GP Bikes flyer | GTAMotorcycle.com

GP Bikes flyer

Jayell

Site Supporter
Did anyone receive the GP Bikes flyer in the mail this week?

Here's a surprise:

a5352fc267b63c9aaf58ca410bfaecdc.jpg

0f07b9253fb40e5d4a458ce58f8f5f45.jpg

No mention of this on GP Bikes or Honda Canada's websites.

via Tapatalk

Last edited:
Looks like Honda is starting to pull its head out of its ass. They have been adding multi line dealerships around Ontario after the powerhouse disaster.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wow. Good for GP, they've built quite a business from humble beginnings.

Good for Honda too, as Scuba Steve notes it's about time Honda recognized that motorcycles sell to enthusiasts rather than just average consumers. I just hope GP isn't required to sell Honda Power Equipment or ATV's. They're a motorcycle shop, and that's their strength and competitive advantage. I wouldn't be surprised about the ATV's, but I would be disappointed.

Can you imagine the size of their booth at the motorcycle show in January? LOL

Looks like Honda is starting to pull its head out of its ***. They have been adding multi line dealerships around Ontario after the powerhouse disaster.

We went through this in the 70s, 80s, 90s and into the 21st century.
Honda smartens up, then the next round of marketing geniuses comes in and decides to push hard on the dealers.
I worked at a shop where we carried Honda motorcycles, outdoor power equipment and portable outboards.
Honda leaned hard, we took on Yamaha. They leaned hard again, we took on Suzuki.
The folks at Snow City must be p*ssed. I hope GP cut the deal on their own terms and don't take any cr*p.
Those who don't understand history are doomed to repeat it.

I just hope GP isn't required to sell Honda Power Equipment or ATV's. They're a motorcycle shop, and that's their strength and competitive advantage. I wouldn't be surprised about the ATV's, but I would be disappointed.

I don't think Snow City has added other Honda equipment (ATVs, generators) in their inventory, so Honda may not be pressing, or requiring, dealers to carry more of their products.

Best part of that flyer is that the coupon codes still work on their sale pricing!

Presumably this happened because Clarington went out of business. As mentioned above, I hope they did this on their terms. We'll sell your products but we won't put up with your crap.

Still waiting for this to be confirmed. Honda is going to want a large amount of floorspace and I don't see where they have room unless they drop something.

What are the coupon codes? I didn't recieve the flyer yet.

NR33 for $50 off a purchase over $250
NR34 for 15% off any purchase
NR35 for $75 off a purchase of helmet, jacket and boots together.

Usual restrictions.. no agv, dainese, alpinestars etc, etc...

Still waiting for this to be confirmed. Honda is going to want a large amount of floorspace and I don't see where they have room unless they drop something.

I spoke to them today, yes it is true. The area for Honda will be in the back where the accessories are, for now. (the room where the service counter is)
This might change later as they see how much room they will need. Last year Jerry did a large expansion in the service area, they can work on many more bikes now. I assume, if needed he will have to add floor space in the showrooms. They have plenty of land there to utilize. It should be very interesting in the spring!

I got the flyer too but didnt notice the honda

Nice catch
809f99ebeac1094965de8fda634a649b.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This should be a great move for them. There are lots of riders out there like me who aren't interested in exotic Euro bikes and only ride bikes from the big 4. Ducati and Triumph make some very sexy bikes but there is a reason Honda sells as many bikes as they do.

We went through this in the 70s, 80s, 90s and into the 21st century.
Honda smartens up, then the next round of marketing geniuses comes in and decides to push hard on the dealers.
I worked at a shop where we carried Honda motorcycles, outdoor power equipment and portable outboards.
Honda leaned hard, we took on Yamaha. They leaned hard again, we took on Suzuki.
The folks at Snow City must be p*ssed. I hope GP cut the deal on their own terms and don't take any cr*p.
Those who don't understand history are doomed to repeat it.

I think there is enough market share for both GP and Snow City.

Both are well run shops, and nobody has forced them to take on the H brand.

Clarington was one of the last powerhouse dealership still operating but it's in the middle of nowhere.

Smaller bikes and off road i think will be big sellers, it's good news for me as i have two places to shop for a new dirt bike in 2019.

New post by GP
7c02dacb525548d83f56caa02c346368.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Oi. I'm not keen on the ATV, Marine and power equipment stuff. GP has established itself as a motorcycle shop, taking on weed whackers and outboards muddies their brand and blurs the focus. Not to mention ATV's, although at least they may sell some volume of them and they are at least rideable for recreation.

Their service area is already really busy making it necessary to book appointments a couple weeks in advance. I'm sure ownership/management have a plan to ensure continued quality service to their 2 wheeled (loyal) customer base, but there's ALWAYS hiccups and they can cause damage to that relationship with the core customer.

Harley maintains exclusive dealers for a number of reasons, but primarily to ensure a consistent experience to engender both brand loyalty and loyalty to the dealer.

Honda would be better served partnering with Home Hardware for their power equipment. Many of them, particularly out here in the hinterland have a power equipment department complete with service and it would be a good fit.

Back
Top Bottom