Triumph Street Triple | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Triumph Street Triple

^^
Yup.
Only difference is brakes, suspension, and some carbon fibre body bits.
Motors are all shared.

At best all I ever put in the r was mid. I switch between mid and reg on my current bike with no issues.

Bought a 2016 Striple R this summer and it's the best overall bike I've ever owned. Wish I bought one before the previous 5.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing. I just got a 2014 Triumph Street Triple that was kept in meticulous shape by a passionate rider;)

Thank you. Very convincing. I got the a '14 Street Triple;)

I had a 2012 street triple R. Dual arrows. They were pretty loud and after a few hours,they became really annoying. Even with earplugs I could hear them in my head post ride. Short wheelbase, super light weight,excellent smooth motor. Very comfortable ergo. Suspension is harsh and tiring on a long days ride up north on bad roads.

The seat sloped slightly forward so after after a few hours it could get a bit uncomfortable. I used a Alaska sheepskin on my seat. I tried a Sargent seat which did not work for me. The throttle was very easy to keep open for hours,no cramp buster needed. Required premium fuel which aggravated me to no end.

Fuel mileage age isn’t great but isn’t bad either. You are pretty much at the very end of the tank getting 350 k out of a tank depending on the prevailing conditions. Power comes on nice but you must be very smooth with your throttle openings or it’s a buck n roll.

The brakes were were really sensitive. Grabby almost. I didn’t like that very much. I had to remember to brake carefully to avoid locking up or doing a stoppie. With a givi windscreen it did a very good job of cutting some windblast. I had handguards and heat grips installed as well. Plus a full luggage system for hard bags, the racks were custom made to take Givi bags. Rearack as well. Sold it for some stupid reason......

and now I am on a 2015 street triple....NOT the R version this time. I didn’t want to revisit the grabby brakes and harsh suspension and premium fuel. I don’t do track days, I don’t ride aggressively,I don’t need those things on my bike. The street triple is much more compliant and a more comfortable ride than the R.

No aftermarket pipe so far I don’t feel I need it. No flat spots anywhere and tons of fun with a throttle twist. It’s setup with SW motech luggage this time around for huge weight savings over the racks but still giving me storage that looks good, sits in tight to the bike and compliments the look of the machine without bulk.

no top box this time around. I have handguards with bar-end mirrors. Triumph sliders,mirrors,levers and something else I can’t remember. Do yourself a favour and spend some money for case covers. Really, the ergos are all day long comfortable and then awesome for the twisties in WV.

i rode my 2012 for about 10 days down south with about 60 litres of storage that had all my camping gear,food ,cooler and clothes. Had a blast. I like that engine so much I may need to revisit a tiger when it’s time to retire the bmw. I much prefer it over the twin.

Back
Top Bottom