Weed and Motocycles | GTAMotorcycle.com

Weed and Motocycles

Moff

Not condoning riding high and you could lose your license or worse, but who has been high while riding? I can imagine that it is tempting while riding on long stretches of open roads....then again the ride should be enough of a high. It would be horrible in busy traffic though!

I actually have a concern about this, in Ontario it is now legal to smoke weed but for novice riders M2 it says you may not have any cannibis in your system at all.... doesn't weed stay in your system for days or even weeks after consumption? so if a person smokes weed that may mean they can't ride for weeks? I'd have thought that if you smoke it one afternoon by the next day you'd be ok?

Last edited:
lol they can pull one hair out of your head and determine what you have consumed since you have been growing hair.

I actually have a concern about this, in Ontario it is now legal to smoke weed but for novice riders M2 it says you may not have any cannibis in your system at all.... doesn't weed stay in your system for days or even weeks after consumption? so if a person smokes weed that may mean they can't ride for weeks? I'd have thought that if you smoke it one afternoon by the next day you'd be ok?

Does it? Good question then.

Not condoning riding high and you could lose your license or worse, but who has been high while riding? I can imagine that it is tempting while riding on long stretches of open roads....then again the ride should be enough of a high. It would be horrible in busy traffic though!

inb4 an official study is done that says "Weed impairs motor functions, judgments, and is bad while operating vehicles"

Don't get me wrong, I vape weed regularly. However, I have enough self awareness to know only to use it at home. I've read some really stupid **** from others who think:

• Weed + motorcycle = good idea
  • Weed + power lifting = good idea
  • Weed + driving = good idea
  • Weed + coding = good idea

油井緋色;2593035 said:
inb4 an official study is done that says "Weed impairs motor functions, judgments, and is bad while operating vehicles"

Don't get me wrong, I vape weed regularly.

Then you are a CHRONIC marijuana user! According to an expert panel on TVO, anyway. The gymnastic attempts by the government + media to paint the stuff as both a legal product and the devil's weed is tremendously amusing. At this stage there are senior citizens that have been smoking for most of their lives. I would have thought the horrific traffic accidents and social chaos should have materialized before now.

Last edited:
Then you are a CHRONIC marijuana user! According to an expert panel on TVO, anyway. The gymnastic attempts by the government + media to paint the stuff as both a legal product and the devil's weed is tremendously amusing. At this stage there are senior citizens that have been smoking for most of their lives. I would have thought the horrific traffic accidents and social chaos should have materialized before now.

nail on the head...

I've competed in regional sports (high) and finished 1st. I won't dare state which sport. don't be an idiot and admit...
I don't drive high and I signed off on my pot prescription "to not drive for 4 hours after inhaling".

When I was 17 I got my father high. He said to me " this is it? boy, did they ever blow this out of proportion."
then he told me he would blacken my eyes if I started smoking cigarettes lol.

I rarely drink alcohol..

EDIT- I do think the government needs to require pot be in child proof containers at all times- especially the edibles. How they missed this ?...I don't know.

Last edited:
I haven't obviously seen one in person, but I looked at the ocs.ca website this morning the dried pot bottles, "appear" to be similar to child resistant pill bottles.

Yes the Transportation Minister was on Newstalk 1010 this morning, and stated the regs are being updated so that Cannabis will be treated EXACTLY the same for novice, drivers under 21, and professional truck drivers ZERO tolerance. So in essence, (IF we believe the TPS), then that would mean niot driving for 28 days after a joint...lol

Quite honestly, if I were under 22 and NEEDED, a licence, I would simply wait. But, I am also a realist, and know that is not likely, nor practical. The military has taken the position of NO smoking within 8 hours of active duty, and no smoking within 48 hours if you will be handling a weapon.

nail on the head...

I've competed in regional sports (high) and finished 1st. I won't dare state which sport. don't be an idiot and admit...
I don't drive high and I signed off on my pot prescription "to not drive for 4 hours after inhaling".

When I was 17 I got my father high. He said to me " this is it? boy, did they ever blow this out of proportion."
then he told me he would blacken my eyes if I started smoking cigarettes lol.

I rarely drink alcohol..

EDIT- I do think the government needs to require pot be in child proof containers at all times- especially the edibles. How they missed this ?...I don't know.

I haven't obviously seen one in person, but I looked at the ocs.ca website this morning the dried pot bottles, "appear" to be similar to child resistant pill bottles.

Yes the Transportation Minister was on Newstalk 1010 this morning, and stated the regs are being updated so that Cannabis will be treated EXACTLY the same for novice, drivers under 21, and professional truck drivers ZERO tolerance. So in essence, (IF we believe the TPS), then that would mean niot driving for 28 days after a joint...lol

Quite honestly, if I were under 22 and NEEDED, a licence, I would simply wait. But, I am also a realist, and know that is not likely, nor practical. The military has taken the position of NO smoking within 8 hours of active duty, and no smoking within 48 hours if you will be handling a weapon.

yes the big suppliers send the weed in child proof containers, but I don't think there are any regs on it. I don't know about the edibles packaging as I don't like the effect of edibles at all, its a very unpleasant high depending on dose-inhaling will only get you so high no matter how much you smoke. If I recall correctly, I had to "sign off" to not drive after eating pot for ~ 12 hours? There has been many accidental consumptions of pot in edible form, and hospital visits for it. Edibles in the home should be in child proof containers.

edit - heard on the news cops can't inhale for 28 days before duty- seems more like a 27 day penalty and an infringement on the cops rights during his free time.

Last edited:

There is a lack of studies on this because it was illegal lol

Give it time. I would legit bet money on some studies screaming this **** in the near future.

EDIT: Forgot to say, and I mean this kindly, but your rationality is an example of logical fallacy due to appealing to ignorance.

For example, and I'm a bit ashamed to admit this, I spent most of my early 20s drinking.....and driving over the legal limit. I never caused an accident. Hell, I managed to drink from 7PM to 3AM, then drive from Western for exams 3 hours away. So if we use your same rationality, then based on my specific experience (which includes the other idiots drinking with me), drinking does not make you drive worse.

...........we know that's not true. I know, for certain, that weed impairs cognitive abilities due to a few tiny white papers I read. However, scholarly articles on this are very few (hell, I think meth is better understood) due to the classification of the substance in the States (e.g. it was used to blame Mexicans.)

nail on the head...

I want to see you deadlift 3x your weight (or more) after fully loading a bong and doing it all. Hell, I want to see anyone do it. I'd be really impressed actually.

I'm sure there are certain sports that you would actually perform better high...like curling =P

Last edited:
油井緋色;2593056 said:
There is a lack of studies on this because it was illegal lol

Give it time. I would legit bet money on some studies screaming this **** in the near future.

EDIT: Forgot to say, and I mean this kindly, but your rationality is an example of logical fallacy due to appealing to ignorance.

For example, and I'm a bit ashamed to admit this, I spent most of my early 20s drinking.....and driving over the legal limit. I never caused an accident. Hell, I managed to drink from 7PM to 3AM, then drive from Western for exams 3 hours away. So if we use your same rationality, then based on my specific experience (which includes the other idiots drinking with me), drinking does not make you drive worse.

...........we know that's not true. I know, for certain, that weed impairs cognitive abilities due to a few tiny white papers I read. However, scholarly articles on this are very few (hell, I think meth is better understood) due to the classification of the substance in the States (e.g. it was used to blame Mexicans.)

I want to see you deadlift 3x your weight (or more) after fully loading a bong and doing it all. Hell, I want to see anyone do it. I'd be really impressed actually.

I'm sure there are certain sports that you would actually perform better high...like curling =P

does this include olympic snowboarding ? aka ross regliatti (bad spelling)

Last edited:
does this include olympic snowboarding ? aka ross regliatti (bad spelling)

I have no idea as the only time I tried skiing or boarding I spent most of it on my face sliding down a hill lol

How is it measured in your system? For instance beer is at a .02 04 06 08 ect level what exactly are the numbers for weed?

How is it measured in your system? For instance beer is at a .02 04 06 08 ect level what exactly are the numbers for weed?

There is no measurement system that isn't half assed or **** right now because the substance is barely understood in the scientific community; the government sure as hell isn't going to figure this out alone.

Pretty sure the system right now is hocus pocus (somebody pulling #s out of their ***.)

Well it cant be a Zero tolerance cause what happens to those people who take cbd oil? I take cbd oil and I can drink an entire bottle and not be high At All but I believe there is a hint of thc in it...

Well it cant be a Zero tolerance cause what happens to those people who take cbd oil? I take cbd oil and I can drink an entire bottle and not be high At All but I believe there is a hint of thc in it...

I feel zero effects after around 3 hours when vaping bud. I've also been to track days after smoking up the night before; from what a friend told me, this would be illegal on legal roads in the current system?

From what I know, weed byproducts stay in your system for quite some time after the effects are gone, so I'm pretty damn sure they don't know which compound to check for yet.

Edibles aren't legal (yet?); and hospital visits are due mostly to paranoia if i'm not mistaken, as the high can be hallucinogenic

Back
Top Bottom