Honda Rebel

Thread: Honda Rebel

Honda Rebel

Forum Sponsor
    I just completed my motorcycle training course, and once I pick up my M2 (in a week or so), I'll be looking to buy a motorcycle. I'm leaning towards a Honda Rebel...any thoughts on if this is a good starter bike or not? any other suggestions?

Cheers!
    Sylvain Rivet

Re: Honda Rebel

Great starter bike

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by SVeezy View Post
    Great starter bike

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
    yes sir .

Congrats on the course and license!
    The Rebel is possibly one of the most prolific starter bikes. With the Ninjette as well.
    The new Honda Rebels also seem like absolutely fantastic starters and I sort of want that 500 for myself, but they are priced reeeeeally high atm

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
    Nothing says Learning like road rash and lost dignity!

i just got myself a drz400. Its my 3rd riding season this year. The drz400sm would make a great beginner bike, but seems like people dont consider it as such. Definitely more fun than the 300cc sport bikes for me. Only down side is top speed for highways, but for local roads its a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet On Rails View Post
    i just got myself a drz400. Its my 3rd riding season this year. The drz400sm would make a great beginner bike, but seems like people dont consider it as such. Definitely more fun than the 300cc sport bikes for me. Only down side is top speed for highways, but for local roads its a blast.
    Theoretically any bike that will do 100kph can run on the highways but after riding a Goldbarge I wouldn't feel comfortable with something small. I'd suck it for a few Kms up to get around a problem but not a Windsor Montreal run.

Other than the sense of being small and getting blown around is there any reason we need more than a couple hundred cc's?

How long do the little things last when they're used high mileage or speed?

I talked to a fellow with a cbr250 with about 90k on it with no major repairs. It had a crappy slip on exhaust and looked like it was ridden hard.
    I find the 'you need a bigger bike' thing a little tiresome. I did 4000k in 5 days. Much of it on gravel. On a 250. I did a cannonball 1000 (mile) a few years ago on a 125. Sure, my butt hurt. I don't ride to be comfortable. I ride because I love to ride, and I'm willing to endure some discomfort while riding.
    I really don't understand people needing a bigger bike because they get blown around either. Short of a hurricane or tornado, I can't imagine any wind from trucks or otherwise being a safety issue. Worst case scenario is that I slow down to a 100km with a severe headwind.
    I probably will buy a bigger bike eventually because I want it, not need it. And it will be cheap because I'll buy it from someone who needs an even bigger bike

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Rebel is a great starter bike
    will provide comfort, reliabilkity and enough go to keep you happy for awhile
    should you decide to move up of change riding styles in the future
    resale will be easy, it's a Honda

GTAM has a sport bike bias, and that's fine
    so you can expect a bunch of posts telling you to get a small sport bike
    they are also good starters, but don't be put off a cruiser by the site bias