GP Bikes flyer | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GP Bikes flyer

It is REALLY REALLY difficult to get a Honda dealership. You don't just call them up and say "I'd like to be a Honda dealer"
In order to get "Honda" you have to play by Honda's rules. If GP sells tons of bikes over the next few years, maybe then, they can tell Honda, we don't want to carry your weed whackers anymore. But right now, you need to play buy Honda's rules. They have a big nut to crack there, can you imagine the bills every month.
Those bills don't change in the winter when business is a lot slower. The public doesn't understand that. I have been in retail for more than 30 years.
I had a store in a mall where my rent was $21,000 a month. But the public doesn't see that, most people would guess that my rent was $6000 a month.
GP is the biggest selling Ducati dealer in Canada, but I don't think that is their goal. I think they want to be the biggest motorcycle dealership in Canada, which I think is great.
I hope they become that. I'm in Oshawa, I love the fact that now I will be able to go to one place and check out the new line of Ducati's, Honda, KTM, Triumph.
Why do we go to the Motorcycle Shows? To see lots of stuff in one day. I hope that one day GP gets Kawasaki and Yamaha too.
10 minutes from my house, that would be great! Keep going GP Bikes!!!

Last edited:
We have a Honda House in Milton, not only is the motorcycle side there but sort of 'neglected' , the Honda car side is painful to deal with. Friend was a bike mechanic there breifly, fixed more rototiller and gen sets than bikes.
The place is owned by a large auto group based in Burlington, I've had dealings with the other divisions so I'm not really surprised.

I think you can pick up Honda now without having to embrace everything Honda, Apex in Cambridge has transitioned including Honda without drinking the Koolaid.

GP wouldve been better off picking up kawi-yam and/or suzuki and not dealing with the lawnmower bullcrap...i

GP would be foolish not to accept the extra gravy by adopting the rest of the Honda Power lineup. It keeps customers coming back and building loyalty to Honda and GP Bikes.

After buddy buys his dirtbike, maybe he needs a generator for the cottage, then a lawnmower for his house, and a trimmer.....

Very smart business decision. GP are no dummies.

After buddy buys his dirtbike, maybe he needs a generator for the cottage, then a lawnmower for his house, and a trimmer.....

Given the honda price premium on power equipment, there may be some decent margin in them. I wouldn't be surprised if the dealership made more money on most of the generators than on a small bike.

GP will need a bigger building. I remember them already being pretty cramped inside.

Actually they should relocate to the northern part of the GTA (Bradford maybe), they would be more accessible to more people.

GP would be foolish not to accept the extra gravy by adopting the rest of the Honda Power lineup. It keeps customers coming back and building loyalty to Honda and GP Bikes.

This is contrary to what most Honda dealers are saying.
Car dealers don't want motorcycles and power equipment.
Motorcycle dealers don't want cars.

So much so Honda had to back off on their demands to dealers, and now GP bikes is a Honda motorcycle dealer.

We have a Honda House in Milton, not only is the motorcycle side there but sort of 'neglected' , the Honda car side is painful to deal with. Friend was a bike mechanic there breifly, fixed more rototiller and gen sets than bikes.
The place is owned by a large auto group based in Burlington, I've had dealings with the other divisions so I'm not really surprised.

I think you can pick up Honda now without having to embrace everything Honda, Apex in Cambridge has transitioned including Honda without drinking the Koolaid.

AFAIK, Apex only carries Honda generators, lawnmowers and dirt bikes. You can probably order their other bikes, but I haven’t seen any in the showroom when I’ve been there.
Although, they too are very limited on space. Maybe when they move to their new location...

AFAIK, Apex only carries Honda generators, lawnmowers and dirt bikes. You can probably order their other bikes, but I haven’t seen any in the showroom when I’ve been there.
Although, they too are very limited on space. Maybe when they move to their new location...

Just spoke with a salesperson from Apex....they've just gotten the full line. They'll have street bikes this spring.

looks like the "powerhouse" concept is dead and buried

giphy.gif

I don't get Honda's mentality of you either carry all our ****, or none of our ****.

It's a Honda for god sakes, not a Ferrari...

Back
Top Bottom