M2 exit to full M without 400 hwys? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

M2 exit to full M without 400 hwys?

Holy crap people in order to hold an unrestricted license requires you prove that you can operate a vehicle on all of the roadways in our province and that includes 400 series highways. Whether or not you plan on using them there may and probably will be a time where you may need to use one.

Just because you choose not to use them is irrelevant.

No you can't have a licence that says you won't use them so don't test me on it. How would that be enforced?? Do we get special plates for vehicles that say I am afraid of going 100kph and if I am on the 400 series highway pull me over and ticket me??

If you are afraid of or can't handle a 100 kph highway you are probably not the best driver on an 80 kph highway also and your road skills should be in question and I would suggest you should not have a licence to drive period, in my honest opinion.

You hear of so many individuals that are terrified of driving on a highway. In the grand scheme of things a highway is far safer than all other roadways. There are no intersections, there is no oncoming traffic from the other direction, no vehicles turning in front of you.

The good is all traffic travelling the same direction. If you are okay on an 80kph highway what is the big deal doing 20kph more. Stay in the right lane and leave enough space for merging traffic to get in or out it is that simple.
I am sorry MyUserName. Fully agree with this.

I am sorry MyUserName. Fully agree with this.

Another vote from me. If mentally, a rider cannot handle a 400 series highway for even 3 minutes, I have serious doubts about their mental ability to ride. Nothing to be ashamed of here, just some people don't have the right mental attitude for a bike. We've all seen them being overwhelmed and making bad decisions and pray that they get home safe and re-evaluate their choice of recreational activity.

LOL, when I got my M1, waiting 60 days to ride the highway was the longest wait of my life.
Man up, drive on the goddamm highway.

Holy crap people in order to hold an unrestricted license requires you prove that you can operate a vehicle on all of the roadways in our province and that includes 400 series highways. Whether or not you plan on using them there may and probably will be a time where you may need to use one.

Just because you choose not to use them is irrelevant.

No you can't have a licence that says you won't use them so don't test me on it. How would that be enforced?? Do we get special plates for vehicles that say I am afraid of going 100kph and if I am on the 400 series highway pull me over and ticket me??

If you are afraid of or can't handle a 100 kph highway you are probably not the best driver on an 80 kph highway also and your road skills should be in question and I would suggest you should not have a licence to drive period, in my honest opinion.

You hear of so many individuals that are terrified of driving on a highway. In the grand scheme of things a highway is far safer than all other roadways. There are no intersections, there is no oncoming traffic from the other direction, no vehicles turning in front of you.

The good is all traffic travelling the same direction. If you are okay on an 80kph highway what is the big deal doing 20kph more. Stay in the right lane and leave enough space for merging traffic to get in or out it is that simple.

NFS, amen.

I'm sure there are courses around where you live, that will help you with the highway portion of the evaluation.

Takes wrong turn and finds herself / himself on the 401 west from Toronto at 4:30 pm.... Freezes in fear in the middle lane. Could be a very bad situation.

To get into the army, it doesn't matter what you do...if you drive a tank or empty toilets...or cook meals...every soldier has to pass the same basic training and fire a gun....accurately.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Too many people with unrestricted licences can't drive. I had no problems on the highway with my 250 that maxed out at 120 km/h with a tail wind and me tucked in under the paint. Just stayed in the right lane. Every other bike does just fine on the highway, even my 450 cc Hawk.

Want a full licence? Learn to ride on all roads the licence allows you to.

Guelph is close to Hamilton, no 400 highways to do the m2 exit. Just did mine few months ago and you do 1 exit on Hwy 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta agree with some of the folks above.. if you say you CAN do the highway if you have to, but choose to avoid it, why not just do the test and be done with it? Easily spend less than 5 min on the hwy during the test, simple merge, lane change and back then exit.. You may be over thinking this.

Too many people with unrestricted licences can't drive. I had no problems on the highway with my 250 that maxed out at 120 km/h with a tail wind and me tucked in under the paint. Just stayed in the right lane. Every other bike does just fine on the highway, even my 450 cc Hawk.

Want a full licence? Learn to ride on all roads the licence allows you to.

Thank you. I was about to write a loaded response to the OP. The bar in Ontario is already too ****ing low. We don't need it lower.

...well, until the self driving cars take over.

油井緋色;2592897 said:
Thank you. I was about to write a loaded response to the OP. The bar in Ontario is already too ****ing low. We don't need it lower.

...well, until the self driving cars take over.

As an easy first step, MTO could prohibit test-centre tourism. Though shall get tested at the testing centre closest to your registered address. That stops the car loads from Brampton that show up in Lindsay every morning. It makes sense to do the test on roads you actually drive/ride.

When I did my M test it was at Aurora, I think it's Newmarket now. Immediately took me on 404 north. They want to see you merge onto the highway properly so no merging on a 100kph highway at 60. I even asked before the test what I should do if I lost the tester in the car and sure enough I had to slow down and wait for them. I guess excitement got the best of me and I booted it, lol. They want to see proper lane position in right lane, then change to next left lane when safe to do so, head bobbing like a doll all the time and again looking for proper lane position and back to the right lane. Then off the next exit. Total time on 404 maybe 4 minutes if that. Final thought, if you let fear sit and don't face it then it just gets bigger and bigger.

Consider getting your M2 exit with "Learning Curves", my wife and I took their course 2 years ago.
The extra instruction was definitely worth the cost,
The exam is run through east end Hamilton, and the HWY portion is done on the Red Hill expressway at 90km/h.

Guelph is close to Hamilton, no 400 highways to do the m2 exit. Just did mine few months ago and you do 1 exit on Hwy 6

Nice and close OP. Guelph is the ticket. End thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wait... what? they shouldn't be doing M2X on any King's hwy, because they are 80. And that section of 6 is a 70. The 401 is just a few minutes south, they really should be going there.

this thread is fail.

+1

The guys encouraging this behavior are pathetic. You'd think all riders would want to "git gud" at riding due to how unforgiving the sport is.

This is the reason why you can't gauge someone's riding skill level based on how long they've been riding.

Back
Top Bottom