OK This is Getting Ridiculous | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

OK This is Getting Ridiculous

Potentially neither are other products as per discussion here. /shrug

Actually he makes a valid point. Motul 7100 is labeled 100% synthetic so if that's what you are after then 5100 won't cut it, nor will any other oil labelled fully synthetic instead of 100% synthetic.

LOL! That's what I was thinking. Just get it from Mike for $59.99...it's always a nice feeling getting good prices. If you order more than 2 jugs he will ship for free also.

No he won't, flat shipping fee of 49.95 and that's with 3 jugs and a filter.......you got my hopes up for nothing.:rolleyes:

johnnnw said:
Rotella is **** tier budget oil.

Rotella is an oil that’s used in fleets of class 8 tractors, many of which exceed 1 million KM. We have one ex-highway unit in our fleet of city tractors that has 1.3m KM on it.

You don’t achieve that using garbage oil.

And excuse me for discounting claims made without evidence.

A lot of people fall for slick marketing that convinces them that more expensive must = better.

Rotella T6 = $50 at CT
Motul 5100 = $60 @ Bluestreak Racing
Motul 7100 = $72 @ Bluestreak Racing

You guys are getting all worked up over what exactly?
Are we going through a recession or something?

One is available at common retail locations everywhere. The other is not. When I need or decide to do an oil change at 5 PM on a Friday, I’m not interested in waiting three or four days for my oil to arrive.

One is available at common retail locations everywhere. The other is not. When I need or decide to do an oil change at 5 PM on a Friday, I’m not interested in waiting three or four days for my oil to arrive.

It's okay if you're cheap. There's nothing wrong with penny pinching. But don't use the "readily available" argument to justify your cheapassness.

Motul is available at most motorcycle shops, and if you're a chronic procrastinator, you can order a few jugs online and have them sitting in your garage.

I understand saving a few bucks on big ticket items, but when we're talking about $10 here or there, like come on man... use the good ****.

It's okay if you're cheap. There's nothing wrong with penny pinching. But don't use the "readily available" argument to justify your cheapassness.

Motul is available at most motorcycle shops, and if you're a chronic procrastinator, you can order a few jugs online and have them sitting in your garage.

I understand saving a few bucks on big ticket items, but when we're talking about $10 here or there, like come on man... use the good ****.

lol...good response!

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Not wanting to waste your money isn't necessarily mean you're cheap. And paying top dollar doesn't necessarily mean you got the best quality. Aka those supreme clothing kids buy or Yeezus. I buy $5 Wal Mart shirts often not $80 shirts with a press on logo.

I use Rotella because it's proven but so many people. And if I can save $10 that's like 2 extra shirts.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Rotella is an oil that’s used in fleets of class 8 tractors, many of which exceed 1 million KM. We have one ex-highway unit in our fleet of city tractors that has 1.3m KM on it.

You don’t achieve that using garbage oil.

And excuse me for discounting claims made without evidence.

A lot of people fall for slick marketing that convinces them that more expensive must = better.

How many and how big are the oil filters on this truck you speak of?
How big is the oil pan? How much oil does it carry?
How big is the oil cooler?
How many and how big are the air filters?
How high does this truck rev?

Not really a realistic comparison.

Last edited:
a better comparison would be my Yanmar diesel in my boat, which gets CTC dinosaur diesel oil and has a filter about the size of my motorbike. The Yanmar revs out to 3200 rpm but never runs over 2600rpm . And once up to speed just sits there for hrs? And its a 20yr duty cycle motor. (which is 30yrs old and runs like a champ) . Its a cast iron lump.

You cant compare an apple and an orange.

Haha! Yes Shane! You took my advise and still get the Motul from Mike eh? $60 for 4L of Motul 7100...Can't get much better than that :)
If Mike doesn't have it on hand, he will be able to bring some in for you in less than a week. I usually buy three 4L just at beginning of year from him. Including oil filters and crush washers it works out to being around $250 all in for 4 oil changes using Motul 7100 throughout the season.

Who's this Mike guy, and what kind of BJ's does he enjoy?

Mike has motul 7100 4L jug at $59.95, its on his website, motociceltta , appleby line south of dundas on the east side , burlington. Your welcome.

His filters are always a bit cheaper than dealer prices also, fram.

How does he sell 7100 for basically the price that everyone else sells 5100 for? That's a hair less than even what Pete's sells it at

All Rotella T's are technically heavy duty (diesel) oils.

They can be used in gas engines, but the <T6 can poison catalytic converters due to the oils high phosphorus levels. On most bikes without cats, or without sensors post-cat that would detect a failure, it's irrelevant, and the extra zinc in the oil is actually quite good for small engines. The T6 is formulated to be less of an issue for cats which is why many opt for that with bikes.

I run T3 in my bike, no cat, and dino is cheaper than synthetic.

I have been running t6 in my sierra since 56,000km now at 378,xxxkm and on original cats as well as my wife's escape running since 30,000km and now at 374,xxxkm original cat...go figure

How does he sell 7100 for basically the price that everyone else sells 5100 for? That's a hair less than even what Pete's sells it at

my guess would be he's looking at it sitting on the shelf now over winter for 5 months, and figures turn it into cash, refresh inventory in the spring. While it lasts I'll be grabbing a couple jugs tomorrow.

Shameless plug, he has a decent selection of stuff and if your not a dick is really good to work with.

Not wanting to waste your money isn't necessarily mean you're cheap. And paying top dollar doesn't necessarily mean you got the best quality.

This.

If someone can provide a link to scientific testing (sorry, someone on a forum yelling "Your oil is ****** budget oil" or "You're just being cheap" simply based out of the reality that their chosen oil is more expensive doesn't count) then I'm open to changing my opinion.

Until then, like I said before, the "it's expensive, it must be better!" marketing machine doesn't work for me.

I've been using the T6 Diesel for years on my 2004 VTX 1300, and now also in my 2013 Fury.

Have ridden to NYC, Harrisburg PA and back on this oil multiple time in summers. I only do one oil change in the spring and top up during the rest of the year, unless I do the US trip than after coming back from the trip I change the oil again. I put around 15K Km on the bike minimum in the year as I commute from Scarborough to Downtown probably 9 to 10 months of the year 5 days a week and riding in the week-end plus trips.

This summer picked up the 18.9 L bucket on sale for $133.87 (reg $157) with tax = $151.27 after receiving the Shell $35 rebate total came to $116.27 so $6.16 per litre for a full synthetic oil not bad.

I say use this oil and don't look back, your engine will probably out live you anyways and if you outlive it than good for you.

On sale at TSC now. It was on sale at TSC last month and I sent my fiance in to get me some. She came home with the last 4 so they must sell out quick.

And since I use it in my motorcycle, snowmobile, dirtbike, ATV, and snowblower it makes a big diff saving $10 a jug.

Back
Top Bottom