Speeding ticket question | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Speeding ticket question

I think I'm getting it?
So, I make a mistake going too fast, I'm expected to pay for it.
Issurer of the ticket makes a mistake, and I have to pay for it.
It's all making sense now!
I have zero experience in traffic court.

So you're paying the fine.
What is it that you're paying because of the "YES"?

That "YES" on the summons has no repercussions, in your case.

That "YES" on the summons has no repercussions, in your case.

It will if his insurance company pulls his abstract.

It will if his insurance company pulls his abstract.

How is his insurance ever going to get a copy of a summons? a summons that has no prosecution value?

His insurance has the right to pull his MOT abstract and his AutoPlus abstract.
If there was no collision, there is no collision noted on MOT or, more importantly, AutoPlus. If there is a collision noted on either, that is a separate issue and traffic court is not the place to deal with it.

I'm quite confident the only reason there is a notation on a summons for a collision is to make it known there is contributing factors to the ticket. A speeding ticket as the result of a collision investigation where nine babies and a truck load of puppies perished as a result of your speeding is much different from you doing 15 over on a deserted highway. Put a yes in that box and the JP and Crown Atty and clerk looks for that paperwork. Without that yes that paperwork MAY be overlooked and then you get a $100 fine and it gets in the paper and then GTAM gets a thread SCREAMING about how people are getting away with vehicular MURDER, CHAOS IN THE STREETS and only getting a $100 fine. Again.
Insurance companies don't get to see summons's. They DO get to see MOT and AutoPlus abstracts.
In this case if anyone went to look, they would find nothing.

*AutoPlus is a database maintained by Canadian Insurance companies, which tracks your insurance record, it goes back seven years. Ask your broker to see a copy.
oh: A summons does not appear on a MOT or AutoPlus abstract. Not at all, EVER.

it's been a while since I got a ticket.

Isn't there a "guilty with an explanation" option?
If so, write them a letter saying you plead to speeding IF there is no mention of collision.
or
Arrange to meet the Crown (send them a letter [registered] or an email) and explain your situation.

Again, they LOVE it when you save court time. They get to go home that much sooner.

My last one was in 16. It's my 1st non hand written one. There might have been a box re collision on the old tickets, I can't remember.
There's 3 options.
1 pay it. Guilty.
2 admit guilt, ask for time to pay.
3 court.

I'm quite confident the only reason there is a notation on a summons for a collision is to make it known there is contributing factors to the ticket.

it's been a while since I got a ticket.

Isn't there a "guilty with an explanation" option?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom