So you've winterized the bike but...... | GTAMotorcycle.com

So you've winterized the bike but......

nobbie48

Site Supporter
Have you winterized the storage facility?

Having dealt with a mouse last year I was concerned about a repeat so

1) Filled in the door bottom gaps, suspected entry points

2) Put in a sonic deterrent

After eventually catching the critter (Glue trap & PB) it was months before I found where it had been hiding, in a box of rags on a shelf six feet off the ground. It had to climb the block wall. Beats finding it in a chewed mass of motorcycle wiring and filters.

Today I put in high gloss ceramic tiles as a baseboard. Hopefully it won't let it climb. I know they can jump but may not have superpowers to jump and cling. Spidermouse?

Getting Irish Spring soap and fabric softener sheets and maybe another deterrent.

I had also found it had gotten into the garbage can where I had left a muffin paper cup with a lining of crumbs. No more food wrappers in garbage.

Today as I was having my morning coffee and wondering if I was getting too paranoid a mouse ran by the patio door. Only the paranoid survive.

I put tons of poison in/around vehicles. They are the last line of defense and provide an easy way to check for activity.

Just get a few traps and put gooey caramel or peanut butter on them. Mouse will be dead quickly. As for how their getting in? Look at your attic, probably a few critters up there. I have a cat that kills a lot of them but not all of them.

In addition to the defensive measures in the garage, I keep a trap in the back of the bbq come fall. Keeps the population down. I’ve killed about a dozen in the last month.

Unfortunately you can only do so much if your neighbours aren’t doing their part. Every so often I let the wives know that I’m catching mice...usually gets the husbands off the couch and setting traps or bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a product called Rodent odor free. Its a small pouch that you just hang in the area..good for 6 m. Vintage car guys use it when storing the cars

Last edited:
Just get a few traps and put gooey caramel or peanut butter on them. Mouse will be dead quickly. As for how their getting in? Look at your attic, probably a few critters up there. I have a cat that kills a lot of them but not all of them.

Nah, that'll just kill one at a time. Whole family is behind the wall.

Poison. Parents grab a chuck, bring it back to babes and you wipe out most of them in one shot. Just put the cubes in a keeper or somewhere that only mice can get to.

Nah, that'll just kill one at a time. Whole family is behind the wall.

Poison. Parents grab a chuck, bring it back to babes and you wipe out most of them in one shot. Just put the cubes in a keeper or somewhere that only mice can get to.
Then they decompose and stink up the wall.

I prefer the bucket trap.
https://youtu.be/6SIlYiiCGLI

I use a can covered in peanut butter. A bit of plumbers antifreeze keeps them from stinking.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Then they decompose and stink up the wall.

I prefer the bucket trap.
https://youtu.be/6SIlYiiCGLI

I use a can covered in peanut butter. A bit of plumbers antifreeze keeps them from stinking.

I don't like cleaning out the bucket trap-thats gross!

Bromide basically dehydrates the nest. I found skeletons, but no mushy mice.

Whatever works

I don't like cleaning out the bucket trap-thats gross!

Bromide basically dehydrates the nest. I found skeletons, but no mushy mice.

Whatever works
Yeah, I'll give you that. It is pretty gross.
My dad had one set up beside the propane tank in his barbecue. Mice kept eating the grease residue. He had 30+ in it within a week...

Please do not use glue traps...they are inhumane and mice can even rip their arms out....Glue traps are a cruel and painful way to die

Something fun to add to the thread, had to deal with this last week. (Car is normally parked outside)

[video=youtube;fu3i-PMIJo4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu3i-PMIJo4[/video]

Taking the bottom cover of that compartment off was a wee bit of a pain

2 for 2 tonight with the old school wooden traps.

Little bastards, I make a point of never keeping garbage in my garage yet they like to hang out there in the winter.

Back
Top Bottom