OK This is Getting Ridiculous | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

OK This is Getting Ridiculous

I am 100% confident in saying that both Motul 7100 and 300V are significantly better oils than Rotella T6

I am 100% confident in saying that both Motul 7100 and 300V are significantly better oils than Rotella T6

... and what do you base your statement on?
I am guessing Motul's advertising copy had some bearing on that statement.

Anyone in this oil thread ever had an oil analysis done?

Didn't think so.....

Basing it on UAO (not mine, from other people posted at BITOG) of T6's unimpressive susceptibility to shearing. It appears to go out of grade faster than T4. I haven't really seen proof that 7100/300V do better, but I would be very surprised if they didn't

Basing it on UAO (not mine, from other people posted at BITOG) of T6's unimpressive susceptibility to shearing. It appears to go out of grade faster than T4. I haven't really seen proof that 7100/300V do better, but I would be very surprised if they didn't

not sure I'm buying it, either

claim for synthetics is the base oil is more stable
ie: requires a smaller additive package than traditional multigrades

2 reasons to change oil:

it's become dirty
it's sheared down and cannot maintain viscosity

synth is supposed to extend #2
so you only have to focus on #1

if those things are untrue
I'm gonna stop commenting in oil threads everywhere

And you would be right.
... and what do you base your statement on?
I am guessing Motul's advertising copy had some bearing on that statement.

Anyone in this oil thread ever had an oil analysis done?

Didn't think so.....

Hahahahahahahahahahaha, because of this post here is some third party science for ya. Rotella is **** tier budget oil. Motul is expensive but amazing.

Wear Protection Rating (psi):

z2Iixii.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pTPmYEz.png

RHjVxhG.png

Imagine thinking all oils are actually the same :lmao:

Last edited:
What I decided on doing is using Motul 7100 or 300V(if racing) when the season starts. I would like to try Amsoil but I find it's more expensive than Motul so no way in hell I'm paying more for it.

sorry i thought this was a race engine, carry on.

not sure I'm buying it, either

claim for synthetics is the base oil is more stable
ie: requires a smaller additive package than traditional multigrades

2 reasons to change oil:

it's become dirty
it's sheared down and cannot maintain viscosity

synth is supposed to extend #2
so you only have to focus on #1

if those things are untrue
I'm gonna stop commenting in oil threads everywhere

"Full synthetic" printed on the bottle of Rotella T6 doesn't mean much. It is a marketing label that can include Group III base stock

http://xtremerevolution.net/a-defining-moment-for-synthetics-by-katherine-bui-lubricants-world-1999/

I've only found anecdotal references to Rotella T6 being Group III, Shell themselves does not offer this information

And you would be right.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha, because of this post here is some third party science for ya. Rotella is **** tier budget oil. Motul is expensive but amazing.

Wear Protection Rating (psi):

z2Iixii.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pTPmYEz.png

RHjVxhG.png

Imagine thinking all oils are actually the same :lmao:

...and you got that info from?

Clipped photos with no source footnotes FTL.

...and you got that info from?

Clipped photos with no source footnotes FTL.

Would certainly like to see the source, to determine credibility.

What's funny is Rotella T4 is Jaso MA/MA2 rated, T5 and T6 are not. T4 is conventional, however as another poster mentioned above, fully synthetic does not mean 100% synthetic. Big difference, an oil could be 30% synthetic but could legally pass off as fully synthetic.

Would certainly like to see the source, to determine credibility.

What's funny is Rotella T4 is Jaso MA/MA2 rated, T5 and T6 are not. T4 is conventional, however as another poster mentioned above, fully synthetic does not mean 100% synthetic. Big difference, an oil could be 30% synthetic but could legally pass off as fully synthetic.
T6 is JASO rated..I use that **** in everything, My cars, modern motorcycles, track bike and quads....NEVER had an issue and it comes up on sale at crap tire all the time and the Shell $35 rebate is mint .

T6 is JASO rated..I use that **** in everything, My cars, modern motorcycles, track bike and quads....NEVER had an issue and it comes up on sale at crap tire all the time and the Shell $35 rebate is mint .

I was at Walmart yesterday and looked at T4,T5,T6. The only one with the JASO MA/M2 rating was the T4.
T6 is JASO DH-2 rated, which is a different spec.

I'm not saying T6 shouldn't go into your bike, I'm pointing out the spec on the bottles.

T6 lists a JASO MA/2 rating at least for 5w40

Here you go: https://www.motocicletta.ca/product/motul-100-synth-10w40-4l/
Located on Appleby Line, south of Dundas
Call first to make sure they have some in stock.
Haha! Yes Shane! You took my advise and still get the Motul from Mike eh? $60 for 4L of Motul 7100...Can't get much better than that :)
If Mike doesn't have it on hand, he will be able to bring some in for you in less than a week. I usually buy three 4L just at beginning of year from him. Including oil filters and crush washers it works out to being around $250 all in for 4 oil changes using Motul 7100 throughout the season.

Last edited:
Rotella T6 = $50 at CT
Motul 5100 = $60 @ Bluestreak Racing
Motul 7100 = $72 @ Bluestreak Racing

You guys are getting all worked up over what exactly?
Are we going through a recession or something?

Rotella T6 = $50 at CT

LOL! That's what I was thinking. Just get it from Mike for $59.99...it's always a nice feeling getting good prices. If you order more than 2 jugs he will ship for free also.

Rotella T6 = $50 at CT

5100 is $53.99 @ Fortnine so free shipping, down from $62.99

Sheesh people.

Back
Top Bottom