seen the new type and seems to be more form fitting then mine which is probably better.

Lastly, I cant say enough about the customer service. When I had a battery problem he took the whole vest apart to make sure it was only the battery and not a wiring issue (btw, everything comes out and back in very easily for cleaning). The best part, he is local so you can get this kind of customer service.

I realize this sounds like a commercial but I am just a very satisfied customer. It is very very rare I find something that I like, can get fixed when needed and is still working years later.

I do snow, out 6 hours with vest last week and never let me down still power in the lipo battery! 3 settings,your choice. Lol, keep your tether connected wingboy!

I have had the glove liners for 2 yrs...use then on the quad...never have had cold hands

My only issue is the poor choice in wiring for the gloves. 2 failed where the wire plugs flex unless in a certain position.

I have never seen the need for heated gear - we're not exactly in a cold climate -- are you really getting too cold for regular gear?

I have never seen the need for heated gear - we're not exactly in a cold climate -- are you really getting too cold for regular gear?

Most people who buy heated gear, myself included, delay the purchase for years because it's expensive, they just layer up, make do. After the purchase, to a person, everyone says they regret not getting it much earlier as the level of comfort with gloves and a jacket liner with dual controller just cannot be compared to layers. The other consideration is the length of your ride. If you're on the road commuting or other similar short trip of 45 -60 minutes then maybe layers work as you're just not on the road long enough to get cold. But if you're riding from 8 - 9 hours in temps under 5C then layers simple don't work very well, you're going to feel the cold, it's just plain uncomfortable and since you're riding because you enjoy the experience why would you want to be freezing your tail off when you could be nice and toasty.

Most people who buy heated gear, myself included, delay the purchase for years because it's expensive, they just layer up, make do. After the purchase, to a person, everyone says they regret not getting it much earlier as the level of comfort with gloves and a jacket liner with dual controller just cannot be compared to layers. The other consideration is the length of your ride. If you're on the road commuting or other similar short trip of 45 -60 minutes then maybe layers work as you're just not on the road long enough to get cold. But if you're riding from 8 - 9 hours in temps under 5C then layers simple don't work very well, you're going to feel the cold, it's just plain uncomfortable and since you're riding because you enjoy the experience why would you want to be freezing your tail off when you could be nice and toasty.
Perhaps years of working and playing outdoors in cold climates has hardened me. I've spend plenty of 8hour days on the slopes, on the sea, and snowmobiling at sub zero -- rare to see those enthusiasts 'pluggin in', I doesn't get close to those temps for motorcyclists.

Perhaps years of working and playing outdoors in cold climates has hardened me. I've spend plenty of 8hour days on the slopes, on the sea, and snowmobiling at sub zero -- rare to see those enthusiasts 'pluggin in', I doesn't get close to those temps for motorcyclists.

Heated gear can easily add an extra month of riding in comfort......on both ends of the riding season.

Amazon .ca has better deal on ORORO brand.

How good are these? I want to get a jacket for my MIL to wear inside because she gets really cold easily due to healthy issues. She would probably keep it on the low setting only.

For me, I'll wear my heated gear on the bike into June. I like being warm and I get cold easily! Have gotten frostbite a few times as a kid going tobogganing with no gloves on and now my hands always get cold super fast.

But if you're riding from 8 - 9 hours in temps under 5C then layers simple don't work very well, you're going to feel the cold, it's just plain uncomfortable and since you're riding because you enjoy the experience why would you want to be freezing your tail off when you could be nice and toasty.

Love my heated gear. Rode for hours in -15C, gloves, grips and jacket full blast. That was a riot. At that temperature, I wasn't even sure it was working, so I switched them all off for a few seconds and froze instantly. Yep... they were working.

Electrics help you cut down on the bulk of clothing you have to wear, so it allows you more mobility on the bike.

However, I wouldn't rely on them exclusively if on a long tour in a cold place. If they do break down, you don't want to die of exposure or be stranded, waiting for warmer temps to get back on the bike. I'd always pack enough clothes so you can layer up as a last resort, if the electrics die on you.

How good are these? I want to get a jacket for my MIL to wear inside because she gets really cold easily due to healthy issues. She would probably keep it on the low setting only.

For me, I'll wear my heated gear on the bike into June. I like being warm and I get cold easily! Have gotten frostbite a few times as a kid going tobogganing with no gloves on and now my hands always get cold super fast.

I personally would go with a heated vest for your MIL over a jacket. She can wear it anywhere, anytime without the bulk of a jacket. And she can wear it under her winter coat (if you haven't already got her the warm one you are searching for). If you are looking for jacket or hoody, try Home depot or Lowes. Buying from Amazon may be cheaper but you are stuck if you have issues with it. Home Depot and Lowes you return or exchange. With Fired up you take it to his place in Mississauga and he fixes it or replaces it while you are there.

^^ Thank you.
Yes we bought her the outdoor jacket and want to get her something for indoors. I'll go check out the bricks and mortar shops before buying online.
Sending an email to Jimmy now!

Yes, you're clearly very hardcore. Now that you've established that, let others enjoy their heated gear.

I believe there is a psychological effect with heated gear as well, at least with me. I have worn mine without turning it on and have felt warmer. Maybe its the extra layer of the vest or the thickness of the gloves or the extra liner. Or maybe its just knowing that I can turn it on and warm up when needed. Whatever its is, I rarely have them above the low setting if on at all. BTW, the vest also helps with a bad back for heat treatment.

Back
Top Bottom