Trailer repair shop | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trailer repair shop

killvino

Got a used large utility trailer with a john deere i bought.
Hauled wine barrels and a ton of water cases last time.
Think when I loaded it with the water cases, I had too much weight on the tongue because now the stressed part of the trailer frame to tongue isn't straight and able to move slightly when you lift the trailer up/down.

Anyone know a shop that looks at and works on trailers? Or would most autoshops do it?

Will upload pictures and maybe video once I'm home in case its an easy self fix.

Thanks

Yikes. Before proceeding with any repair, make sure the whole trailer gets a good inspection. It would suck to repair the obvious flaw and have it fail somewhere else. Knowing it was overloaded enough to bend the frame would be enough for me to strongly consider junking the trailer (or reducing it to yard waste duty). Having a trailer fail in transit is not something I am interested in.

EDIT:
I would call a few local(ish) trailer manufacturers and see if they do repairs. JDJ comes to mind in waterdown or King City Trailers.

Edit 2:
Pics of master cut landscaping trailer I saw last year that had a catastrophic failure. The road is flat and reasonably smooth, no idea what triggered the failure. Either he took off hard from a light, did some kind of evasive manoeuvre or just got incredibly unlucky. You would think there would have been warning signs prior to the front of the trailer separating.
dhel40.jpg

2u9hobd.jpg

Last edited:
Yikes. Before proceeding with any repair, make sure the whole trailer gets a good inspection. It would suck to repair the obvious flaw and have it fail somewhere else. Knowing it was overloaded enough to bend the frame would be enough for me to strongly consider junking the trailer (or reducing it to yard waste duty). Having a trailer fail in transit is not something I am interested in.

EDIT:
I would call a few local(ish) trailer manufacturers and see if they do repairs. JDJ comes to mind in waterdown or King City Trailers.

That is my exact worry. Its a strong enough trailer other than that but I want to make sure everything is solid.
It's not the frame that's bent, i'll put pictures up its not even a weld but a point where the tongue is bolted onto the A frame.

I'll check them out, thanks.

A mechanic / friend does certifications on trailers in Brampton and his next door neighbour in the plaza is a welder that does custom truck beds. four one six 951 seven three four one. Tony

A mechanic / friend does certifications on trailers in Brampton and his next door neighbour in the plaza is a welder that does custom truck beds. four one six 951 seven three four one. Tony

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom