Motorcycle parking @ University of Toronto St. George | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle parking @ University of Toronto St. George

JCHC91

Hi all,

Planning to get back on a motorcycle for next season, and trying to find some information about parking at the University of Toronto St. George campus.

I know that parking was free for the most part when I rode last time, but that was around end of 2011/beginning of 2012 when Toronto started changing their laws for parking.

Wondering if anyone could give me some info!

Thanks

For the most part street parking is free for motorcycles when designated as a regular parking spot or metered spots. Lots whether Green P or otherwise you have to pay.

From my knowledge that may change sometime in the future. From what I've heard the city is trying to implement the parking system where you register your license plate over having to purchase a ticket and display it on your dash. It is in effect in some lots I know, but it is not city wide on the streets yet. Once this happens.. if it does... we might have to start finding funny ways to park for free in the core.

For the most part street parking is free for motorcycles when designated as a regular parking spot or metered spots. Lots whether Green P or otherwise you have to pay.

From my knowledge that may change sometime in the future. From what I've heard the city is trying to implement the parking system where you register your license plate over having to purchase a ticket and display it on your dash. It is in effect in some lots I know, but it is not city wide on the streets yet. Once this happens.. if it does... we might have to start finding funny ways to park for free in the core.

Thanks for the info! So the ones in front of Robart's etc need payment?

There are lots parked near Bancroft and also near Con Hall, but as far as I know all are technically parked illegally, so they could ticket if they ever wanted to.

Ah yes, the UofT penitentiary. I haven't parked the there in 4 years so don't know if the rules have changed. Besides the places conundrum mentioned, there were bikes parked on the west side of MP labs by the building, there is a spot (concrete patch) in front of Med. Sci building on the lawn (this was one of my usual spots in undergrad). I used to park at Brennan Hall under the tunnel when I went to my humanities and social sciences classes. Also parked by WSB south side when I went to the gym, no issues. Then for 3 years, I parked behind the pharmacy building, only had 1 ticket here when they were doing construction here and blocked the back, I parked on the south side by the building and got a ticket.

I do not miss that place, spent 9 long years there...

Depending on where your classes are, look around to see if any bikes are parked there regularly, if yes then usually it's ok.

Back
Top Bottom