Volvo XC90 (Current gen) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Volvo XC90 (Current gen)

Evoex

The God
Site Supporter
Anyone have any insight on this current model? Looking for a potential vehicle change next year and i'm cross shopping this with the X5.

On first glance/paper the Volvo looks like the better buy. Likely aim for the T6 AWD R-Design spec

X5 i have driven (35i and 35d) and did like it, found the stock sound system pretty disappointing though.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Don't have any info on the X90 but have been looking at the XC60 for my wife and it has impressive safety score. I wold go Volvo over BMW myself.

Don't have any info on the X90 but have been looking at the XC60 for my wife and it has impressive safety score. I wold go Volvo over BMW myself.

That way my initial thought as well.

However the xc90 is higher on insurance and worse on reliability.

I need to talk to my neighbour. He has 2 XC90's but they are both mych older.....2005 iirc correctly. I recall him saying that he would not get any after that year because they did something different, but I can't remember what.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

IMO, anything European is only good for a lease or short term ownership while it's still under factory warranty. I personally love the XC90 but that is based on the styling and uniqueness factor. I despise BMW for basically putting the same interior across their entire line up since 1999.

Take a look at the MB GLC or GLE Coupe. Both will be fun to drive in either AMG trim.

IMO, anything European is only good for a lease or short term ownership while it's still under factory warranty. I personally love the XC90 but that is based on the styling and uniqueness factor. I despise BMW for basically putting the same interior across their entire line up since 1999.

Take a look at the MB GLC or GLE Coupe. Both will be fun to drive in either AMG trim.

Heard the MB stealerships are a complete travesty, currently not on my short list.

Boss has a fully loaded 2018.
It has seen the shop a fair bit.
Full engine replacement earlier in spring due to some defect with a piston.
Went back a few months later for some other issue.
All covered of course.

Gorgeous SUV of course, his older one had no issues.

I wouldn't own an X5 out of warranty. It seemed like the day after the warranty expired, problem after problem would crop up: sensors, coolant leaks, premature CV boot wear, etc. Every single time it was brought to the dealership, it was a minimum $800 bill. The guy at the service desk started feeling sorry for me and sent me to a website where you could source OEM parts for a lot cheaper than what the dealership charged, so I could bring the parts in myself and have them install them for me.

Great truck when it worked, amazing performance and handling. But lease them for the life of the warranty and ditch it before the factory-installed time bomb goes off.

Junk, avoid at all costs.

made in China. overstressed 4cyl engine with both super and turbo charging, lugging around a large heavy vehicle. cramped drivers environment

just about everything else in its class has a better suited V6.

if you are going to buy european crap, at least buy a Jaguar F Pace, it will still look good even on the back of a tow truck.

FYI the current XC90 is assembled in Sweden. The previous model continues to be built in China but only for the Chinese market.

Indeed, it is built more than 1 plant, apparently one in India, and soon, next gen XC90s built in US.

still stick to my previous comments regarding the current model.

Last edited:
I need to talk to my neighbour. He has 2 XC90's but they are both mych older.....2005 iirc correctly. I recall him saying that he would not get any after that year because they did something different, but I can't remember what.

They were owned by Ford in 05. Same chassis as the Freestyle.

FORD-Freestyle-Headlight-KIT-2.jpg

I wouldn't own an X5 out of warranty. It seemed like the day after the warranty expired, problem after problem would crop up: sensors, coolant leaks, premature CV boot wear, etc. Every single time it was brought to the dealership, it was a minimum $800 bill. The guy at the service desk started feeling sorry for me and sent me to a website where you could source OEM parts for a lot cheaper than what the dealership charged, so I could bring the parts in myself and have them install them for me.

Great truck when it worked, amazing performance and handling. But lease them for the life of the warranty and ditch it before the factory-installed time bomb goes off.

Why go to the dealer at that point? Other than coffee they don't do anything better than a good shop.

Good feedback so far, thanks.

Not really liking the Japanese options so far.

Friend put me onto the XT5 from Cadillac. Going to arrange a demo and go from there.

Friend put me onto the XT5 from Cadillac. Going to arrange a demo and go from there.

give the MKX now called Nautilus a spin. 355hp twin turbo, faster and stops better than the XT5.

I believe Ford makes a better overall product than GM.

From minor digging, the Lincoln MKX/nautilus is a fancy Ford Edge, and the Cadillac XT5 is a fancy new generation GMC Acadia / Chevrolet Traverse.

From minor digging, the Lincoln MKX/nautilus is a fancy Ford Edge, and the Cadillac XT5 is a fancy new generation GMC Acadia / Chevrolet Traverse.

They're both crap but if you have to chose one......

Shame he doesn't like the jap brands acura/lexus/Infiniti far more compelling

They're both crap but if you have to chose one......

Shame he doesn't like the jap brands acura/lexus/Infiniti far more compelling

Out of all of them i feel the RX350 is the best fit size wise but it's a snooze fest.

Back
Top Bottom