Twisted Road rental | GTAMotorcycle.com

Twisted Road rental

I'm going to Phoenix in February so I decided to look at what bikes they had. Came across this one. Apparently bikes don't need to meet any sort of safety requirements for owners to sign up....
f53155ba56df322c268586d3803ca52b.jpg

Haha, wow! I was surprised to find some really nice bikes and some modded bikes in LA but there was nothing even close to that!

Funny mention of that site should pop up...I'd never heard of it until yesterday when it came up in a Google Search... My wife is going down to Mississippi to visit some expat family for a wedding in February. I've been dabbling with going along simply to get down into some warm weather (well, warm for us, they all think it's "cold", LOL) and getting some riding in.

Problem is, the Jackson Mississippi area isn't exactly a hotbed of motorcycle rental options. I came across one bike (A BMW) but I'm not really interested in that style of bike, nor the $250/day asking price for the rental....considering I'd probably want at least 2-3 days.

Last edited:
Reading through the FAQs it seems like the riders/renters insurance is supposed to cover you.... not sure how that works, I'll call my insurance company this afternoon and ask.

$250/day is really steep, I've found Tuonos, Super Dukes and a bunch of Ducati all for $180 or less a day.

You better have a commercial insurance policy if your getting involved with this. Your personal policy will be voided the moment they find out you were renting your bike out. If something bad happens to the rider while renting your bike... You will be sued... and have no insurance. It'll be so much worse if the rider also injures or kills someone else while on your bike.

I'm not looking to rent my bikes out.

I'm looking at this as a rental option.

I'm not looking to rent my bikes out.

I'm looking at this as a rental option.

I'd still be concerned that something happened and there was no valid insurance in place. Losing everything in a lawsuit isn't high on my list of fun vacation activities. If twisted road doesn't provide insurance as part of their service, I would look for a different provider (especially given the reasonably steep prices they are looking for).

Check with your broker or insurance provider. If you have motorcycle insurance, some coverages will extend to you when operating another vehicle in North America.

The key concerns would be collision as well as medical and accident benefits etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole idea of strangers renting their bikes to other strangers sounds like a disaster just waiting to happen!

Well I spoke to TDMM and they won't cover a rented bike so that is not happening!

I emailed Twisted Road to see what they say but I think I'll stick to a traditional bike rental.

You better have a commercial insurance policy if your getting involved with this. Your personal policy will be voided the moment they find out you were renting your bike out. If something bad happens to the rider while renting your bike... You will be sued... and have no insurance. It'll be so much worse if the rider also injures or kills someone else while on your bike.

Insurance companies always ask "will you be renting it out or using it for commercial purposes". There's a reason.

Back
Top Bottom