I need an accountant - A really good one. | GTAMotorcycle.com

I need an accountant - A really good one.

Mina

Site Supporter
Any recommendations? Small business/corporation. Need somebody who knows what they're doing.

Thanks!

I use sebastian rusin at innovo llp. Paul Busch is also very good. Both are ca/cpa and have been in business a long time.

I use sebastian rusin at innovo llp. Paul Busch is also very good. Both are ca/cpa and have been in business a long time.

Will check 'em out. Thanks!

this is usually not a good need
best of luck Mina
particularly if CRA is involved

No, it's nothing like that.

I've always been self employed but never collected HST, I've been recently contacted by CRA to start collecting HST on services rendered.

Current "company" is registered as sole proprietorship but will be switching over to a corporation in the new year. I think it makes more sense that way for many reasons but I need somebody who knows the ins and outs who can help me maximize my write offs, minimize my personal and corporate taxes.

Last edited:
Hmmm I am guessing you are trying to find someone new because your existing accountant didn't advise you correctly on the HST issue? You may want to discus the whole sol proprietorship vs corp with them and see what benefits there are. If you are a single employee type it might not be an advantage, unless you want to distance yourself for liability reasons.

I've always been self employed but never collected HST, I've been recently contacted by CRA to start collecting HST on services rendered.

Current "company" is registered as sole proprietorship but will be switching over to a corporation in the new year. I think it makes more sense that way for many reasons but I need somebody who knows the ins and outs who can help me maximize my write offs, minimize my personal and corporate taxes.

I had a good one but sadly he died :(
Sounds like you need 2 people to me, first is a bookkeeper to keep track of the day to day business and second is your tax accountant who can get you started on your first few corporate tax submissions, once you've gone through the process a few times it get's easier.
In my experience there are very few tax 'write offs' available until you start making bags of money.

btw: best if you use the same accountant for both your personal and corporate tax calculations, they will balance your corporate declaration and personal declared income to best suit the tax implications.

Last edited:
Will check 'em out. Thanks!

No, it's nothing like that.

I use Irwin Tax on the 115. Bit of a drive for most but Patty and her staff really know their stuff. She is also stupid busy (tradeoff for being so good I suppose).

How much are you guys paying your accountant? Just got a quote of $300/h!:shock: That's more than an associate lawyer charges! WTF?!

How much are you guys paying your accountant? Just got a quote of $300/h!:shock: That's more than an associate lawyer charges! WTF?!

That price isn't crazy for a great accountant, but you don't normally need many hours of their attention. I have a looser relationship with my accountant. Neither one of us likes all the time wasted by tracking billable hours. He sends me a reasonable bill for the work conducted and I pay it. Some people would not be comfortable with this approach, but it works for us.

@mina my brother is pretty happy with his guy in Brampton. I'll get you his info if that's not too far for you.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom