Usless / unnecessary bike tech | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Usless / unnecessary bike tech

Arrrrggghh....now i don't have anything to ***** about!

Isn't autolock more about crash protection than about defense from carjackers?

Autolock cost me 80$ to have it turned off on a Mazda 3
money well spent.

Electronic traction control at least on that vehicle <- worse then useless, thankfully that same car had an off switch for it, couldn't make it up the ice covered anything with it on.
Differential lock is suppose to help you, not just give up and make terrible mechanical noises.

oops, thats :puke:car stuff
Please ignore this post

Last edited:
I'm taking all the best parts off of my 2 bikes and putting the best components on my competition bike :lol: that might be useless and unnecessary bike tech if it doesn't make me ride any better

2018 Kawi Versys 1000 had basic ABS, Traction Control and a useless power mode thing. MSRP was $15.4k, now discounted to $14.6k. I picked up a 2017 demo with 900 kms for $12k in the Spring. https://www.kawasaki.ca/product/versys-1000-abs-lt/2018

2019 has pretty much the same engine but now has all the bells and whistles. Ride by wire, cornering ABS, cornering lights, cruise control, Semi-Active suspension ... etc for $19.8k!

https://www.kawasaki.ca/product/versys-1000-abs-lt-se

The tech is nice, but I don't think its worth adding a 1/4 to 1/3 increase in cost? Especially when the BMW S1000XR is 60 lbs lighter, has 50 hp more, and is around the same price similarly equipped. What were you thinking Kawi?

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned cats yet.

From browsing posts on here, I'd thought that many more people were removing them, as well as mufflers and pipes, to get a totally useful/necessary higher volume sound.

iu

Technology must be cheap to add to a bikes instrument panel.My "new to me" Ducati has a bunch of functions that i can't imagine ever using.Some are common sense,odometer...ok.trip counter...ok,average speed...wtf!,current fuel consumption...who cares? Average fuel consumption...more who cares? Remaining range...ummm,trip counter? Fuel trip counter....Do i really need to know when i'm going to be walking?
My gps is the same.Why do i need to know my max speed?Average speed?Time in motion?Etc Etc. Ok,max speed is cool.

I have an "old to me" Ducati that will occasionally, for seemingly no reason, show a warning light on the dash that according to the owner's manual means " Outer lighting ON "

Cool.

I like the dash in my old GS.
It has a tach. A BIG HONKIN tach.
That is all.
Nary a bell, switch, warning light or speedo. Just a 5 1/4" tach.

I have an "old to me" Ducati that will occasionally, for seemingly no reason, show a warning light on the dash that according to the owner's manual means " Outer lighting ON "

Cool.

I like the dash in my old GS.
It has a tach. A BIG HONKIN tach.
That is all.
Nary a bell, switch, warning light or speedo. Just a 5 1/4" tach.

Funny how BMW went from that to this

http://bikerpages.co.za/alans-reviews-bmw-r1200-rs/

I just discovered that Lane Departure Assist in some cars will annoyingly tug on the steering wheel to keep you in your lane if you try to change lanes without signalling.

As a motorcyclist I think this is The. Best. Feature. Ever.

Make it mandatory on every single car and truck manufactured from now on and make sure the driver can't turn it off.

YES! we desperately need this in Toronto...

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Technology must be cheap to add to a bikes instrument panel.My "new to me" Ducati has a bunch of functions that i can't imagine ever using.Some are common sense,odometer...ok.trip counter...ok,average speed...wtf!,current fuel consumption...who cares? Average fuel consumption...more who cares? Remaining range...ummm,trip counter? Fuel trip counter....Do i really need to know when i'm going to be walking?
My gps is the same.Why do i need to know my max speed?Average speed?Time in motion?Etc Etc. Ok,max speed is cool.

I have never (in 100,000 km) used the "lap timer" function on my 2004 ZX10R. Even if it were a track bike ... it relies on you pushing a button at a certain spot to indicate the completion of each lap. If I'm riding on a track, I've got a whole lot more on my mind than that!

But ... even better is the "eco" mode indicator on the digital dash of a Kawasaki H2. Point #1, if that light is on, you're doing it wrong. Point #2, that is on a bike that will pass everything except a gas station.

I have never (in 100,000 km) used the "lap timer" function on my 2004 ZX10R. Even if it were a track bike ... it relies on you pushing a button at a certain spot to indicate the completion of each lap. If I'm riding on a track, I've got a whole lot more on my mind than that!

But ... even better is the "eco" mode indicator on the digital dash of a Kawasaki H2. Point #1, if that light is on, you're doing it wrong. Point #2, that is on a bike that will pass everything except a gas station.

Yes,forgot about that one.My Hypermotard had a laptimer too.Useless!

Ignition key and steering lock.
... doesn't seem to slow the crooks down enough, would be way better if the wheels just fall off when somebody tries to steal it.

Ignition key and steering lock.
... doesn't seem to slow the crooks down enough, would be way better if the wheels just fall off when somebody tries to steal it.

lol

Way back in 2018, Ducati announced it was working on front and rear radar systems for a forthcoming new model to be launched in 2020, and the Multistrada V4 is that bike.

Thoughts?

On a side note...v4 multistrada? I'd be tempted to swap the XR for one pending reviews..

Cup Holders & Radio+Speakers+Loud Pipes on a bike. I have nothing against them, just don't understand them. Just waiting to see an ashtray next or a vape holder for the hipsters... :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom