Would this work here? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Would this work here?

Baggsy

Site Supporter
or would people get their noses out of joint if you were to drop everything to go help someone in need?

[video=youtube;VJm6YSxJGgs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJm6YSxJGgs[/video]

I would, but it depends on the employers. Does TO have the same congestion that limits an ambulance like Israel? Would only be viable in the warmer months here.

[video=youtube;Dmlm1kMGx50]https://youtu.be/Dmlm1kMGx50[/video]
https://israelrescue.org/

Last edited:
At first I thought, "So you're going to give me a siren, flashing lights and a license to go as fast as I want? Sign me up for that shiznit!!!!"

Then I saw that the bike they give you is a scooter.

fv93xy.jpg

For example: during a terrorist bombing situation (which is sadly a reality in Israel), when the streets are in chaos, these Ambucycles get through crowds and congestion to the victims faster than anything else.

I'm part of a group that raises some funds toward purchasing the scooters. They are around $25-$30K @
It's a beautiful model of cooperation and technology.
And if anyone thinks a scooter is less efficient than a motorcycle in these situations - grow up; it's not all about being cool.

Last edited:
A $30k scooter? That doesn't seem...efficient. Maybe we need more public catastrophes to appreciate them better. Motorcycle luggage is an eyesore either way.

I guess you have no idea what defibrillators and professional medical/rescue equipment costs.

I guess you have no idea what defibrillators and professional medical/rescue equipment costs.

I would imagine waaay fkn more than they should? Which is probably a pretty close idea.

Worked with a couple of guys that were volunteer firefighters. When their pagers went off they dropped everything and left. It was understood that if they were called it was big. I could see the same thing working for 'volunteer paramedics'

Oh actually equipment isn't as expensive as I thought... Amazon has a nice EMT trauma kit for $475 that should more than get the job done, and it seems the average for a portable AED is around $1500. add some lights and sirens and it's still a supreme hose job at 25-30k for a scooter.

Liabilities all around. No government official will sign an approval. I think it's a great idea for stabilizing a victim until the big boys get there. Great idea that will die of the "What if" syndrome.

It wont be the liabilities, although that may be the reason given. It will be the unions.

When I did a ride a long with the German Police back in the early 80's, (At the time the police I rode with were part of the German government), they were barred from providing medical assistance to victims of serious car collisions, as the government had been sued many times over injuries, being made worse, by officers not having "advanced" medical training. So the government simply barred officers from providing medical assistance, rather you had to wait until EMS arrived. Back then the EMS, were unlike our modern day paramedics. Instead they were more like cab transports with lights and sirens, they literally pulled up, put you on a stretcher, and then sped off for the local hospital. No real triage etc, just get you to hospital as fast as possible.

As for the, comment give me a siren and a flashing lights, so "I can go as fast as possible" that simply isn't the case. Volunteer fire fighters when responding to the hall for a call, are restricted to 10 km/h over the posted limit under the HTA, here in Ontario.

Still wouldn't prevent, if a family member is deemed to have their injuries "made worse" by the actions of a volunteer, from some ambulance chaser from filing a lawsuit, and the volunteer needing to spend their money to defend themselves. In Ontario anyone can sue, you have to defend yourself until the court rules. In the case of a volunteer FF, they are employees of the local government and as such, get defended by the local government lawyers.

Good Samaritan laws cover volunteers....I think.

Still wouldn't prevent, if a family member is deemed to have their injuries "made worse" by the actions of a volunteer, from some ambulance chaser from filing a lawsuit, and the volunteer needing to spend their money to defend themselves. In Ontario anyone can sue, you have to defend yourself until the court rules. In the case of a volunteer FF, they are employees of the local government and as such, get defended by the local government lawyers.

On a ride a number of years ago a rider fumbled at a stop and went down sustaining a minor concussion. An nearby off duty paramedic medic gave some assistance. My daughter, an ambulance dispatcher was surprised they did in that the medic would beheld to a higher standard because of their training and risked repercussions. All well in the end but yeah legalities.

A from a politicians standpoint they would have to authorize something that wasn't proven. What if.....

Back
Top Bottom