My thoughts on Fortnine store

Thread: My thoughts on Fortnine store

Cool My thoughts on Fortnine store

Been riding since June, never purchased a motorcycle product in my life prior (35) and I just have to say that Fortnine is amazing.
    I can order something right today and it's on my doorstep tomorrow. No waiting 3-4 days for handling or delays in shipment etc.
    Fortnine is like Amazon prime but with motorcycle parts. I have spent close to $1000 already on parts and clothing and probably gonna spend more.
    Anyways, just my input on online shopping for parts and accessories! The Youtube channel is also excellent https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...SuFzCZjfK2C7dQ
    2016 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Re: My thoughts on Fortnine store

They are a good option For those that can t find what they require at a local store or are not near any local shops. But I still prefer using the local shops (GP Bikes, Royal, Regear) as my first option if I can find what I'm looking for. When you build a relationship with the local shops it makes it easier to purchase items that you seeing for the first time. E.g. if it's an item that has to be ordered. I have no problems asking them to order different sizes so I can try them out in the store prior to purchasing. I find online shopping for clothing type items more difficult or a hassle if you have to return or exchange them. Plus I like supporting the local shops , never know when you need them in an emergency. Just my opinion.
    2017 Ducati Supersport
    2010 Ninja 650r (sold)
    2009 Ninja 250r (sold)

fyi, in my experience GP Bikes will Price Match Fortnine, including sales.

I like both;

Fortnine for anything i don't need sizing for.

If i have to walk in and try it on then i'll throw GP the business for the helping hand.
    14' GROM - Stretched & slammed beast
    17' FZ09 - Totaled by a left turner
    15' R3 - Sold but missed.
    "Don't confuse my attitude with my personality. My personality is who i am, my attitude depends on who you are."

Quote Originally Posted by 250R-ICE View Post
    They are a good option For those that can t find what they require at a local store or are not near any local shops. But I still prefer using the local shops (GP Bikes, Royal, Regear) as my first option if I can find what I'm looking for. When you build a relationship with the local shops it makes it easier to purchase items that you seeing for the first time. E.g. if it's an item that has to be ordered. I have no problems asking them to order different sizes so I can try them out in the store prior to purchasing. I find online shopping for clothing type items more difficult or a hassle if you have to return or exchange them. Plus I like supporting the local shops , never know when you need them in an emergency. Just my opinion.
    I wish I lived in Whitby! I would be in Moto heaven. Unfortunately I live in at Yonge and Finch and we have no good stores near us. I would def go to GP or Royal if they were a tad closer. I have used them as an excuse to ride to window shop though lol
    2016 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

With the advent of JIT manufacturing will middlemen like Fortnine decline over time?
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Everyone likes to think that they may be the smartest person in the room, but sometimes that only occurs when we're alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Max527 View Post
    I wish I lived in Whitby! I would be in Moto heaven. Unfortunately I live in at Yonge and Finch and we have no good stores near us. I would def go to GP or Royal if they were a tad closer. I have used them as an excuse to ride to window shop though lol
    No excuses! I make the trek from Sheppard and Don Mills
    "Don't confuse my attitude with my personality. My personality is who i am, my attitude depends on who you are."

Quote Originally Posted by Baggsy View Post
    With the advent of JIT manufacturing will middlemen like Fortnine decline over time?
    Probably not. JIT is a manufacturing methodology that reduces production and inventory costs by reducing time in the manufacturer's supply chain. It has virtually no impact on how a product gets to market.

The biggest threat to Fortnine might be the de minimus changes expected under the deal replacing NAFTA. Canada is likely raising the mail-order duty free limit from $20 CAD to somewhere between $150 and $200 (sadly lower than most of the developed world who allow $500 to $800). This means we will be able to purchase goods from US suppliers without paying duty tax or import charges. You can already see companies like Rock Auto stepping up their ads and promos into Canada.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    Present: FJR 1300, DL650XT XV920R, GL1000, TR25W
    Past: GSXR1300, M50, EX250R, GL1500, XV250, TS200R, TW200, XV1100, CB750SS, H2 MIV, Rupp Roadster, MX125, MX250, DT400

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mike View Post
    Probably not. JIT is a manufacturing methodology that reduces production and inventory costs by reducing time in the manufacturer's supply chain. It has virtually no impact on how a product gets to market.

The biggest threat to Fortnine might be the de minimus changes expected under the deal replacing NAFTA. Canada is likely raising the mail-order duty free limit from $20 CAD to somewhere between $150 and $200 (sadly lower than most of the developed world who allow $500 to $800). This means we will be able to purchase goods from US suppliers without paying duty tax or import charges. You can already see companies like Rock Auto stepping up their ads and promos into Canada.
    The new limit will only apply to couriers not Canada post making it a big pile of nothing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The real middlemen in Canada are Parts Canada and Motovan. These two companies control a huge percentage of the non OEM motorcycle parts and accessories authorized sales and distribution. These organizations set the price you pay.
    PS

2002 Honda ST1100, 1977 Yamaha XS750, 1975 Yamaha XS500, Honda MT250, Honda CR250, Honda CB450, Honda TL125, Honda CB175, Kawasaki G4 100 and Honda CT70

Quote Originally Posted by Max527 View Post
    It's not that far from you. I also live in Toronto north York area. It's only a 40 to 45 min drive away.
    2017 Ducati Supersport
    2010 Ninja 650r (sold)
    2009 Ninja 250r (sold)

JIT manufacturing?? For motorcycles?? in North America???
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS(sold)
    2013 Honda CBR 600RR ABS(Current)

BUY SID FOR SPEED'S COMMEMORATIVE 1000TH POST EDITION T-SHIRT TODAY !

Not sure how it will affect motorcycle parts, but SIMA is also pretty arbitrary and I've been dinged by it several times at work this year.
    If getting the bike ready and getting around with it means you'd rather take the car? You have the wrong bike.

-crankcall-

CBR 600RR, FZR 600(gone), Banshee 350(sold), Formula 1 Sidecar (Passenger)

Fortnine has been good to me.

0 issues with them.
    Placed 8-10 orders in the past.
    Everything has been in stock, and shipped on time.
    Great outfit.
    09' Daytona 675 (street)
    12' Daytona 675r (track)
    04' Yamaha R6 (track) - for sale

FortNine is the best we have in Canada but I would not say it is great. Unlike the OP I have never had anything delivered next day. Shipping times are not horrible but they are certainly not like Amazon Prime orders or Revzilla orders State side. They do have a decent selection and I am sure it must be a tough business as there is no year round riding season anywhere in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    FortNine is the best we have in Canada but I would not say it is great. Unlike the OP I have never had anything delivered next day. Shipping times are not horrible but they are certainly not like Amazon Prime orders or Revzilla orders State side. They do have a decent selection and I am sure it must be a tough business as there is no year round riding season anywhere in the country.
    Hmmm? I'm fairly surprised to see feedback like this. While i maybe got next day shipping once, typically it's 2-3 days and we're talking about Free Expedited (IIRC) Shipping on orders over $49? Prime you're paying up front for the service and as for Revzilla...brokeragefeeLOL?

Now, do they mark up their inventory to compensate for this shipping? Maybe, but i would say their prices are competitive. Typically i'm getting GP or another vendor to match F9 stock prices, never mind sales.

Always been really good.Even when i have had to do a return.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

2017 CRF250 Rally
    2011 Ossa TR280i
    1976 Yamaha TY175