How are you getting your vitamin M? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How are you getting your vitamin M?

Is there anything like this in the GTA?

https://www.mbgp.ca
Hamilton indoor go karts on Barton st used to run pit bike races a few years ago. I'm sure they'd do it again if there was enough interest. It was super fun.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Hamilton indoor go karts on Barton st used to run pit bike races a few years ago. I'm sure they'd do it again if there was enough interest. It was super fun.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Awesome idea for the Oshawa GM plant once it's closed.

Awesome idea for the Oshawa GM plant once it's closed.
Tesla should buy it.

... actually that would be a best case scenario for Oshawa.

Lake ice is perfect for riding, if anybody needs a place pm me.

Last edited:
Lake ice is perfect for riding, if anybody needs a place pm me.
I was down poking a test hole in it today and it made some scary cracking sounds ... guess it maybe needs another inch of ice for safety sake.
:lmao: don't see anybody jumping at the opportunity anyway.

I was down poking a test hole in it today and it made some scary cracking sounds ... guess it maybe needs another inch of ice for safety sake.
:lmao: don't see anybody jumping at the opportunity anyway.

You're on thin ice here. You should come up to Ottawa, they're thickening things now.

ottawa-on-january-14-2014-the-rideau-canal-skateway-is.jpg

Is there anything like this in the GTA?

https://www.mbgp.ca

I got about 30 people interested in doing this in Ontario..

Got names and everything. Then I created a very-detailed e-mail as well as researched some liability / insurance practices for running mini-moto.

I sent this off to 401 Mini Indy as well as Hamilton Indoor Go-karts and I got a flat "no" from both of them!

If any of you know any other locations we could do this at, please let me know!

Might be better off getting an old cattle barn with dirt floors. Those smooth floors are really bad for traction.

I ride in my dreams at this point, until they have immersive VR where I can just plug my consciousness into the network ride there.

Might be better off getting an old cattle barn with dirt floors. Those smooth floors are really bad for traction.

Spread Diet Cole syrup on the smooth concrete and get incredible traction.
Regular coke doesn't work as well, nor does Pepsi. Diet Coke is what they use.

I hope the red spirit is the bike that's getting worked on. Not usually a fan of the "sportster" styled Spirit, but that one is nice.
Also, please say that you're gonna have some fun on the Grom before you sell it.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Grom is waiting on a replacement vin plate. Otherwise finished. It was a theft recovery. Red shadow is branded even though no frame damage possibly sold heading for Ottawa. Black is finished other than tank repair. 2018 TU250X is finished other than pulling a ding on the tank possibly tires to cert. DL650 is all plastic waiting on funds and time. 2013 TU250X ex Niagara College trainer bike getting picked up Monday. This one might become the blue collar bobbers cafe kit bike.

I started with the Grom as a keeper to replace the Kymco scooter. I’ve been picking up cars at the auctions for a few local shops. Seeing hundreds of bikes waiting for auction I couldn’t resist. I was thinking of possibility putting the CBR250 motor in the Grom. It is a kit you can buy. Someone else who I believe is on this forum is doing it for his Grom.

I see loads of nice bikes I would like to buy and fix. Funds and time are the main problem. I’m looking in to getting UCDA licenced to get in and preview the sale bikes. Also possibly getting a bike dealer plate through one the shops I deal with. Not cheap insurance wise I’m told. Still checking it out.

Spread Diet Cole syrup on the smooth concrete and get incredible traction.
Regular coke doesn't work as well, nor does Pepsi. Diet Coke is what they use.

Yup.We splash diet coke all over cars before we ride over them at trials demonstrations.

Grom is waiting on a replacement vin plate. Otherwise finished. It was a theft recovery. Red shadow is branded even though no frame damage possibly sold heading for Ottawa. Black is finished other than tank repair. 2018 TU250X is finished other than pulling a ding on the tank possibly tires to cert. DL650 is all plastic waiting on funds and time. 2013 TU250X ex Niagara College trainer bike getting picked up Monday. This one might become the blue collar bobbers cafe kit bike.

I started with the Grom as a keeper to replace the Kymco scooter. I’ve been picking up cars at the auctions for a few local shops. Seeing hundreds of bikes waiting for auction I couldn’t resist. I was thinking of possibility putting the CBR250 motor in the Grom. It is a kit you can buy. Someone else who I believe is on this forum is doing it for his Grom.

I see loads of nice bikes I would like to buy and fix. Funds and time are the main problem. I’m looking in to getting UCDA licenced to get in and preview the sale bikes. Also possibly getting a bike dealer plate through one the shops I deal with. Not cheap insurance wise I’m told. Still checking it out.
You have to be very careful doing this -- it's illegal in Ontario to buy/fix and sell street registered motorcycles without an OMVIC dealer licence. Look up curbsiding.

I did this a couple of years ago, after selling 2 bikes in one year OMVIC paid me a visit. Fortunately I had registered, insured and rode the bikes myself for a season before selling them (an XV250 from Humber College and a GL1500 from Impact). OMVIC did warn me that they are ruthless with fines and penalties -- even for first offenders.

For example, you could pickup a 2008 VFR800 for $895 right now at Impact. It needs some plastics that would cost $4K at a dealer, or $550 aftermarket. $1500 for bike and replica fairings, a few hours labor and you have a bike that will sell for about $4K. Great if you're going to keep and ride... fine. If you plan to flip bikes, read here (be sure to note how cheap the fines are) https://www.omvic.on.ca/portal/Cons...onsandProsecutions/ChargesandConvictions.aspx

You have to be very careful doing this -- it's illegal in Ontario to buy/fix and sell street registered motorcycles without an OMVIC dealer licence. Look up curbsiding.

I did this a couple of years ago, after selling 2 bikes in one year OMVIC paid me a visit. Fortunately I had registered, insured and rode the bikes myself for a season before selling them (an XV250 from Humber College and a GL1500 from Impact). OMVIC did warn me that they are ruthless with fines and penalties -- even for first offenders.

For example, you could pickup a 2008 VFR800 for $895 right now at Impact. It needs some plastics that would cost $4K at a dealer, or $550 aftermarket. $1500 for bike and replica fairings, a few hours labor and you have a bike that will sell for about $4K. Great if you're going to keep and ride... fine. If you plan to flip bikes, read here (be sure to note how cheap the fines are) https://www.omvic.on.ca/portal/Cons...onsandProsecutions/ChargesandConvictions.aspx

It will be going through the dealer licence. Otherwise the tax man gets double his money.

Yup.We splash diet coke all over cars before we ride over them at trials demonstrations.
That's old school, a spray can of contact cement works way better and a little rain won't wash it off.

Back
Top Bottom