Angry at motorcycles parked on the sidewalk? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Angry at motorcycles parked on the sidewalk?

Lightcycle

Rounder of bolts, Dropper of tools
Site Supporter
You can snitch on your fellow motorists here:

29mvdwk.jpg

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/core/

Go nuts.

You can snitch on your fellow motorists here:

29mvdwk.jpg

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/core/

Go nuts.
Faster way to lower your blood pressure, ahahahahahaaa!
The TPS ads are good sometimes, I remember seeing something like this just before legalization: "911 is for emergencies. Calling 911 because you can smell your neighbours dirty laundry is not an emergency, neither is calling 911 for smelling their marijuana"

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I can see that for fire routes and handicap but wouldn't stupid parking on private property be at the discretion of the property owner?

I can see that for fire routes and handicap but wouldn't stupid parking on private property be at the discretion of the property owner?

:dontknow:

Some people just need to be outraged at something. I guess TPS was getting tired of being #hashtagcopied on all the Twitter and Facebook bad-parking-name-and-shame posts, so they gave them their own webpage so they could feel like they were doing something more than marching Internet pitchforks and torches.

I strongly doubt a police officer is going to pay a visit to the Yorkdale parking lot because someone reported a soccer mom's minivan parked over a white line...

:dontknow:

Some people just need to be outraged at something. I guess TPS was getting tired of being #hashtagcopied on all the Twitter and Facebook bad-parking-name-and-shame posts, so they gave them their own webpage so they could feel like they were doing something more than marching Internet pitchforks and torches.

I strongly doubt a police officer is going to pay a visit to the Yorkdale parking lot because someone reported a soccer mom's minivan parked over a white line...

Well it says right on the ad "frees up the phone lines for true emergencies". So there's the motive.

I guess there are complete idiots who actually call in to report things like this.

Exactly. Let' not kid ourselves, they will dispatch the parking assassins not a peace officer. So it's going to be the same 20 minute or 20 hour wait times as with any other situation.

Seems like they are just dumping something on Parking Enforcement that was already their mandate to begin with. Big deal.

Exactly. Let' not kid ourselves, they will dispatch the parking assassins not a peace officer. So it's going to be the same 20 minute or 20 hour wait times as with any other situation.

Seems like they are just dumping something on Parking Enforcement that was already their mandate to begin with. Big deal.

Every municipality has it's own rules. Not every tenant in a complex can request a ticketing. Appropriate signage is needed etc. I've never seen a sign "No Stupid Parking". What if there's a shortage of spots and you squeeze in next to jerko but are still over the next line? Jerko leaves and it appears you're the bad guy. Hopefully it will minimize junk 911 calls.

How about sending a email / letter to a store in the plaza say "I was going to buy $$$ worth of your stuff today but couldn't find a parking spot so I went elsewhere. See the plaza owner for an explanation."

Last edited:
Every municipality has it's own rules. Not every tenant in a complex can request a ticketing. Appropriate signage is needed etc. I've never seen a sign "No Stupid Parking". What if there's a shortage of spots and you squeeze in next to jerko but are still over the next line? Jerko leaves and it appears you're the bad guy. Hopefully it will minimize junk 911 calls.

How about sending a email / letter to a store in the plaza say "I was going to buy $$$ worth of your stuff today but couldn't find a parking spot so I went elsewhere. See the plaza owner for an explanation."

I'd love to see some legislation on this. As far as i know if you own the spot you can call the PE any damn time you feel like it.

Back
Top Bottom