OK This is Getting Ridiculous | GTAMotorcycle.com

OK This is Getting Ridiculous

RacerX

So I can't find Rotella T6 anywhere. All the oils are either car oils with friction modifiers or motorcycle oils that aren't synthetic. While Motul 7100 is good, it is pretty expensive given that there are alternatives for substantially less. Canadian Tire and Walmart do not have Rotella T6 or anything similar.

Any idea where I can source it from or other fully synthetic JASO MA oils?

I was just in Canadian Tire at Bovaird and Mclaughlin in Brampton. They had Rotella T6 as of this afternoon.

Liquimoly and Motul 5100 at your local bike shop aren't a whole lot more expensive. Dunno about 7100, I haven't used it.

I was just in Canadian Tire at Bovaird and Mclaughlin in Brampton. They had Rotella T6 as of this afternoon.

Liquimoly and Motul 5100 at your local bike shop aren't a whole lot more expensive. Dunno about 7100, I haven't used it.

7100 is almost as spendy as the green banana cocaine.

I'll pass by it then. The only T6 I found was the Diesel version.

7100 is almost as spendy as the green banana cocaine.

Exactly.

Last edited:
RacerX, you dont post a geographic location for your self , but PrincessAuto carries T6 . they have stores all over the place. $49.95 for 5L jug

I'll pass by it then. The only T6 I found was the Diesel version.

Exactly.

UM, T6 is what everybody uses for their bikes.
T6 is the only rotella I will use in my bike.

There is a T6 for diesel engines and another for gasoline engines AFAIK, I couldn't find the gasoline version.

EDIT: Looks like there is only one T6 which is labelled for Diesel engines, but apparently used in gasoline engines with no problems.

Last edited:
There is a T6 for diesel engines and another for gasoline engines AFAIK, I couldn't find the gasoline version.

EDIT: Looks like there is only one T6 which is labelled for Diesel engines, but apparently used in gasoline engines with no problems.

From what I understand. The T6 has the properties you need for a wet clutch motorcycle.

Castrol Edge has a 0W-40 synthetic that has no "friction modifiers" in it and while it isn't specifically approved for motorcycles, it is approved for BMW, MB and Porsche, etc. It's made in Germany, so we know it's a Group IV synthetic. CTC puts it on sale quite often. I've been using it in my Goldwing for quite a while, now and it's been working very well - and before anyone says anything - I know it's not a real motorcycle.

Walmart does carry it.
$47 for the 5L jug.

Castrol Edge has a 0W-40 synthetic that has no "friction modifiers" in it and while it isn't specifically approved for motorcycles, it is approved for BMW, MB and Porsche, etc. It's made in Germany, so we know it's a Group IV synthetic. CTC puts it on sale quite often. I've been using it in my Goldwing for quite a while, now and it's been working very well - and before anyone says anything - I know it's not a real motorcycle.

LMAO, you just made my day.

Walmart does carry it.
$47 for the 5L jug.

Yup, there was a confusion I pointed out to earlier; I was under the impression that there is a Gasoline version of the T6.

I have been using the T6 Diesel version for years and works great, even when running hard with the oil temp showing 137 Celsius.
Also, gives me better fuel mileage and a 1000km range ;)

All Rotella T's are technically heavy duty (diesel) oils.

They can be used in gas engines, but the <T6 can poison catalytic converters due to the oils high phosphorus levels. On most bikes without cats, or without sensors post-cat that would detect a failure, it's irrelevant, and the extra zinc in the oil is actually quite good for small engines. The T6 is formulated to be less of an issue for cats which is why many opt for that with bikes.

I run T3 in my bike, no cat, and dino is cheaper than synthetic.

All Rotella T's are technically heavy duty (diesel) oils.

They can be used in gas engines, but the <T6 can poison catalytic converters due to the oils high phosphorus levels. On most bikes without cats, or without sensors post-cat that would detect a failure, it's irrelevant, and the extra zinc in the oil is actually quite good for small engines. The T6 is formulated to be less of an issue for cats which is why many opt for that with bikes.

I run T3 in my bike, no cat, and dino is cheaper than synthetic.

But I don't think it lasts as long as the T6.
Question is if it makes economical sense where the T6 doesn't outperform it by much.

But I don't think it lasts as long as the T6.
Question is if it makes economical sense where the T6 doesn't outperform it by much.

My clutch doesn’t like synthetic. Ask me how I know.

What I decided on doing is using Motul 7100 or 300V(if racing) when the season starts. I would like to try Amsoil but I find it's more expensive than Motul so no way in hell I'm paying more for it.

Last edited:
oil always seems expensive , till you get the bill for a rebuild or grenade an engine.

oil always seems expensive , till you get the bill for a rebuild or grenade an engine.

No need to jump to either extreme.

It doesn't make sense to rip yourself off by paying for something you think is doing a good job when at the end of the day it is overhyped midgrade oil that you are overpaying for. On the other hand, if you just grab any bottle off the shelf then you are doing yourself a disservice. There is a middle ground that sees you protect your bike and not fall prey to marketing.

Back
Top Bottom