Looking for a 2-3 day ride next week | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for a 2-3 day ride next week

Mad Mike

Havea few days off, looking for a solo or group ride next week. Can go ADV or ST, any ideas or others looking for a few last days on the road? Prefer light weight touring, don't mind cold camping or cheap motels.

Going on a road trip with my kid next week, so I'll have to pass. Sounds like a good time though.
Transtaiga next year?

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Eastern Ohio is my go to for short trips but haven't been for a few years. Lots of pleasant curvy roads. Usually stayed in Urichesville at a Best Western but it may now be a Red Roof (Park in front of your door). Coshocton Heritage Village is interesting if it's open. The highway from Hannibal on the river to Woodsfield was full of pleasant surprises. Which way does the road turn when I get over the ridge?

Amish country so hearty food. Lehman's Hardware in Kidron caters to the Amish so if you need a part for your wood stove, bailing wire or a wick for your kerosene lamp it's worth the trip, especially if you're on a Harley.

Mid term elections are on Tuesday so civil war may break out.

Nice in Renovo PA tomorrow ...17 and sunny - cooler on Sat but still sunny ...not looking good past that.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/us/14-day-weather-trend/pennsylvania/renovo

ALmost a classic El Nino pattern funneling warm but wet air up from the gulf.

NatLoop.gif

Good luck - I don't think going south will be productive.

To the north of that will be chilly.

Gonna be a few sad people in early Nov - mid and upper teens for a couple of days,
https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/mississauga

Last edited:
The AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame and Museum is in Pickerington OH. We rode there in August. Interesting, small museum; worth the visit. Rode there in one day, took the nice roads back over 2 days.

If you haven't been to PA for riding and the weather cooperates, its 4 hours each way and lots of great riding to spread out over the remaining time.

Ohio is great too - just longer to get to. Less forested than PA and more of the twisty, hilly farm country.
Do a search on here for some past threads with good roads and routes.

If doing the motel thing in the states, I usually stay at Super8 because of their free breakfast, clean rooms and wifi for a decent price. Otherwise I check hotelcoupons.com for last minute deals in whatever city I might be sleeping in.

I'd offer to go with you, but I'm in Florida and off to Louisiana, where the weather is just a touch warmer!

SE Ohio is nice but a long haul to and from. You CAN go non-slab of course but takes longer.
Really not looking promising.

Super8 is excellent.

Back
Top Bottom