New bike for the Royal Highness advise | GTAMotorcycle.com

New bike for the Royal Highness advise

vanjka

Hello all GTAMR's

I bought my wife her first bike 2004 Ninja 250 and now am looking for some advice.

Where can we find more info on which frame sliders and recessed blinkers to install on her bike. This is to minimize damage in the event of a fall/tip over.

Good advice is welcome.

Thankx

sliders are a good idea, many good ones available

blinker stalks are cheap
don't endanger a loved one with those useless recessed things

Buy a dirt bike, learn to really ride the thing, crashing on the street should not be part of the learning experience imho.
Both of you will crash on the dirt bike, but if you buy the right dirt bike it won't even hurt it, you pick it up, learn from your mistake and try again.

+1 for what JavaFan said. Those recessed lights are very dim and small and make it difficult to be seen, especially in day light. Just get the frame sliders and you'll probably be fine. In a simple tip-over scenario you probably won't even break a turn signal. If it's a bigger crash than a tip-over as long as you walk away uninjured the damage to the bike is irrelevant.

Agree forget about changing signals but may be hard to find Sliders for that vintage of Ninja 250.

R&G does not list anything but I am sure ebay should have something.

Thank you very much for all your responses. We will look into taking an off road course next season, a buddy of mine took it and he is more confident on the roads now. At this moment I will try to find frame sliders as soon enough we have to park the bikes for the " long winter sleep" ;((

A huge x1000 on NOT changing the signals. Bikes have enough issues with cagers as it is, the last thing you want to do is make it any harder for their brain to comprehend what you're up to when signalling a lane change. ESPECIALLY for a new rider.

Back
Top Bottom