now all signs point to the murder of a journalist inside a foreign consulate
apple watch having apparently recorded the interrogation and murder

fallout looks like it'll kill the new Prince's hopes to modernize
and develop the hundreds of miles of pristine Red Sea beach front

not that I could see that development succeeding
go to a beach resort and put your wife in a beekeeper suit
and can't get a beer on the beach...yeah, westerners would flock to that

looks like I got out at the right time, good riddance to that place

There are so many brutal dictatorships in the world. Why worry about Saudi Arabia? We would be best not to meddle with other countries and do what's best for Canada. The story of the journalist is sad, but he should have known the game he was playing was dangerous. Don't play the game unless you're prepared to pay the price.

seeing as you brought it up
yes, there are a lot of fat useless azzholes
never worked a day in their life
born on third base
that seem to think they have hit a home run
and now in power

Trump, MSB and Kim Jong Un......any others come to mind?

seeing as you brought it up
yes, there are a lot of fat useless azzholes
never worked a day in their life
born on third base
that seem to think they have hit a home run
and now in power

Trump, MSB and Kim Jong Un......any others come to mind?

JT?

There are so many brutal dictatorships in the world. Why worry about Saudi Arabia? We would be best not to meddle with other countries and do what's best for Canada. The story of the journalist is sad, but he should have known the game he was playing was dangerous. Don't play the game unless you're prepared to pay the price.

I'm glad our ancestors didn't think like that....we'd all be speaking German right now.

Our military, police and fire services aren't poster boys for equality either. 100 million dollar RCMP lawsuit settled and another billion dollar one on the books while JT plays cool dude.

I'd leave that sand pile to the princes. Its when they throw wieght around in the region they need to be corraled. The golden rule, where those with the gold make the rules has never been more apparent than Saudi.
We cant develop alternative energy fast enough.

I'm glad our ancestors didn't think like that....we'd all be speaking German right now.

That's not quite what I was getting at. Saudi Arabia is not taking over its neighbours. Neither is Venezuela. Both are brutal regimes. As for our ancestors, it is precisely their choice not to honor their treaties to protect Czechoslovakia that led to WWII. You remember that famous liberal Neville Chamberlain? "Peace in our time" while he bargained away whole countries to the Reich? We could declare war with Saudi Arabia and then watch as Putin, ever the world sociopath, started supporting each middle eastern regime against "western aggression". And if we prevailed do we get any thanks for all the hard work? NO. What we'll get is blamed for destroying their country for our own selfish idealism. No thanks. To hell with them all.

Is there that big a difference between murder and driving a person to suicide?

yeah
basic human rights are quite different from harassment in the workplace
for instance
you can quit a job you don't like
can't quit a murderous regime

you should start a thread about your topic
that has nothing to do with his one

I've met a few saudi people who came as students. Very nice and wonderful people. Polite and well mannered. They don't follow hardliner attitude their government takes. They assimilate well and respect the way canadian culture is more than other cultures from what I've noticed.

Again, get to know the people. Saudis, the general public, is completely different from their government.

Other than the saudis masterminding and financing 9/11 we should all add a prayer thanking god that we were not born a saudi female.

I've met a few saudi people who came as students. Very nice and wonderful people. Polite and well mannered. They don't follow hardliner attitude their government takes. They assimilate well and respect the way canadian culture is more than other cultures from what I've noticed.

Again, get to know the people. Saudis, the general public, is completely different from their government.

this is for the most part true
we, by contract, had to employ around 200 Saudi Nationals
they were always very friendly, and quite often formally polite, too polite for mining
they were very interested in western culture, and really liked Canadians and Americans

they had the worst work ethic I've seen anywhere though
not a single one alive that knows what it is to work for a living
3 generations having lived off the petro economy I guess causes that
the country would fall completely flat on it's face if all the Indians and Filipinos left

but really, I wish them luck in moving towards a freer society
particularly the women
one of the saddest things is to see the kids playing
boys and girls at a playground, laughing and running like kids anywhere
but in a few years, the girl's lives will be all but over, locked away in beekeeper suit

There's no place left for a monarchy as a system of government in this world we live in. Regardless of your political persuasion this is something that most people should be able to agree on.

Whether some systems are are a pseudo monarchy is another debate.

Back
Top Bottom