I need an accountant - A really good one.

Thread: I need an accountant - A really good one.

Exclamation I need an accountant - A really good one.

Forum Sponsor
    Any recommendations? Small business/corporation. Need somebody who knows what they're doing.

Thanks!

Re: I need an accountant - A really good one.

I use sebastian rusin at innovo llp. Paul Busch is also very good. Both are ca/cpa and have been in business a long time.

this is usually not a good need
    best of luck Mina
    particularly if CRA is involved

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    I use sebastian rusin at innovo llp. Paul Busch is also very good. Both are ca/cpa and have been in business a long time.
    Will check 'em out. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JavaFan View Post
    this is usually not a good need
    best of luck Mina
    particularly if CRA is involved
    No, it's nothing like that.

I've always been self employed but never collected HST, I've been recently contacted by CRA to start collecting HST on services rendered.

Current "company" is registered as sole proprietorship but will be switching over to a corporation in the new year. I think it makes more sense that way for many reasons but I need somebody who knows the ins and outs who can help me maximize my write offs, minimize my personal and corporate taxes.
    Last edited by Mina; 10-27-2018 at 12:38 AM.

Hmmm I am guessing you are trying to find someone new because your existing accountant didn't advise you correctly on the HST issue? You may want to discus the whole sol proprietorship vs corp with them and see what benefits there are. If you are a single employee type it might not be an advantage, unless you want to distance yourself for liability reasons.
    See you out there - 2012 HD Electra Glide

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    I've always been self employed but never collected HST, I've been recently contacted by CRA to start collecting HST on services rendered.

Current "company" is registered as sole proprietorship but will be switching over to a corporation in the new year. I think it makes more sense that way for many reasons but I need somebody who knows the ins and outs who can help me maximize my write offs, minimize my personal and corporate taxes.
    I had a good one but sadly he died
    Sounds like you need 2 people to me, first is a bookkeeper to keep track of the day to day business and second is your tax accountant who can get you started on your first few corporate tax submissions, once you've gone through the process a few times it get's easier.
    In my experience there are very few tax 'write offs' available until you start making bags of money.

btw: best if you use the same accountant for both your personal and corporate tax calculations, they will balance your corporate declaration and personal declared income to best suit the tax implications.
    Last edited by Trials; 10-27-2018 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    Will check 'em out. Thanks!

No, it's nothing like that.

I use Irwin Tax on the 115. Bit of a drive for most but Patty and her staff really know their stuff. She is also stupid busy (tradeoff for being so good I suppose).

http://www.blrcpa.ca

I use this company. They also handle most of my bookkeeping now too.
    Let me know if you want a direct contact

How much are you guys paying your accountant? Just got a quote of $300/h! That's more than an associate lawyer charges! WTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by Pistachio Nuts View Post
    How much are you guys paying your accountant? Just got a quote of $300/h! That's more than an associate lawyer charges! WTF?!
    That price isn't crazy for a great accountant, but you don't normally need many hours of their attention. I have a looser relationship with my accountant. Neither one of us likes all the time wasted by tracking billable hours. He sends me a reasonable bill for the work conducted and I pay it. Some people would not be comfortable with this approach, but it works for us.

@mina my brother is pretty happy with his guy in Brampton. I'll get you his info if that's not too far for you.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk
    Originally Posted by inreb

His wife would.love to tools user the tree. You know, user the tree. To tools.