Canadian laws on driving under the influence of cannabis | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canadian laws on driving under the influence of cannabis

Don`t recall that reason from anyone . But now JT made it law with the new Cannabis law .

We covered it in another thread, but the police don't need PC to pull you over based on the fact they can do so simply to check you are properly licensed and insured. Hey, if they happen to see your bloodshot red eyes during the encounter, tough cookies!

Don`t recall that reason from anyone . But now JT made it law with the new Cannabis law .

This topic comes up pretty often from all the FTP know-it-alls that watch too much American TV where they need a reason to pull you over.

In Canada, cops don't need a reason to pull you over. I highly doubt anyone in Canada has gotten out of a HTA charge because a police office didn't have probable cause to pull them over - just a reason for them to lay a **** ton of tickets for being an ***.

This topic comes up pretty often from all the FTP know-it-alls that watch too much American TV where they need a reason to pull you over.

In Canada, cops don't need a reason to pull you over. I highly doubt anyone in Canada has gotten out of a HTA charge because a police office didn't have probable cause to pull them over - just a reason for them to lay a **** ton of tickets for being an ***.

Um...Pulling you over.. to check your documents.. is a reason.

Mj impairment roadside tests will be challenged no doubt, a medical user on a high volume script like mine at 3.5 grams daily :D...thank you insurance..... would make me never unimpaired which is bull crap. Upon renewal of my script I was given government mandated info which states not to drive after consumption for 3 hours.
Most casual and ocassional users I can agree that the impairment might be enough ..those folks tend to get little paranoid and drive slower and more careful meanwhile a high volume user the beat just goes on.
I am definately a better faster rider...driver...worker...player...after puffing. Could puff a OZ and outride most nannies on here and still pass roadside sobriety test but not the Nan test so stick that in your pipe LEGALIZATION.
You would think that before the recent legalization that weed impairment never existed. The whole rollout of weed is a joke...legalize with limited supply and no brick and mortar locations with delivery service canada post on strike......creating new users...then a shortage causing the flooding of the black market which most will continue with meanwhile the real medical users cannot get product from LP 'S out of stock cause they charge more for recreational weed.
Thank you TRUDEAU

Medical users get a free pass. Cut and paste from the blog

[h=3]A) Medical Cannabis Users[/h][FONT=&quot]
medical-marijuana.png
Users of cannabis that have a prescription are not subject to the same restrictions in terms of blood and saliva testing, but can still be charged with impaired driving if there is evidence that they are impaired (e.g., slurred speech, erratic driving, failing a roadside sobriety test).

Time to buy a medical use license!![/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom