Race Plan | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Race Plan

Pro 6 Cycle has a race school as well, typically run on the May long weekend. The curriculum looks into bike set up as well as riding techniques. There are a couple of optional seminars in the evening for those interested in road racing.

Thanks for the heads up, will look into it. There's nothing on their website though, so I don't know if it's a proper program like FAST or Racer5.

FAST should also have every 600 in its stable and SV650s

Yup, they do, I'll just use my bike to get more familiar with it since I haven't gotten a chance to ride it yet even.

Thanks for the heads up, will look into it. There's nothing on their website though, so I don't know if it's a proper program like FAST or Racer5.

Yup, they do, I'll just use my bike to get more familiar with it since I haven't gotten a chance to ride it yet even.

if you've never ridden your dedicated track bike, I would try to get it out for an easy shake down run at a track day - before going to the school.
you don't want to find any bike problems on your school day. imo

Last edited:
if you've never ridden your dedicated track bike, I would try to get it out for an easy shake down run at a track day - before going to the school.
you don't want to find any bike problems on your school day. imo

That's a great idea, thanks for the tip.

I haven't done any trackdays but I'm aware of track etiquette ex. staying off the racing line, putting my hand up when needed, making safe passes and riding predictably.

When riding on track always stay on the racing line. The people passing you will expect you to be on the line. If you move off it to let people by you're looking for trouble. Let the person passing you worry about the pass. Also, don't put your hand up or turn to look behind you, focus on your own riding.

When riding on track always stay on the racing line. The people passing you will expect you to be on the line. If you move off it to let people by you're looking for trouble. Let the person passing you worry about the pass. Also, don't put your hand up or turn to look behind you, focus on your own riding.
Very wise words here.It sucks donkey balls to have the rider ahead force you off the track at speed because he wanted to wait for his buddy.

Very wise words here.It sucks donkey balls to have the rider ahead force you off the track at speed because he wanted to wait for his buddy.

Or even if they think they’re being helpful and staying out of the way.

That can lead to serious injury or death.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I've researched track etiquette and know that staying on the racing line could mean the difference between life and death. Will never stray unless there's debris/contaminant on the racing line.

There was an open sprint race last year where a lapper ran both the Pro(McKay) and Amateur(Fenwick) leaders off the track thinking he was getting out of their way.

GB doesn’t have many runoff concerns but it’s still dangerous.

At other tracks these actions could force another rider into a “pile into the back of you or avoid and ride into a guard rail” scenario.

Stay on the line. Period.

in the pro6 td guide, under bike prep- "new to track orientation" https://pro6cycle.com/trackday-guide

That is not their school but just a trackday intro/orientation: follow the instructor to learn the track and lines. Very limited instruction if any. It is not a racing course and would not qualify as a race school that would allow you to apply for a race license with SOAR/RACE/CSBK.

Pro6 does have a proper course but I couldn't find it on their web page a few weeks ago. Top CSBK Pro racers for instructors. I believe it is held on just one weekend in May.

Jumping from the street and never ridden on a race track to racing in CSBK is not advisable.
Love your enthusiasm but CSBK would never grant you a racing license with no racing experience. For your safety and the safety of others. Cut your teeth at RACE or SOAR first.

That is not their school but just a trackday intro/orientation: follow the instructor to learn the track and lines. Very limited instruction if any. It is not a racing course and would not qualify as a race school that would allow you to apply for a race license with SOAR/RACE/CSBK.

Pro6 does have a proper course but I couldn't find it on their web page a few weeks ago. Top CSBK Pro racers for instructors. I believe it is held on just one weekend in May.

Jumping from the street and never ridden on a race track to racing in CSBK is not advisable.
Love your enthusiasm but CSBK would never grant you a racing license with no racing experience. For your safety and the safety of others. Cut your teeth at RACE or SOAR first.

Thanks for the insight, that's the plan, will spend this year doing trackdays/SOAR and see how it goes then see where I stand at the end of the season.

Thanks, will check it out.

Back
Top Bottom