Does it have to be cash/
No I'll take Ducketts

I'll come right now
Its 10am , Im at work
So can i come right now??

Can you deliver it?
Where are you?
I'm in Arnprior ...
you'd like me to deliver a $500 outboard motor to Arnprior?
yeah, and be here before saturday am, we're goin fishin

So i have an offer of my asking price.Buyer says he will purchase if i deliver to Ajax.(which i said i would in my ad) How do i know the guy is real?

So i have an offer of my asking price.Buyer says he will purchase if i deliver to Ajax.(which i said i would in my ad) How do i know the guy is real?
I would tell him to come to your place and check out the bike. Delivery after full payment.

I wouldn't deliver it expecting payment on delivery...

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Isnt there a sarcasm icon or something here?

I would tell him to come to your place and check out the bike. Delivery after full payment.

I wouldn't deliver it expecting payment on delivery...

+1

They need to pay in full or a substantial non refundable deposit before transporting to them. Suppose they could send you a non refundable e-transfer greater than your cost to transport and it could be used against the purchase price or not if they don't buy.

I was trying to sell my 1997 VFR and was pretty clear in the ad telling everything I could about it, and this was my favourite reply :

Any issues with it? I'm selling a 1995 bmw 318i e36 manual 5 speed runs and stops needs some work I could possibly trade for right deal? I also have about $500 cash, an Xbox one bundle with over $1000 into it, jailbroken ps3 bundle with a g into it, iPhone 5 with otterbox and iPhone 4 with otterbox, 925 Italian silver chain and a few watches and other items such as Saab car parts. Let me know if anything I said interests you maybe we can workout a deal.

They need to pay in full or a substantial non refundable deposit before transporting to them. Suppose they could send you a non refundable e-transfer greater than your cost to transport and it could be used against the purchase price or not if they don't buy.

Everybody on here knows Wingboy is a stand-up guy, but as a buyer that didn't know him, I'd never agree to the above.

You send the cash, then what if the seller never shows? Or he shows with a POS that looks nothing like the pictures, because he took the photos the day he bought the motorcycle himself?

I'd risk the drive to ajax to deliver if I had been offered my asking price, I would be pretty clear I expected a fat envelope of cash at the other end and no discussion after about price.

I've done the delivery thing before. EFT deposit to cover transportation (refundable only if condition was not as described) and no price negotiation at delivery. The ad was accurate, the product was as described. All went well.

Everybody on here knows Wingboy is a stand-up guy, but as a buyer that didn't know him, I'd never agree to the above.

You send the cash, then what if the seller never shows? Or he shows with a POS that looks nothing like the pictures, because he took the photos the day he bought the motorcycle himself?

Seller needs to make sure bike is accurately described in this case and the buyer will receive what he is expecting.

Lots of photos. A phone call to feel each other out. A deposit to make sure the buyer is legit is reasonable.

I did sell and deliver a bike over the phone without a deposit. 3 hour round trip to deliver it but after talking to him over the phone I wasn’t too worried about him flaking out. He gave me his home address and I had his number. When I got there he rode it up and down the street, gave it a good once over, then gave me the cash as agreed.

Years ago I sold my old Katana 750 to a buyer in Ajax, sight unseen. Well, besides the kijiji pics. I told him I would deliver and he could pay me when I got there. But I did ask for a $100 non refundable e-transfer to cover my costs of driving there and back. Then, if for some reason he changed his mind or decided he didn't want it, I would only be out my time for driving there. He agreed and sent the money. I drove out there, he looked it over and the deal was completed.
I wouldn't have done it any other way.

Seller needs to make sure bike is accurately described in this case and the buyer will receive what he is expecting.

Lots of photos. A phone call to feel each other out. A deposit to make sure the buyer is legit is reasonable.

I did sell and deliver a bike over the phone without a deposit. 3 hour round trip to deliver it but after talking to him over the phone I wasn’t too worried about him flaking out. He gave me his home address and I had his number. When I got there he rode it up and down the street, gave it a good once over, then gave me the cash as agreed.

This ^. When I bought my current ATV I had taken money out to purchase a different one but it was sold a couple hours before I could get there. A nicer one got listed hours later so I called him up, said I was on nightshift and didn't have time to make the 2hr roundtrip the following day but that I have the cash at home if he had the time to deliver it. We both sounded each other out on the phone and the ATV arrived as described the next day.

I wouldn't be going anywhere without at least talking to the guy on the phone.

How 'bout having the buyer meet you at a GO station nearest you. You could do the deal in the parking lot, then drive him and his new bike home to Ajax. If he doesn't buy he can just get on a return train.

I'm thinking he is referring to every potential kiiiji buyer asking that question, hence the quotation marks.

Just asking if it was an offer.

Back
Top Bottom