Volvo XC90 (Current gen) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Volvo XC90 (Current gen)

From minor digging, the Lincoln MKX/nautilus is a fancy Ford Edge, and the Cadillac XT5 is a fancy new generation GMC Acadia / Chevrolet Traverse.

From what i researched the XT5 is it's own platform no? It's not supposed to share anything with other GM products.

Out of all of them i feel the RX350 is the best fit size wise but it's a snooze fest.

The Acura or Infiniti will fix the snooze part easily.

If it was my money, I'd do the acura mdx hybrid. Killer performance, refinement, and good economy to boot.

From what i researched the XT5 is it's own platform no? It's not supposed to share anything with other GM products.

C1XX

Engine is the same "high feature" 3.6 V6 that they use in lots of other vehicles. Transmission is shared. Subframes and suspension bits are shared across C1XX but the Cadillac will have its own calibration (springs, dampers, probably bushings). It's enough different that it shouldn't ride or feel like the same vehicle as an Acadia. I haven't driven any of the C1XX vehicles and I'm curious to hear what you think of it.

edit: the XT5 has an optional all wheel drive system that isn't available on the other C1XX vehicles, which is a pretty big differentiation right there.

Last edited:
C1XX

Engine is the same "high feature" 3.6 V6 that they use in lots of other vehicles. Transmission is shared. Subframes and suspension bits are shared across C1XX but the Cadillac will have its own calibration (springs, dampers, probably bushings). It's enough different that it shouldn't ride or feel like the same vehicle as an Acadia. I haven't driven any of the C1XX vehicles and I'm curious to hear what you think of it.

edit: the XT5 has an optional all wheel drive system that isn't available on the other C1XX vehicles, which is a pretty big differentiation right there.

It's not a Honda. Your argument, while insightful, is invalid.

I had a great experience with MB Burlington. Worth checking out.

Me too. Rode in on my bike. Went directly to the unit I was interested in, kicked some tires........waited for one of 4 sales people who were staring at me through the glass, but, not one came out. This went on for 15 - 20 minutes.
Got on my bike, rode by glass window with middle finger extended, and bought an Acura.

Me too. Rode in on my bike. Went directly to the unit I was interested in, kicked some tires........waited for one of 4 sales people who were staring at me through the glass, but, not one came out. This went on for 15 - 20 minutes.
Got on my bike, rode by glass window with middle finger extended, and bought an Acura.

I did everything via email. Only time I went to the actual dealership is when I was signing paperwork and picking up the car.

I dealt with Jay, he gave me the best quote I could get on the car I wanted. I tried cross shopping but the next best deal was about $200 more per month with the same terms. It was an easy decision.

Sorry you had to downgrade to an Acura, Gary. ;)

Sorry you had to downgrade to an Acura, Gary. ;)

I was too. It was the most uncomfortable vehicle I've ever owned. (16 rdx). It's gone. I bought a new Ridgeline in May.
(that keeps 2 of us here happy)

C1XX

Eh? Are you sure? From a few reviews i saw its a brand new 3.6.

The Acura or Infiniti will fix the snooze part easily.

If it was my money, I'd do the acura mdx hybrid. Killer performance, refinement, and good economy to boot.

MDX and and QX60 are a bit bigger then i'm looking for, but maybe i'll take a second look at the MDX. Funny enough, haven't driven one at work yet. QX60 is no bueno.

M-B burl is joke. From the phoniest sales staff I've ever met, to the horrid, atrocious, and incompetent service department.

We had a vehicle serviced, they over filled the vehicle with oil (the computer dash told us) which required a wasted second service trip, I ordered a windshield from them, and never got a return or follow up call, and they delivered the vehicle back dirty. they said they "forgot" to wash it.

Never again. Victoria Star MB in Kitchener is the preferred choice. They come and pick up the car at our place, and bring it back for $75. Easy peasy.

MDX and and QX60 are a bit bigger then i'm looking for, but maybe i'll take a second look at the MDX. Funny enough, haven't driven one at work yet. QX60 is no bueno.

It should tick all the boxes. there is a reason why its the best selling 3 row luxury SUV. Hybrid is hard to find, but still the best in the series in my opinion, otherwise, look at the A spec, if you lean toward sportier looks.

Wow.Topic was Volvo XC90 .Wtf happened?

It should tick all the boxes. there is a reason why its the best selling 3 row luxury SUV. Hybrid is hard to find, but still the best in the series in my opinion, otherwise, look at the A spec, if you lean toward sportier looks.

Watched a few reviews;

Interior is dated, no android auto, no pano roof, interior layout isn't exactly inspiring. In my opinion the RX350 has it beat in most things.

Watched a few reviews;

Interior is dated, no android auto, no pano roof, interior layout isn't exactly inspiring. In my opinion the RX350 has it beat in most things.

must have been reading 2012 reviews... :lmao:

it indeed has android auto, along with an interior to rival the germans...

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/most-luxurious-suvs

if you need pan roof, RDX might be your ticket.

no Caddy's on the list but you will find the Lincoln I talked about.

Last edited:
I had an MDX many years ago and it is a very nice vehicle . Comfortable, quiet and able in all weather conditions . It is all wheel drive which will use more fuel and it required Premium fuel. I traded it in on an 07 toyota 4 runner which is 4 wheel drive and is more efficient on fuel and only requires regular fuel. It is not quite as comfortable and smooth as the MDX but it does have more towing capacity. If you are looking for smaller maybe the RAV 4.

must have been reading 2012 reviews... :lmao:

it indeed has android auto, along with an interior to rival the germans...

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/most-luxurious-suvs

if you need pan roof, RDX might be your ticket.

no Caddy's on the list but you will find the Lincoln I talked about.

I was looking at the '17 as thats about the price range i'll be aiming for next year across most models. Maybe i was mistaken about android auto, but from what the reviewer was saying on the Advance model it still had silver painted plastic bits inside.

That's no bueno.

I like the RDX but i feel it may be too small, really looking for that mid-size range.

EDIT: RDX seems to have one of the most interior space/room in the class, maybe ill go take it for a spin.

Last edited:
My colleague has and XC90 and it’s a beauty. Not sure what trim level if is but, I was very impressed with the level of comfort it has.

They have owned it a year and it’s been good so far. They have a 5 year old and take it to North Bay along with gear and it’s a comfortable ride. I’ve been in it a few times and found the experience enjoyable.

To me, it looks the business. I don’t know how it drives personally.

For me, driving an SUV will never really have that feel you want from driving a sport sedan. Etc.

I’ve driven the RX350 and X5/X3.

I think the Lexus is so smooth and quiet that, it just gives the impression that is too isolated from the driving experience.

If you are looking for performance, maybe look at the F Sport package and see if that makes a difference?

What I like about the Lexus and I’m not 100% certain if it’s still true? It’s assembled in Cambridge. And Canada was the first place to have final assembly of a Lexus product outside of Japan. And specifically the RX model.

They may have extended that to other plants?

But I like that.

I had a X3 with 3L awd for a week. And honestly, the sound of the 6 did make me want to drive it quickly. And I liked the upgraded wheel package it had. Not sure how the base engine would be? And this was during the summer in perfect conditions. Never had to challenge the awd system in rain or off road.

I never got to drive it loaded with the wife, dogs and kids loaded for a road trip but, overall I did enjoy the experience. It was peppy. The transmission was excellent and again, that engine was very nice.

I drove an older X5 (2011 I think?) and found it ok. It didn’t really leave a great impression at the time. It was maybe 3 years ago. I remember wondering what the appeal of the BMW was. It was a base trim model and felt like it.

My manager has a Q5 and it’s a nice machine. It’s the high trim level with AWD, pano food etc. The back seat leg room is limited but, the driving experience from the passenger side was very nice. And driving mixed highway and city, I thought was very good. Good pick up, seat comfort. Audi is one of the best for interiors IMO.

As for the Volvo, I get the appeal. It looks great. It’s different. You’ll know where to find the thing at the Home Depot or IKEA parking lot search.

For me, I don’t really have a local dealer so, it would never be on my radar. I admire it but, it’s not enough to bring it to the short list.

The RX does the job for me but, if your not impressed with the driving experience, your not.

I’ve seen the new Pilot but, haven’t driven it yet. It’s a nice looking machine. Lots of room. Personally, I’d rather a Honda over an Acura but, that’s me.

And it contradicts myself as I like Lexus and would pay the premium over a similar product offering from Toyota.

If you’re just looking at a 4 year lease, I’d test them out and see what feels right.

Oh, and I’ve gone into the local Lexus Dealer dressed like a hobo and they treated me like gold. I’ve shopped a couple of times, kicked the tires with no intent to buy and they never snubbed their nose or clung to me. Offered me something to drink and answer any questions and show me anything. Told me if I wanted to test drive something, they just need my license.

The other one I’d consider is the new VW Atlas. I’m not currently in the market so, I haven’t taken a look at them up close and personal but, I like VW and my experience with them has been good. Even if they polluted 35/50 times more than advertised and bent over backwards to hide the fact.

Good luck in your search! Let us know what direction you end up going with.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom