Super warm winter jacket? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Super warm winter jacket?

Nice photo
You could always ask this guy:
21231810_10209767919130471_1788420684558993060_n.jpg

We did a tour up there when we were in Alaska.
https://www.facebook.com/Girdwood2Nome/?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Down performs very poorly if worn while active. A lot of sweat gets caught in the down wetting it out. If it's really cold it freezes before it gets out. Over a few days in a tent it can become a serious issue. It works while resting or sleeping, but for high intensity activities synthetic insulation is way better. Down sweaters are like Jeeps... Great for going to the mall.
Like motorcycles, there isn't a one size fits all when it comes to cold weather wear. You are correct that down doesn't work all that well in garments that are subject to a lot of moisture (rain, sweat) -- that's why you rarely see down in hats and mitts. My favorites are Hestra's and OR.
And fur? Where is fur used and what purpose does it serve?
Skins (leather) and used where durability is required. The best gloves are palmed with natural hides. For high performing hats, it's hard to beat fur for comfort and element protection.
I'm curious what's your company? I always try to get Canadian gear.
My fur business more of a hobby than a business. I used to own a decent size custom sewing operation, when I sold the business the new buyers want nothing to do with furs so I kept my furrier equipment and a few contracts. I make heavy gauntlet mitts, Ushanka and trapper hats and ruffs. The stuff is used mostly by mushers, trappers and linemen who spend a lot of time on sleds.

Back
Top Bottom