Need legal help/advise | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need legal help/advise

Can't you just hire someone to photoshop and call it a day?

I have seen people do a post-wedding photo shoot. You get to pick a day with great weather and a beautiful location that may not have been accessible on your wedding day. With much work, you could probably make a couple believable shots of your wedding day.

This matter will all depend on what's in your contract. He delivered the goods to you, just not to your standards. Does the contract specify some sort of a quality guarantee? However, the business offered you a resolution to fix the matter. But you refused. This is likely not a slam-dunk case.

Gee I guess you will accept any kind of garbage any contractor will give you?

The OP hired what he thought was a professional, which meant professional results. What he described as issues are basic items a pro would have dealt with or would have gotten right before handing over the deliverables. An out of focus picture is not acceptable and has nothing to do with someone's standards.

OP - I get your frustration, there are few feelings that sting worse than the feeling that you got ripped off, we've all been there at one point to one extent or another, but spending more time and energy on it will not make you feel any better at this point. I would try to have someone else contact the guy to and try to come to an agreement with him, and if that doesn't work write it off as the cost of a lesson learned.

SCC is not what you think it is, you will spend time and $$ and they will likely not give you the result you are looking for, in fact even if they rule that the guy has to refund you and cover your court costs good luck collecting from him if he is the small fly by night photographer you describe him to be.

not that its any consultation at this point, but most people here are right, no one looks at wedding pictures.

congrats!

So you're out some $ and stuck with some bad pic's..?
Sucks, but... you probably hired this guy cuz he was cheap.
Rest assured though... No one really wants to see your wedding pictures and pretty soon you won't even be able to find them.

[video=youtube_share;XF2RyY7gtJ0]https://youtu.be/XF2RyY7gtJ0[/video]

Buy this man a beer! I concur

Thanks everyone for your comments/suggestions. Somehow, I found the photographer's company physical address on WeddingWire.ca. However, it's a house address. Home business?

Honestly, SCC may not help because as folks mentioned, getting money out of these ppl would be hard. The only thing I could do is write a bad review and warn others.

Btw, if any professional photographer on board here, would like to see the pics, I would love to show you how bad the pics are over coffee. I am by Don Mills and DVP area.

As an ex-pro, it doesn't surprise me. People buy a DSLR and think they are great photographers. Unfortunately what many people will accept as great has degraded to the point those would be photographers get praise for the "great" shots they take.

... I am by Don Mills and DVP area.

ummm....Don Mills and DVP run parallel for a ways. :)

Btw, if any professional photographer on board here, would like to see the pics, I would love to show you how bad the pics are over coffee. I am by Don Mills and DVP area.

Again, no one looks at wedding photos, not even for a coffee!

Back
Top Bottom