Norton 650 Atlas | GTAMotorcycle.com

Norton 650 Atlas

Fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

I like the nomad (scrambler) not crazy about the ranger. They should sell well enough but its still premium priced 12K US is 16cdn , probably close to 18 out the door. Makes a ducati scrambler look very reasonable

15k and no kickstand
lean it up against the side of the house to get off the bike, I guess

I don't know about the competitive pricing aspect; an r9t is significantly less for many more ccs

Another boutique brand that will sell for nostalgia; it doesn't do anything better than any other bike.

OMG. Butt ugly. For that price, must be flipping joking. An insult to the previous Nortons. Don't park near another Norton. It will shrivel up and die.
No kick stand. Really. $15 thousand, USD. Could buy a decent bike for that price.

Other than that it`s OK. Ha Ha.

And triumph was purchased from ashes, the tiger looking nothing like a tiger, the new Brough looking nothing like a brough and the new Ariel has nothing in common with an Ariel.

Its different, not everybody want a japanese big 3 in their life

And triumph was purchased from ashes, the tiger looking nothing like a tiger, the new Brough looking nothing like a brough and the new Ariel has nothing in common with an Ariel.

Its different, not everybody want a japanese big 3 in their life

People put too much effort into trying to be different. Gonna end up like tattoos with those scramblers and cafe racers. Everyone's gonna have one.

People put too much effort into trying to be different. Gonna end up like tattoos with those scramblers and cafe racers. Everyone's gonna have one.

Thank goodness that's right, tattoos are still cool and cafe racers look great. If 'new' Norton hits 5% of Honda's output it will be an enormous success. Being in that 5% will have some saying your trying to be different. Be a Bon Vivaunt.
I'll never drive a corolla either.

i wish whoever keeps trying to ressurect the norton brand would just go away

Have to disagree with the peanut gallery. I like the styling. I hate the gaudy plastic styling of the Jap bikes with the stupid big-lump fuel tank that will de-ball you in a panic stop. The Norton is a more simple standard motorcycle design. It was almost always the "other" brand anyway. Atlas is a practical, lightweight design in the spirit of previous Nortons. Agree about price though. I could see $10,000 but nothing more.

Fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

And got shredded by hungry raccoons when they hit the ground. CAD basically destroyed all elegance and proportion in consumer products. Now if it's not plastic, it's made to look like plastic. Bleh.

My cousin gave me the inspiration to get into two wheels back in the 60's.He had a Honda 305 that he bobbed and then wrecked.His second bike was a yellow 1972 Norton Commando that he has had in storage since about 1980.It's sad.It just sits there with a bedsheet over it.:(

My cousin gave me the inspiration to get into two wheels back in the 60's.He had a Honda 305 that he bobbed and then wrecked.His second bike was a yellow 1972 Norton Commando that he has had in storage since about 1980.It's sad.It just sits there with a bedsheet over it.:(

A yellow '72 Norton could be a "Yellow Peril", a factory option that ran the bike through Gus Kuhn's race shop before it was sold.
https://www.motorcycleclassics.com/...norton-commando-production-racer-zm0z13ndzbea

A VERY desirable Norton. I raced one for a couple of years.
...if he wants to sell it, call me.

Just for reference sake; this what a Norton Atlas really looks like
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/uploads/cars/norton/8759033.jpg

i wish whoever keeps trying to ressurect the norton brand would just go away

I wish they would ALL go away.
I don't understand the whole concept. If you want a vintage styled bike, BUY A VINTAGE BIKE.

What's next? Is Hyosung releasing a 1500cc V8 cruiser called a Goldstar?

I wish they would ALL go away.
I don't understand the whole concept. If you want a vintage styled bike, BUY A VINTAGE BIKE.

The target is Baby Boomers.They had these products decades ago and remember how bad the lucas electrics and suspension was.I bought a 1976 Yamaha a few years ago and the first thing i did was put a cdi ignition into it.Vintage is cool,but vintage starting isn't!

Back
Top Bottom