The search is over! | GTAMotorcycle.com

The search is over!

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
Finally pulled the trigger on a bike after a long time and a lot of patience! Was able to find a 2017 Honda Rebel 500 out of town that magically dropped below the $6k mark! Super happy with the purchase and now just going to get the safety done on it tomorrow at Ready PS as it's the closest one to me, and it's the same price as a local shop further out (anyone heard of Bartz on Wolfedale?). Bike's got 2800km and I'm stoked to take it out for a boot.

The only ONLY issue is the lack of hard luggage for it. Hopefully Givi comes out with something soon, as I've got my old E21 cases which I'd love to use...and I'd prefer not to get the leather bags.

IMG_3581.JPG

IMG_3583.JPG

Nice! Congrats!!!!!

Congrats! Where did you find it?

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Shad has gear

http://www.shad.es/en/shad-world/productos/fijaciones/honda/cmx-rebel-500/c12mar1mod711/

Same 3p system as my CB500x

They fit enough for a solo rider on trips. 46 liters total. The top case looks bad tho ...same as the CB500x ...

Awesome thanks MacDoc! And here I was starting to think I should drill into my E21s in order to make them hold. Was planning on buying those small brackets for the soft luggage and then drill into the bags with u-bolts to keep them rigid. Depending on the price of the SHAD system I still may do that! LoL...I'm assuming GIVI will eventually come out with something. And if it's the same mounting as your 500X then they may be same as my old 500F....will have to measure.

@MangoRider....Guelph.

why are you fixcated on Givi - Shad stuff is better.

But forget the top case ....just as with the CB500x .the bike looks stupid with one.

a_shad7576.jpg

That L shaped sissy bar backrest is a good addition tho and I have semi-rigid upright bag you can buy cheap from me for that.
Would look like this
0008268_cmx-500-rebel.jpeg

Congrats ...it's a cool looking ride you grabbed

Last edited:
congrats!
nice ride

I like those Shad panniers, wish they were just a bit bigger tho
don't know why more manus don't make top loaders like that

why are you fixcated on Givi - Shad stuff is better.

But forget the top case ....just as with the CB500x .the bike looks stupid with one.

a_shad7576.jpg

That L shaped sissy bar backrest is a good addition tho and I have semi-rigid upright bag you can buy cheap from me for that.
Would look like this
0008268_cmx-500-rebel.jpeg

Congrats ...it's a cool looking ride you grabbed

I'm fixed on Givi because I have Givi cases so if I can make them work...I'd prefer that. They've been with me for 3 bikes now and I'm just switching out the mounting hardware.

That's a cool case, what make is it? I'm going to see about getting at the very least the L shaped bracket for the back because I won't be doing long tours anytime soon. Season's almost over and I'm in BC for 3 weeks at a time.

Back
Top Bottom