Ontario private member's bills aim to end auto insurance 'postal code discrimination'

Thread: Ontario private member's bills aim to end auto insurance 'postal code discrimination'

Ontario private member's bills aim to end auto insurance 'postal code discrimination'

Forum Sponsor

Re: Ontario private member's bills aim to end auto insurance 'postal code discriminat

Great! So, the rest of the province can may the same premiums as the GTA! Such a great win! Blah!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Ontario private member's bills aim to end auto insurance 'postal code discriminat

Err......of course it’s discrimination and I’m not sure I mind. I live in a place with very few bike thefts and less accidents and less poor drivers than the GTA, for that I expect my insurance premiums to be less and they are. I’m going to have a huge issue if I end up paying for SS owners who keep buying brand new theft-magnet bikes and parking them in the same condos their last new SS bike was stolen from. People are deluded if they think this will lower premiums across the board. They should focus on why insurance premiums are expensive in those postal code areas and sort that out.

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Why should people who get into more accidents have to pay more, that's discrimination.
    Ignorance is curable, Apathy not so much, but I don't care, I'll try anyway.

Everyone likes to think that they may be the smartest person in the room, but sometimes that only occurs when we're alone!

The red zone of 'risk' drivers has expanded to include my postal code , so yeah, anything is better. Sorry guys.

Instead of high rates in Brampton . We will have higher rates all over GTA . Easy way for insurgence companies to make more money .

08 VRSCDXA
    99 VFR800
    90 GSXR1100
    88 600 Katana
    84 VF500F
    84 Yamaha XS 400
    84 Suzuki GS400

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy **** ....what a ride!'

Quote Originally Posted by pfbmgd View Post
    Instead of high rates in Brampton . We will have higher rates all over GTA . Easy way for insurgence companies to make more money .
    Yup! I was thinking the same thing.

Sent from the moon!
    See you out there - 2012 HD Electra Glide

posturing
    one of the bills is from a conservative
    if the government were behind this
    it would not be a private members bill
    not likely to go anywhere
    but plays well in Brampton

This is just pure politics from Brampton politicians. Let's hope it goes nowhere.

As to fake accidents, inflated repair costs, excessive physio and other non provable "soft tissue" treatments government and the insurance industry have a wealth of info and statistics on people and organizations that churn claims and virtually nothing is being done to address this. Why not have a group of fraud enforcement people looking at the churners, validate the legitimacy of claims and shut down organizations that are ripping the system off.
    PS

2002 Honda ST1100, 1977 Yamaha XS750, 1975 Yamaha XS500, Honda MT250, Honda CR250, Honda CB450, Honda TL125, Honda CB175, Kawasaki G4 100 and Honda CT70

Cause why bother when you can sneak in insurance "reform" that limits your overall risk and payouts for all injury claims
    2006 Honda CB919
    "Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ReSTored View Post
    This is just pure politics from Brampton politicians. Let's hope it goes nowhere.

As to fake accidents, inflated repair costs, excessive physio and other non provable "soft tissue" treatments government and the insurance industry have a wealth of info and statistics on people and organizations that churn claims and virtually nothing is being done to address this. Why not have a group of fraud enforcement people looking at the churners, validate the legitimacy of claims and shut down organizations that are ripping the system off.
    Probably someone is making money from this somehow. Rate payers get stuck with the bill and have no choice to pay it.

I knew a PI who worked with insurance companies,and yes they all know about the scams. The biggest problem was most of the scams were generated by minorities taking advantage of the system. The companies and gov don't want to single them out and be seen as racists, even if it was true. So much for diversity eh?

I'm with you. It seems so simple. Get convicted of insurance fraud and never be eligible for insurance in Ontario again (nor eligible to collect for any soft tissue injury (nor any other injury not supported by a scan) even as a passenger). Driving is a privilege, not a right. You've lost it. Feel free to move your thieving *** somewhere else if you would like to continue to be a prick.

Listening to the political BS around this is astounding. I wonder if a politician has ever thought before talking. One was saying this would lower the rates for everybody. WTF. This should lower rates for some and increase rates for many more. I can't imagine the insurance companies wouldn't use this as an easy time to increase revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    Listening to the political BS around this is astounding. I wonder if a politician has ever thought before talking. One was saying this would lower the rates for everybody. WTF. This should lower rates for some and increase rates for many more. I can't imagine the insurance companies wouldn't use this as an easy time to increase revenue.
    This is exactly what will happen. One thing insurance companies have is stats. And they will show the claim costs by postal code for both where the insured lives as well as the incident occurs.

And guess what? The higher claims averages will be in highly populated areas. Take out the fraud element and just go with pure claims.

Folks look at this as a target on people. But, itís not only people. Itís the roads too. I would prefer municipalities identify poorly designed/high risk intersections and roadways and improve those areas. They can even lobby the insurance industry to assist with the cost of construction. Reduced accidents, reduced claims, improved roads and intersections and itís a win for everyone.

At least when it comes to collisions. Theft on the other hand.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's there a poll or something every year for worse intersection? I am pretty sure they city etc knows what are troubled area's.

I had a doctor try to "Pay" me with receipts for physio that I could give to my insurer. It's that blatant for some.

Quote Originally Posted by nobbie48 View Post
    I had a doctor try to "Pay" me with receipts for physio that I could give to my insurer. It's that blatant for some.
    Hard to know for sure but there are many many thousands of people involved in the scam process across the province.

When my daughter was in a car accident the emergency doctor who treated her said she would need physio for a hand injury. Then he pulled out a business card, gave it to us and say this company is great. We mentioned we already used a physio clinic close to home and he just shrugged. Next day we received a call at home from the company he recommending asking if we wanted to set up an appointment and we declined. This means that an ER doctor actually contacted a private physio company and passed on our personal contact information. Obviously he is not doing this for nothing, he either had a financial interest in the company or is being paid some kind of referral fee.

The above example may or may not be have been the start of a financial scam of the system, but it underscores the unethical behavior of people in the system when a doctor receives payoffs to make a referral to a private clinic.
    PS

2002 Honda ST1100, 1977 Yamaha XS750, 1975 Yamaha XS500, Honda MT250, Honda CR250, Honda CB450, Honda TL125, Honda CB175, Kawasaki G4 100 and Honda CT70

Hard to know for sure but there are many many thousands of people involved in the scam process across the province.

When my daughter was in a car accident the emergency doctor who treated her said she would need physio for a hand injury. Then he pulled out a business card, gave it to us and say this company is great. We mentioned we already used a physio clinic close to home and he just shrugged. Next day we received a call at home from the company he recommending asking if we wanted to set up an appointment and we declined. This means that an ER doctor actually contacted a private physio company and passed on our personal contact information. Obviously he is not doing this for nothing, he either had a financial interest in the company or is being paid some kind of referral fee.

The above example may or may not be have been the start of a financial scam of the system, but it underscores the unethical behavior of people in the system when a doctor receives payoffs to make a referral to a private clinic.
    Ooooooo, can you say breach of patient confidentiality!

The whole industry needs to be reformed. If you took out the requirements for mandatory benefits, there would be fewer deadbeats and greasy lawyers able to abuse the system the system.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    Present: FJR 1300, DL650XT XV920R, GL1000, TR25W
    Past: GSXR1300, M50, EX250R, GL1500, XV250, TS200R, TW200, XV1100, CB750SS, H2 MIV, Rupp Roadster, MX125, MX250, DT400