V rod or M 109 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

V rod or M 109

Why not a Ducati Diavel or xDiavel if you prefer foot forward?
Take one for a ride before passing judgement is all I can say. Can outhandle and accelerate either the M109 or vRod.

@DJM owns one, and I’m sure will chime in.

From the few I’ve come across, all have been bullet proof. I almost bought one from a friend in New Brunswick that upgraded the suspension and the common performance areas such as a power commander and exhaust. A 2003 model that travelled across Canada and looped the US down the Pacific Coast and returned home up the east coast with some stops in between. He loved the bike, he maintained or replaced wear items like the drive belt, fluid changes, rubber etc. Until he injured his back at work and made the switch to a Road King.

The 2016 Nightrod I took out had the 240 rear and I didn’t notice any issues with turning. Found it downright playful compared to the Dyna Low Rider S or Breakout.

As with most bikes, the hobby funds are allocated to comfort, personal looks or performance.

It’s on my radar in the future when the right deal comes along I can’t say no to and the wife endorses.

Winter can have an effect on a rider’s mind. Never know what happens come spring. Lol.

Oh, I’ve heard of some issues related to the alarm but, that typically gets sorted early by the dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wise words.
My Diavel also has a 240 rear tyre. Does everything you said. Awesome bike. Tell it to lean and it does and then some.
Only problem is I need new tyres every year.

Take one for a ride before passing judgement is all I can say. Can outhandle and accelerate either the M109 or vRod.

More wise words.
When the Diavel first came out it was compared with the V. Rod. My opinion. Diavel wins ever time.

How come?

Mainly the design of the tyre. Hard compound in the centre and soft on the outside. Hence, being able to lean all the way over. I chalk my tyres before I go out and make sure I get lots of lean. An average about 12,000 kms per year. Not exactly soft on the throttle. Well it is a Ducati. No pampering here.

I imagine it's great to ride, but I prefer the styling of the other two. Power cruisers do not seem popular at this time, naked bikes look good at the moment although I did ride a friends Stryker which I kind of liked.

I imagine it's great to ride, but I prefer the styling of the other two. Power cruisers do not seem popular at this time, naked bikes look good at the moment although I did ride a friends Stryker which I kind of liked.

Love the Stryker and it's bigger brother the Raider.

Back
Top Bottom