2019 ZX6R is FUGLY | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2019 ZX6R is FUGLY

Who cares about TFT displays anyways, analog displays are way better. Something about looking at a tack that I just love....all that digital stuff is crap. My buddy needed a new one on his R1M and it was $2300 to replace.

I thought the same as you until I rode a bike with a TFT display. Now I'm a convert. Brighter, larger, easier to see at a glance.

Also with the computerization of most of the settings of the bike (suspension, engine tune, tire pressure sensors), it's a good way to get all that information accessible without a separate ODB-like device connected or plugged in.

Looks great to me, much better than the gixxer concept posted a few days ago. Not as good looking as a yammie tho lol. I will say the headlights look stupid in the cornering pic though. I looks like it has crossed eyes, and now that I've pointed it out, you won't unsee it. But hey, atleast both headlights are on and it doesn't look like one's blown, like my bike :/

Prices are dropping all the time and I am slightly surprised everyone hasn't switched to soft displays yet. VW wants <$1000 for their glass cockpit (as a replacement part). If a manufacturer stuck with a common screen shape (for instance an 8" tablet screen), it may even be cheaper to produce/install than gauges. On the upside for manufacturers, they'd still probably charge $1000 for replacement screens.

In cars, under $500 can get you an android head unit with OBDII connectivity to the car, which gives you full access to instrumentation and diagnostic data. For many makes and models they are even available in very factory looking bezels. On a bike it should be able to be done much cheaper because you wouldn't want anything bigger than the size of a smartphone making up the dash of a sportbike. Now, if bikes had OBDII, you could actually replace the dash with a Galaxy note for example, custom carbon fiber cradle, streaming all necessary data via a bluetooth OBD dongle.

maybe its just me, but all the 600/1000 supersports in the past decade or so are all kind of generic looking. They all look the same more or less.

really don't see much different...

Quick shift down is so much harder (instead of ignition cut, you need to open up the throttle to help minimize the jolt and I'm not sure that is even enough). I figured most were just quickshift up and letting the slipper clutch deal with messed up downshifts, am I wrong?

Even with a slipper clutch...will you not feel the engine brake if you were to dump you clutch going from 6th gear to say...3rd gear?

Even with a slipper clutch...will you not feel the engine brake if you were to dump you clutch going from 6th gear to say...3rd gear?

Yes, but it wouldn't upset the chassis as much as a dumped clutch on a non-slipper-clutch. It's that abrupt jolt that causes your wheels to lose traction under heavy braking.

Besides, with the quick shifter, you're no longer skipping down multiple gears in a single shot (ie. 5-2 downshift), it's like a sequential gearbox at that point - every downshift will blip the revs F1-style.

Back
Top Bottom