My baby is in the garage - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My baby is in the garage

Re: My baby is in the garage

Forum Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS63 View Post
    Mines been put away since October

It's not hard to look underneath and see if a bike is driven in ****** winter conditions, no thanks.
    LOL, you sound like you don't leave the house at anything 5c and below. Winter starts December 21st btw...
    2016 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS63 View Post
    Mines been put away since October

It's not hard to look underneath and see if a bike is driven in ****** winter conditions, no thanks.
    My underside looks fine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PrivatePilot View Post
    ....Am I the only one who thinks of my motorcycle as a chunk of steel and aluminum that makes noise and puts the wind in my face, and takes me on adventures, the latter 2 bits being the parts I enjoy most? The actual bike is just a tool to me.

Sure, I like my motorcycle, but I don't love my motorcycle.

Some of y'all sound like you've crossed a line somewhere.

Memories aren't made in the garage. It's a pice of steel, not a Ming dynasty vase. Ride the damn thing, you can't take it to your grave with you, and no, a speck of rust won't turn it into a pile of dust and destroy it's resale value.

And while you're at it, stop worrying about resale value. Ride the damn bike.

Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the Tylenol?
    Maybe it's just a chunk of steel in your hands, giver here and I'll show you how to make it orgasm.

....Am I the only one who thinks of my motorcycle as a chunk of steel and aluminum that makes noise and puts the wind in my face, and takes me on adventures, the latter 2 bits being the parts I enjoy most? The actual bike is just a tool to me.

Memories aren't made in the garage. It's a pice of steel, not a Ming dynasty vase. Ride the damn thing, you can't take it to your grave with you, and no, a speck of rust won't turn it into a pile of dust and destroy it's resale value.

Maybe motorcycling isn't for you.
    "Life is a dream, realize it." Mother Teresa.

Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    Maybe it's just a chunk of steel in your hands, giver here and I'll show you how to make it orgasm.
    You crossed that line.
    --VTX1300 (Mine)
    ---Vstar 1100 (Wife)
    ----VStar 650 (Sold)
    -----GZ250 Marauder (Sold)
    Insurance Price Heat Map

Is it summer yet?

Memories aren't made in the garage. It's a pice of steel, not a Ming dynasty vase. Ride the damn thing, you can't take it to your grave with you
    Actually, yes you can

https://www.youtube.com/embed/PAeHbFVBp8g
    Last edited by Clem; 12-07-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Wait! you ride an 800 pounder? :I take it back,
    way too much woman for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Low rider View Post
    Maybe motorcycling isn't for you.
    Hmm.. If I don't pat and hug my car telling it how much I love it, does it mean driving a car isn't for me, or is it a tool that gets me to where I want to go?

They are definitely things that are nice to have, don't know about talking to inanimate objects though. Disclaimer: I do pat my bike's gas tank from time to time during times of long storage, but only if I happen to be walking by it.
    2007 Black CBR125 - SOLD!

Grey Ninja 300 SE Abs -

Layer up for when you lay'er down.

Quote Originally Posted by PLau View Post
    Hmm.. If I don't pat and hug my car telling it how much I love it, does it mean driving a car isn't for me, or is it a tool that gets me to where I want to go?

They are definitely things that are nice to have, don't know about talking to inanimate objects though. Disclaimer: I do pat my bike's gas tank from time to time during times of long storage, but only if I happen to be walking by it.
    How nice of a car are we talking here Ferrari or GM

Meeh ...just metal and rubber. Treat it with oil and gas and it's happy.

With these temps out right now (Dec 20th- 4c Toronto) people with garages should be out riding. I agree with PrivatePilot post- love the part of the Ming Dynasty comment and turning into a pile of rust.

I love both my bikes but hey I ride them hard and don't worry about them rusting out.... I want it to die of overriding and being banged around the road before I do.

People with garages should not be putting away their bikes till there is 20' of snow out there, even then on a above 4c day with cleared roads should be ready to ride that *****.

Reminds me of the quote about guys who polish their bikes more than riding them....
    "Not riding your bike often and hard and is like not ****ing your gal so she can be kept tight for the next guy"
    Veej....

http://www.envogueimages.com
    Well-weathered leather, Hot metal and oil, The scented country air. Sunlight on chrome, The blur of the landscape, Every nerve aware. - Red Barchetta-Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    Reminds me of the quote about guys who polish their bikes more than riding them....
    "Not riding your bike often and hard and is like not ****ing your gal so she can be kept tight for the next guy"
    LOL...more like " ****ing your gal lightly - so she stays tightly"

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
    LOL...more like " ****ing your gal lightly - so she stays tightly"

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

That sounds more funny
    Veej....

http://www.envogueimages.com
    Well-weathered leather, Hot metal and oil, The scented country air. Sunlight on chrome, The blur of the landscape, Every nerve aware. - Red Barchetta-Rush

I love my wife, my kids and my dog.

I love my bikes to, but more like the way Donald loves Stormy.
    Want to impact insurance reform in Ontario? SIGN HERE!
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    Present: FJR, DL650XT, XV920R (x2 - Emma and Ethyl), GL1000, SP125, TR25W
    Past: GSXR1300, M50, EX250R, GL1500, XV250, TS200R, TW200, XV1100, CB750SS, H2 MIV, CA-MX250, DT400, CA-MX125, Rupp Roadster, CA-MX250,

Not to get all metaphysical on you, but you think of your bike as you would a ratchet in your tool box? (Nothing against ratchets, I even have my own favorite). You've never had a vehicle that was exceptionally good to you, never let you down and made you shed an internal tear when it was time to let go of? I believe your energy goes into anything you love and it gives you that love and energy back...and the opposite is also true. One of those vehicles that "never quite felt right"...and you were glad to see it go down the road. I wonder if quantum physics could show your energy particles in your beloved motorcycle. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
    2012 GSX-R 1000

the world is made up of vibrational energy....... buy me a Boston Pizza.......