Canadian laws on driving under the influence of cannabis | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canadian laws on driving under the influence of cannabis

Hmm how much weed would one need to smoke to hit the 2.5 and/or 5 ng limit? Just for informational purposes

Guess it depends on the strain and thc content too

I don't agree with all of these new laws in regards to driving while high. You can disagree all you want, but weed is on a much lower scale than alcohol in terms of how much it will affect your judgement and impair your ability to properly operate a motor vehicle.
For example....I drink 8 beers in 3 hours...won't be able to drive for hours, or until the morning after as you will still feel affects. Now with weed, I can smoke a joint and feel completely fine after 1 hour. This is where I am really confused. How long does the "ng %" stay in your system?
I have been smoking on a daily for 15+ years and never have the cops cared enough to take my personal weed or do anything when getting caught.
If you are that paranoid and are driving/riding after smoking, take a couple big sips of Coca Cola and swish it around in your mouth. It will kill everything in your mouth and 95% of what would have been in your saliva will be deteriorated (at least this is what I've been told).

Last edited:
It's possible that one puff could get you to 2 ng alone, a saliva test won't pick it up after 6-8 hours...
here's the device they will use to test:
https://www.draeger.com/en-us_ca/Al...Drug-Testing-Devices/DrugTest-5000#literature
Officer "have you smoked any weed today?"
Civilian "Yes sir a couple puffs 6 hours ago"
Officer "ok ma'am/sir, I am going to need to swab your saliva....please step out of the vehicle, you are under arrest for being under the influence of smoking marijuana 6 hours ago and feeling that you were ok to operate a motor vehicle" LOL!!
If this is the way it is going to be, I wish they never legalized it. It has been decriminalized for some time, which is how it should have stayed.
On the other hand, it is pretty sweet that you can travel anywhere in Canada on a plain with a 30 gram sack of weed in your pocket :lmao:

On the other hand, it is pretty sweet that you can travel anywhere in Canada on a plain with a 30 gram sack of weed in your pocket :lmao:

"Sir, our scales indicate your package contains 32 grams. You are under arrest for trafficking." Legalization doesn't mean freedom. It means another layer of government bureaucracy that wants your money.

"Sir, our scales indicate your package contains 32 grams. You are under arrest for trafficking." Legalization doesn't mean freedom. It means another layer of government bureaucracy that wants your money.
HAHA! I'd lose ittt

Mj impairment roadside tests will be challenged no doubt, a medical user on a high volume script like mine at 3.5 grams daily :D...thank you insurance..... would make me never unimpaired which is bull crap. Upon renewal of my script I was given government mandated info which states not to drive after consumption for 3 hours.
Most casual and ocassional users I can agree that the impairment might be enough ..those folks tend to get little paranoid and drive slower and more careful meanwhile a high volume user the beat just goes on.
I am definately a better faster rider...driver...worker...player...after puffing. Could puff a OZ and outride most nannies on here and still pass roadside sobriety test but not the Nan test so stick that in your pipe LEGALIZATION.
You would think that before the recent legalization that weed impairment never existed. The whole rollout of weed is a joke...legalize with limited supply and no brick and mortar locations with delivery service canada post on strike......creating new users...then a shortage causing the flooding of the black market which most will continue with meanwhile the real medical users cannot get product from LP 'S out of stock cause they charge more for recreational weed.
Thank you TRUDEAU

Lol like I used to ask my dealer back in the day " is that with the bag or without"

On the other hand, it is pretty sweet that you can travel anywhere in Canada on a plane with a 30 gram sack of weed in your pocket :lmao:

ftfy

also, you may want to visit an airport, they are pretty clear about not transporting it.

ftfy

also, you may want to visit an airport, they are pretty clear about not transporting it.

Only on international flights. Domestic flights within Canada you can bring up to 30g of Cannabis worry free.

These new laws are a lawyers wet dream . They will have a field day with appeals and trials . Cannabis legalization is a new source of revenue for lawyers .

I am definately a better faster rider...driver...worker...player...after puffing. Could puff a OZ and outride most nannies on here and still pass roadside sobriety test

eyeroll.jpg

As for the new laws, you may not like them, but that doesn't mean they're not going to apply to you.

Just wanted to mention...be prepared for increased random vehicle searches when crossing into the USA. Happened to the wife and I on Friday crossing at the Rainbow bridge. They had a half a dozen cars pulled into the search area.

Welcome to the new “normal”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These new laws are a lawyers wet dream . They will have a field day with appeals and trials . Cannabis legalization is a new source of revenue for lawyers .

there is a lawyer in vancouver that already has a constitutional challenge in the can waiting for the first person to get charged with impaired with evidence from the Dräger DrugTest® 5000. She was one of the first buyers of the machine in Canada.

there is a lawyer in vancouver that already has a constitutional challenge in the can waiting for the first person to get charged with impaired with evidence from the Dräger DrugTest® 5000. She was one of the first buyers of the machine in Canada.

The whole process will be under scrutiny . From the police pulling you over for no reason . To the road side drug tests .

The whole process will be under scrutiny . From the police pulling you over for no reason . To the road side drug tests .

They can and already do this; "documents check".

Back
Top Bottom