TDot Performance - Horrible Experience | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TDot Performance - Horrible Experience

A couple of years ago I was doing some work with SEMA to catalog tires for Internet retailers. When working with one of the large Canadian distributors, Keystone Automotive, I learned about TDOT. At the time it was one man in an operating out of an apartment in Scarborough - no warehouse, no operations -- just a man and his website. He integrated Keystone's online product feed and drop shipment facility into his webstore and voila!

The Keystone catalog is not simple to integrate and they don't make it easy to access - in fact when I approached Keystone to do the same for another Canadian retailer, they made it nearly impossible. They were supporting TDOT, but I don't think they really want more internet vendors selling their products sole this way.

Pretty smart!

Ordered a Yakima bike rack for my hitch about 6 months ago. Came really fast. Zero issues.

I've never ordered from tdot, but a few weeks before this thread came up, I put a set of tires in my cart there. (still there)
I didn't buy them yet, because I wasn't sure why they cost roughly 3k everywhere, and at tdot, less than 1400 bucks, with 5% off 1st purchase.
The date code, or lack of knowing it, is making me nervous.
Has anyone bought tires from them?
Seems too good to be true?

When they were on Dragion's Den that was part of their presentation. It showed three items and they seemed to be about 60% of the MSRP, that other retailers were selling for. When asked how they were able to do this, they simply replied, those other guys have bricks and mortar to pay for we don't. Plus the other guys have to keep millions in stocked inventory, we don't.

Seems to be a reasonable explanation. If you order form say Cdn Tire online, do you see their date code? If TDot is simply an ecommerce site and your tires are coming from the distributor, I doubt they would be dated. Distributors also don't want to sit on inventory.
I've never ordered from tdot, but a few weeks before this thread came up, I put a set of tires in my cart there. (still there)
I didn't buy them yet, because I wasn't sure why they cost roughly 3k everywhere, and at tdot, less than 1400 bucks, with 5% off 1st purchase.
The date code, or lack of knowing it, is making me nervous.
Has anyone bought tires from them?
Seems too good to be true?

If you order form say Cdn Tire online, do you see their date code?

Of course not. But. If I don't like what I see upon delivery, there's 2 brick and morter stores within walking distance that they can be returned to.
With tdot, or any other online drop shipper I'm thinking a return, especially tires, might be a nightmare.

Check their policy but we also need to applaud those CANADIAN companies that offer us parts we, for the most part, had to go to the USA to get in the past.

Let's not complain too much ... just know what you're getting into in advance and decide from there.

Otherwise, we lose another company specifically tailoring to us Canucks with decent prices and then we complain about THAT.

^^^I think the OP's complaint is that you don't know what you are getting into in advance, at least not until they have your money, and by then its too late.

I had the same problem when I bought an Air Fuel Meter to set up my carbs. It seemed it was in stock but got an email saying it would be 15 business days, after I checked out and got a second email to confirm purchase. They had 2 opportunities to tell me they were not in-stock. Performance Improvements did have them in stock for the same price so I could have picked it up in the store.

I will say that I ordered some plug wires from them before that and they came fairly quickly, but the gauge just soured me on doing future business with them.

I like Fortnine. They provide me a shipping date as I'm browsing the catalog

Just Jeeps is same concept except they are brick and mortar.

9/10 times you place an order and its 5-10 days till your stuff comes in.

It's not realistic or possible to expect a business to have every item on hand at all times.

Well... I finally have Nuts... :)

Took a while but I got them in the end. I just wish Fortnine or Petes would start offering stuff like this

Well... I finally have Nuts... :)

Took a while but I got them in the end. I just wish Fortnine or Petes would start offering stuff like this

Amazon?

Whenever I looked up parts at Tdot for my RS and ST, their prices weren't any different than some smaller shops. Maybe for certain parts they may be less expensive, but I've honestly never seen it, for my cars anyway.
I think I ordered a set of husky floor mats a few years ago. Wasn't an issue.
Their search engine sucks though for me, doesn't differentiate between a base Focus, ST and RS. They need to update that.

Last edited:
Whenever I looked up parts at Tdot for my RS and ST, their prices weren't any different than some smaller shops. Maybe for certain parts they may be less expensive, but I've honestly never seen it, for my cars anyway.
I think I ordered a set of husky floor mats a few years ago. Wasn't an issue.
Their search engine sucks though for me, doesn't differentiate between a base Focus, ST and RS. They need to update that.

Try calling or emailing them.

They are able to price out things not on the site.
I got a quote for a Jeep big brake kit which wasn't on the site.

They are suuuuuuuuuuuuuper slow to reply to emails though.

Back
Top Bottom