Angry at motorcycles parked on the sidewalk?

Thread: Angry at motorcycles parked on the sidewalk?

Angry at motorcycles parked on the sidewalk?

Forum Sponsor
    You can snitch on your fellow motorists here:

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/core/

Go nuts.

Re: Angry at motorcycles parked on the sidewalk?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightcycle View Post
    You can snitch on your fellow motorists here:

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/core/

Go nuts.
    Faster way to lower your blood pressure, ahahahahahaaa!
    The TPS ads are good sometimes, I remember seeing something like this just before legalization: "911 is for emergencies. Calling 911 because you can smell your neighbours dirty laundry is not an emergency, neither is calling 911 for smelling their marijuana"

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
    Nothing says Learning like road rash and lost dignity!

I can see that for fire routes and handicap but wouldn't stupid parking on private property be at the discretion of the property owner?

Quote Originally Posted by nobbie48 View Post
    I can see that for fire routes and handicap but wouldn't stupid parking on private property be at the discretion of the property owner?

Some people just need to be outraged at something. I guess TPS was getting tired of being #hashtagcopied on all the Twitter and Facebook bad-parking-name-and-shame posts, so they gave them their own webpage so they could feel like they were doing something more than marching Internet pitchforks and torches.

I strongly doubt a police officer is going to pay a visit to the Yorkdale parking lot because someone reported a soccer mom's minivan parked over a white line...

Quote Originally Posted by Lightcycle View Post

Some people just need to be outraged at something. I guess TPS was getting tired of being #hashtagcopied on all the Twitter and Facebook bad-parking-name-and-shame posts, so they gave them their own webpage so they could feel like they were doing something more than marching Internet pitchforks and torches.

I strongly doubt a police officer is going to pay a visit to the Yorkdale parking lot because someone reported a soccer mom's minivan parked over a white line...
    Well it says right on the ad "frees up the phone lines for true emergencies". So there's the motive.

I guess there are complete idiots who actually call in to report things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnnw View Post

I guess there are complete idiots who actually call in to report things like this.
    No, they just turn up on social media

Exactly. Let' not kid ourselves, they will dispatch the parking assassins not a peace officer. So it's going to be the same 20 minute or 20 hour wait times as with any other situation.

Seems like they are just dumping something on Parking Enforcement that was already their mandate to begin with. Big deal.
    14' GROM - Stretched & slammed beast
    17' FZ09 - Totaled by a left turner
    15' R3 - Sold but missed.
    "Don't confuse my attitude with my personality. My personality is who i am, my attitude depends on who you are."

Quote Originally Posted by crankcall View Post
    No, they just turn up on social media
    OMG! Take a picture of their license!
    Post their name and phone number!
    Find out where they live!
    BURN THEIR F'N HOUSE DOWN FOR TAKING UP TWO SPOTS!!!!!!

This will fix sloppy parkers ...

Car-on-scrap-yard-crane-220x231.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Evoex View Post
    Exactly. Let' not kid ourselves, they will dispatch the parking assassins not a peace officer. So it's going to be the same 20 minute or 20 hour wait times as with any other situation.

Seems like they are just dumping something on Parking Enforcement that was already their mandate to begin with. Big deal.
    Every municipality has it's own rules. Not every tenant in a complex can request a ticketing. Appropriate signage is needed etc. I've never seen a sign "No Stupid Parking". What if there's a shortage of spots and you squeeze in next to jerko but are still over the next line? Jerko leaves and it appears you're the bad guy. Hopefully it will minimize junk 911 calls.

How about sending a email / letter to a store in the plaza say "I was going to buy $$$ worth of your stuff today but couldn't find a parking spot so I went elsewhere. See the plaza owner for an explanation."
    Last edited by nobbie48; 11-07-2018 at 06:53 PM.

Every municipality has it's own rules. Not every tenant in a complex can request a ticketing. Appropriate signage is needed etc. I've never seen a sign "No Stupid Parking". What if there's a shortage of spots and you squeeze in next to jerko but are still over the next line? Jerko leaves and it appears you're the bad guy. Hopefully it will minimize junk 911 calls.

How about sending a email / letter to a store in the plaza say "I was going to buy $$$ worth of your stuff today but couldn't find a parking spot so I went elsewhere. See the plaza owner for an explanation."
    I'd love to see some legislation on this. As far as i know if you own the spot you can call the PE any damn time you feel like it.
    14' GROM - Stretched & slammed beast
    17' FZ09 - Totaled by a left turner
    15' R3 - Sold but missed.
    "Don't confuse my attitude with my personality. My personality is who i am, my attitude depends on who you are."

looks like Che hasn't taken the bait

Quote Originally Posted by JavaFan View Post
    looks like Che hasn't taken the bait
    Too busy hawking loogies at jaywalkers and people downloading movies from the Internet.