General Motors Oshawa to Close | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

General Motors Oshawa to Close

The hardest option to find in a truck, has got to be a manual transmission. In 2002 I worked at a chevy dealership, I saw an ad that said "No charge automatic", manuals were already so rare even back then, that I questioned if they even made them anymore. Last manual pickup I ever saw was a 7.3 F350.

To those who question my choice of vehicle because I'm not a contractor who uses it as a "tool", I say meh, it's my money. I have a 33' travel trailer, a jon boat, 2 motorcycles, I often carry cargo and/or go to costco. It's just more practical than my Chevy HHR was. I also often carry passengers, so that's why I have a crew cab. As an added bonus, if I happen to see a deal on 2 wheels, I can quickly go to uhaul and snag a trailer for $15. I can just go and do things, that those guys would need to go and rent something for. Then they get to stress about damages, fuel level upon return, mileage charges, tracking down a rental agency that actually has what you need and then dealing with them not actually having it when you get there despite your reservation. When I look outside in the morning after(or during) a snow storm, I don't worry if I'll make it to work, I get excited to play in the snow like a big kid. I don't get stuck, ever.

There really is alot more to having a truck than 12mpg.

The hardest option to find in a truck, has got to be a manual transmission. In 2002 I worked at a chevy dealership, I saw an ad that said "No charge automatic", manuals were already so rare even back then, that I questioned if they even made them anymore. Last manual pickup I ever saw was a 7.3 F350.

To those who question my choice of vehicle because I'm not a contractor who uses it as a "tool", I say meh, it's my money. I have a 33' travel trailer, a jon boat, 2 motorcycles, I often carry cargo and/or go to costco. It's just more practical than my Chevy HHR was. I also often carry passengers, so that's why I have a crew cab. As an added bonus, if I happen to see a deal on 2 wheels, I can quickly go to uhaul and snag a trailer for $15. I can just go and do things, that those guys would need to go and rent something for. Then they get to stress about damages, fuel level upon return, mileage charges, tracking down a rental agency that actually has what you need and then dealing with them not actually having it when you get there despite your reservation. When I look outside in the morning after(or during) a snow storm, I don't worry if I'll make it to work, I get excited to play in the snow like a big kid. I don't get stuck, ever.

There really is alot more to having a truck than 12mpg.

For Dodge at least you can still get a manual but only with the Cummins, which is probably the same scenario with the other brands. Also all the 1/4 ton trucks seem to offer manuals.

When I look outside in the morning after(or during) a snow storm, I don't worry if I'll make it to work, I get excited to play in the snow like a big kid. I don't get stuck, ever.

Ive been driving front wheel drive cars with snow tires. I live an hour north of the city for the last 30 years. Leave for work at 5:30 am. I don’t get stuck either. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom