Winter (Snow) Riding | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Winter (Snow) Riding

Would you ride in the snow?

• Total voters
Yep.
You need a green plate, and you need insurance to get a green plate... except on private property, to which you have permission to ride on, or closed course.

... and the charge is HTA operate without insurance, which will appear on your Autoplus.

Oh and don't ride on snow mobile trails, even if you have a trail permit. It wrecks their trails, then they get ****** and send the OPP out to find you. It got messy.

If you look hard enough you can find snow/winter tires for a motorcycle. Treleborg used to make snows. Michelin makes snows for bicycles.

Ontario insurance act
thank-you, found it.

I think I'm still good, cops would have to cross my property to get to the lake and I'm not about to report myself ;)

I did when I was a kid, and I lived in Thunder Bay - if you didn't ride on snow, you had a MUCH shorter season. There were miles and miles of hard packed snowmobile tracks and Lake Superior was a solid sheet of fun. I never studded my tires, the snow was pretty grippy, but anyone who ice-raced did. I watched. In hindsight, the lower grip made riding in dirt feel like riding on asphalt, and in turn, made street riding feel like riding on rails. I'm considering getting a dirt bike again, but am a townie now, so it would be a lot more work to go snow riding, but Hell yeah, I'd do it.

Yep.
You need a green plate, and you need insurance to get a green plate... except on private property, to which you have permission to ride on, or closed course.

... and the charge is HTA operate without insurance, which will appear on your Autoplus.

Oh and don't ride on snow mobile trails, even if you have a trail permit. It wrecks their trails, then they get ****** and send the OPP out to find you. It got messy.

If you look hard enough you can find snow/winter tires for a motorcycle. Treleborg used to make snows. Michelin makes snows for bicycles.

IIRC you need insurance unless it is your own property. You can't ride on a friend's property permission or not. I assume races etc have a blanket policy.

Back
Top Bottom