Usless / unnecessary bike tech - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Usless / unnecessary bike tech

Re: Usless / unnecessary bike tech

Forum Sponsor
    My Tuono has all the bells and whistles (IMU, wheelie control, traction control, cornering ABS, power modes, launch control etc) and I'm glad for pretty much all of them.

I've never used the LC or the pit-speed limiter function; kinda hokey on a street bike I guess but even these would be useful on the track or at the strip.
    2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Katatonic View Post
    Some of the guys I was with had to really keep an eye on their fuel gauges, if they had them, and were filling up every 200kms or so.
    Shut up.
    64 degrees of lean? Pffff I do 90.

- 2015 R1 "Nessie"
    - 2010 VFR 1200F

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mike View Post
    What??? 50kw isn't even the entry point for POWER.

...when you get the MONEY... then you get the POWER. Then when you get the POWER then you get the ...

If you don't have the MONEY, 50KW will have to do.
    Once you get the WOMAN, then you have get the better type of POWER. Then 50kw is plenty.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Everyone likes to think that they may be the smartest person in the room, but sometimes that only occurs when we're alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Baggsy View Post
    Once you get the WOMAN, then you have get the better type of POWER. Then 50kw is plenty.
    My observation is you need to do this in the order Tony specified otherwise the POWER gets sold to buy a Minivan.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    Present: FJR 1300, DL650XT XV920R, GL1000, TR25W
    Past: GSXR1300, M50, EX250R, GL1500, XV250, TS200R, TW200, XV1100, CB750SS, H2 MIV, Rupp Roadster, MX125, MX250, DT400

I would have to say, the most obvious, needless tech are signal and tail lights, after all soooo many riders seemingly want to make them as small and impossible to see...lol

Quote Originally Posted by hedo2002 View Post
    I would have to say, the most obvious, needless tech are signal and tail lights, after all soooo many riders seemingly want to make them as small and impossible to see...lol
    i laughed.
    14' GROM - Stretched & slammed beast
    17' FZ09 - Totaled by a left turner
    15' R3 - Sold but missed.
    "Don't confuse my attitude with my personality. My personality is who i am, my attitude depends on who you are."

Quote Originally Posted by Evoex View Post
    i laughed.
    Haha me too! I had flush mounts on my last bike (were on when I purchased it) and none of my friends that I rode with could ever tell when I was signalling (front/rear)...AND they are paying attention to it....scares me to see what he cagers see (NOTHING). I am glad to see that Kawi (built in flushmounts) and Suzuki (signals in mirrors) fixed this a decade ago so those penny size flushmounts were no longer needed