TDot Performance - Horrible Experience | GTAMotorcycle.com

TDot Performance - Horrible Experience

Clem

What a terrible experience.

I bought a set of ARP Nuts and Studs from these guys.

The impression they give you is that they actually keep the parts in stock. But what they won’t tell you is they have no stock, at least until after they have your money.

They send you a commit to buy email and they then tell you that they will have to order the parts from the supplier which takes 15 business days. I could have gone to Summit Racing and had them shipped USPS priority and had them in a couple of days

Maybe its not for every part they advertise, but 'Caveat Emptor'.

Last edited:
I ordered parts from a different local supplier that did the same thing. The website didn't mention not stocking the product. In my case, the store gave update emails and I had the parts in less than two weeks for a little less money than ordering direct from manufacturer in US so I wasn't that upset. I wish stores would be upfront about this on their websites.

I was wondering how TDot appeared to carry so many different lines of parts

If they told you ahead of time that they were just a reseller who didn't keep anything in stock, you would never have placed the order in the first place. That's what they are counting on. (They are far from alone in this.)

It's hard to discern the true manufacturers and bricks and mortar warehouses, from the resellers who are just in it for making a markup.

If they told you ahead of time that they were just a reseller who didn't keep anything in stock, you would never have placed the order in the first place. That's what they are counting on. (They are far from alone in this.)

It's hard to discern the true manufacturers and bricks and mortar warehouses, from the resellers who are just in it for making a markup.

I agree and it probably makes sense from a business perspective but over time, you should expect more posts like the OP's. Maybe they will go the same route as entertainment venues downtown and just rebrand every few years as the bad reviews pile up.

who gives a s*** just order parts ahead of time and you'll be fine...
the supplier has to honour the order...unless they dont - then you can b***h and complain...

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

... except when it's time critical. I got caught in a similar situation. I took the brakes apart on my car a few days before going on vacation knowing that it needed a brake job but you never really know exactly what it needs until it comes apart. I ordered parts online counting on the parts arriving while I was gone and then I could put the car back together after I came back. Did not happen that way. I get back home ... no parts. Turns out that whoever they were ordering parts from, was out of rear brake rotors, and whoever *they* were ordering parts from, was out of rear brake rotors, and they neglected to inform me until I filed a dispute with ebay. (To their credit, there was no issue with cancelling the order after that.)

I cancelled the order, found another source which turned out to be local and actually had the parts in stock, and had everything in two days. Could have skipped the whole exercise with the other vendor if their website was accurate about what they had in stock.

That place just sounds like a parts broker. Absolutely no inventory, just the import and distribution network to bring parts in from the US at a scaled and cost-effective rate. But in the end, they're still a middle-man that'll introduce a delay if they need to relay the part between the manufacturer and you.

It's an annoying trade-off between cost and expediency.

I was actually looking at ordering parts through them a few months back and read similar reviews so I ended up buying from another website.

It would be nice if they had vendor lead times on the product page, then maybe I would consider ordering from them.

Like most places they just drop ship from the actual distributor.

True, but businesses CAN do better. a shining example of this is Amazon. They often have several "lines" of the same product, but you look at prices, one is $23.00, the other is $6.99. then you click on them and the $23.00 is in stock, and you get it next, or same day, the $6.99 hasn't even been manufactured yet and has an "estimated" delivery date of 3 - 6 months.

Why other retailers can't do this is remarkable. Then I have the option, if it is "time sensitive", I can decide to pay the $23, or wait for the lesser priced, (and often inferior quality), unit.

Like most places they just drop ship from the actual distributor.

Placed my 1st order with them 2 days ago for an exhaust for my Jeep since it was on sale for Pre Black Friday.

Got tracking info today for it and will be delivered by Monday est.

I would expect to survive in this market a business would need to be more like Pete's or Fortnine. If they don't have something in stock they inform me and give me an estimate of when it will ship. I can then choose to buy it of not.

I think these guys were on Dragons Den. Does anyone know if a Dragon invested or not. I assume not as I can't find any information.

I saw them on an old episode and I believe they had 1 or 2 of the dragons go in with them iirc

Just watched the clip from season 10 Michele Romanov invested $1Million for a 27% stake. In the episode, they made it crystal clear that they are drop shippers only. They claimed $6.5 Million in 2014 sales

They had 3 dragons offer a deal

I would expect to survive in this market a business would need to be more like Pete's or Fortnine. If they don't have something in stock they inform me and give me an estimate of when it will ship. I can then choose to buy it of not.

I think these guys were on Dragons Den. Does anyone know if a Dragon invested or not. I assume not as I can't find any information.

Contact Us page lists no physical address
something I always look for when doing e-commerce for the first time
it's a virtual company

you'll likely not find any shops keeping most items instock. Its logistically not possible to carry a part for every motorcycle. Whatever they have are popular parts, parts that were restocked due to ppl backing out, and items they got a smoking spiff to buy and sell multiple units.

My exhaust was delivered this morning. 3 days earlier than expected.
First exp from them was overall very positive.

I ordered from them a couple of years back and also had no issues ... I, like the OP, didn't realize it was coming from the distributor and it was longer than I expected but it wasn't an issue for me at the time... maybe they need to be more clear on the shipping times?

Back
Top Bottom