Gonna try it...sugar carbs dairy... | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gonna try it...sugar carbs dairy...

As in water stored in your body not the water you drink daily I assume right? I drink a ton of water every day...

As in water stored in your body not the water you drink daily I assume right? I drink a ton of water every day...

Yes, I don't fully understand it but the rapid weight loss everyone initially sees is water weight. I can mimic a similar effect if I eat a Costco size bag of chips, which will cause my body to retain **** tons of water due to the salt (and I'll probably chug a liter), and as a result cause my body to bloat.

I'd imagine those on regular diets without exercise, which results in high levels of salt not being utilized, are bloated.

Please elaborate

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

I'll translate:

For those of us at above average performance level, ketosis and any other fad type diets result in a massive loss of strength performance. Getting stronger or building more endurance generally leads to weight loss and being more healthy; it also becomes really obvious when you aren't treating your body right cause you end up performing like ****.

I'm honestly surprised exercise was only mentioned a few times in this thread.

I'm just curious what being a carbon life form has to do with sugar.

I'm just curious what being a carbon life form has to do with sugar.

Look up ATP generation. Glucose and similar compounds play a crucial role in every "carbon life form."

............hell, can't think of a life form that isn't heavily carbon based.

On a slightly related note, being a science major in the past has caused the labeling of "organic foods" to be a triggering experience. Organic, before the definition was ****ed up by corporations, relates to anything with a carbon chain.

..........all food has carbon chains and is therefore organic.

My strength and endurance has gone up since starting...

Also my mood has really changed for the better...

I get it, I'm just being facetious regarding the argument against a keto diet because we're a carbon life form. Plants don't need to absorb sugar they produce it. We can produce glucose in the liver. It's far from ideal, and very limiting.

My strength and endurance has gone up since starting...

Also my mood has really changed for the better...

Not disagreeing with you. However, our baselines and knowledge on this subject are massively different.

To keep it short: the most efficient way to do what you are trying to do is to combine both eating right and burning the energy you have stored or consume via both passive (basal metabolic rate) and active (exercising) methods. Lifting heavy, by the way, raises your BMR drastically, results in more calories burnt over time, along with a far better (subjective) physique than pure cardio. The trade off for all this is a steeper learning curve and one's own ignorance will cause greater injuries than cardio.

However, I am near certain you have near zero motivation to exercise based on reading this thread. So I do genuinely hope things work out for you going your own way.

I get it, I'm just being facetious regarding the argument against a keto diet because we're a carbon life form. Plants don't need to absorb sugar they produce it. We can produce glucose in the liver. It's far from ideal, and very limiting.

From my subjective experience, going on a keto diet resulted in a loss of energy, loss of 20% strength, and cardiovascular performance also went to ****. This was over a 4 month period.

I don't know the science behind it...but I'm pretty sure our bodies use simple sugars far more easily than converting fat for energy. This becomes even more apparent if you've ever carb loaded the day before a physically demanding event.

But I will emphasize a rather bleak point: none of the above means **** if your body wasn't conditioned to perform to begin with and really at that point any diet or exercise is better than nothing.

Last edited:
I work out every night and I do a job that's basically working out during my day. I cant not work out its built into me lol

I disagree to a certain extent.

I'm diabetic and have been on a low carb/sugar/glycemic diet since I was a teenager. In fact before Insulin was discovered in 1921 (by a Canadian no less - Frederick Banting) Diabetics basically went on a severe Keto diet and lived fairly normal lives for many years.

You really don't need a lot of carbs and sugar to survive. The FDA recommend that the average healthy adult on a 2000 calorie diet limit their carb intake to around 225 grams. That's not a lot.

I try to keep mine to between 100-130. If I eat 250 grams of Broccoli at a meal that's 10% of my daily carb intake... Bloody Broccoli !!! LOL. There is so much hidden sugar in food people don't realise. I read somewhere that the average North American eats 1000+ grams of carbs every day. That's not hard to do. Even something healthy like a Banana has 50 grams.

I ran middle distance at college and did 100-150 miles a week, done a bunch of marathons and an Ironman, and I still knock out around 40 miles a week with no issues on restricted sugars and carbs.

I just red an article in one of the running magazines that Wilson Kipsang who is a 2:03 marathoner consumes about the standard carb guidelines. The bulk of his diet is basically porridge made of ugali which is a very complex carb and collard greens and meat. He trains three times a day and his long run of the day is done first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. According to recent science, doing a portion of training in a low-glycogen state (i.e. a state of semi-depleted muscle carbohydrate stores, as occurs after an overnight fast) enhances some of the fitness-boosting adaptations that occur in response to workouts.

Hyperglycemia - a raised blood glucose can damage the vessels that supply blood to vital organs, which can increase the risk of heart disease and stroke (as it makes the inside surface of the artery's rough so platelets stick forming blockages and clots), kidney disease, vision problems, and nerve problems.

I'm not saying some sugar is bad, too much is a killer.

Alot of what "油井緋色" said is true and on point.

Again, I recommend watching the video I linked and getting the book. I'm going through alot on this thread, and so much is backwards.

@Clem, watch this. Vegetable and fruit sugars are our source for fuel. People get so caught up in numbers, sugar, protein, and calories now days. they don't ask where they get nutrients and fiber from. 1000 calories from a big mac and a salad, are night and day and not comparable. Comparing the sugar in a banana to sugar in Candy isn't the same either. Dr. Morse, Dr. Sebi, Andreas Mortiz, Henry Bieler (I highly recommend this book for you to read) have all addressed this and cured diabetics on fruits and vegetables.

I was born and raised in Kenya, Wilson Kipsang's meal has a small part to play, same with alot of Kenyan marathon runners. Their big reason for breaking distances is the environment they train in near Kisumu and Mt. Kenya in high altitude. thus the body gets used to low oxygen and high altitude training, once in normal conditions they have a great advantage. We used to eat Ugali (just cornmeal) and the greens, which was Spinach. Meat wasn't introduced until the recent few years, the Masaai kept a predominant vegetarian lifestyle.

Mind. Body. Spirit. If you try to fix the Body without understanding the Mind, you'll destroy the Spirit. Simple. Eat living foods, you live, eat dead foods, you die, not a complex equation, just a matter of understanding "A scholar learns something everyday, a person of zen unlearns something everyday".

If I were you, i'd pee in a glass and leave it for a day or two. In the morning have a look, if there's no sediment at the bottom or white film your kidney's aren't filtering. Then look up Iridology, and check your eyes to find the root.

Dr. Morse, Dr. Sebi, Andreas Mortiz, Henry Bieler (I highly recommend this book for you to read) have all addressed this and cured diabetics on fruits and vegetables.

i don’t find this to be a realistic.

Diabetes is an autoimmune disease. You own body attacks your pancreas and it stops producing insulin. Without insulin your body can not process sugar, and you become hyperglycaemic, the final stages of which are coma and death. I don’t think anyone ever cured diabetes by eating fruit.

I think it’s, at best, wreckless to postulate these types of theories. There is no cure for diabetes. I’ve been waiting for one my whole life

Well I look and feel fantastic so far but it's only been a week and a half. I think I have stopped losing weight as I have now kind of hovered around 165 past couple days. My skin still looks the same but I'm shooting for 6 weeks for that to clear up...

Time will tell but things are going great. I even took the family to dinner tonight at Mexican town and i didnt eat anything while they scarfed down chips and salsa and then tacos...dammit lol

Well I look and feel fantastic so far but it's only been a week and a half. I think I have stopped losing weight as I have now kind of hovered around 165 past couple days. My skin still looks the same but I'm shooting for 6 weeks for that to clear up...

Time will tell but things are going great. I even took the family to dinner tonight at Mexican town and i didnt eat anything while they scarfed down chips and salsa and then tacos...dammit lol

Blood Type Diet does not lie!

i don’t find this to be a realistic.

Diabetes is an autoimmune disease. You own body attacks your pancreas and it stops producing insulin. Without insulin your body can not process sugar, and you become hyperglycaemic, the final stages of which are coma and death. I don’t think anyone ever cured diabetes by eating fruit.

I think it’s, at best, wreckless to postulate these types of theories. There is no cure for diabetes. I’ve been waiting for one my whole life

Did you watch the videos, read the books, or even try? What have you been waiting for your whole life, an easy solution or one that involves change and trust in those who have cured it. Disease is simply Dis-ease, Again, please read the books, because I can't go on and summarize what months of reading, dozens of courses, and years of practicing what i preach in a short thread. There have been dozens of people cured using fruits, veggies, and herbs alone. Still not convinced, don't listen to me. Book a consultation with one of these counsellors, you'll be on a path to wellville in no time. You can show a horse the water, you can't force it to drink.

Still not certain, check this book or just read the reviews. If you want, you can even borrow my copy, I'd be glad to loan it.

Locally, meet Dr. Erica Grenci if your not convinced, even one session and try for yourself. Nothing wreckless to offer people a solution to gaining their freedom in health, and gaining control of their own body. There is a cure, if your born with it, different scenario, even then I've seen it reversed.

I woke up today at 159.8 lbs lol. I am amazed at how much weight I have lost and all I can donate this point is just laugh.

To the OP, I started a lower carb diet a few years ago. This was on the advice of a Endocrinologist at St. Mikes. I had been to Dr McKee for Orthopaedic surgery and my blood work was all messed up

Its not quite as extreme as yours but I eat between 200 and 250 grams a day. That is the FDA recommended limit. I logged what I was eating before that. I ate a lot of Italian and Chinese, and I was eating over 1000g of carbs a day.

I eat mostly "Farm to Table", so still eat veggies, cheese, etc., along with meat, poultry and fish; but everything is seasonal and very fresh. Farm to Table veggies are typically the seasonal ones that grow above ground like Broccoli, Asparagus, Kale, but cooked very quickly with still some bite and crunch and with awesome seasonings. Its amazing how good you can make roasted Brussel Sprouts taste with a little emmental, hazelnuts and sage :)

Anyway, fast forward 3 years, I'm now around 138 lbs, down from 180lbs, with a BMI around 20 which is supposed to be right in the middle of the healthy zone. I just feel so much better, walk half an hour to work and back most days and get a 12-13 mile run in every weekend.

I was eating way too much sugar and carbs. In the words of Col. Frank Slade (Al Pacino) "Sugar is ****, though. I told General Abrams to install honey in the commissaries. If the K-50's didn't blow your brains out, sugar, sure as ****, was gonna" :)

Last edited:
油井緋色;2592902 said:
Look up ATP generation. Glucose and similar compounds play a crucial role in every "carbon life form."

............hell, can't think of a life form that isn't heavily carbon based.

On a slightly related note, being a science major in the past has caused the labeling of "organic foods" to be a triggering experience. Organic, before the definition was ****ed up by corporations, relates to anything with a carbon chain.

..........all food has carbon chains and is therefore organic.
Not to derail the thread but the whole "organic" food labeling thing kinda annoys me as well
The only silver lining bit about ORMI labeling is if the grower is straight would be the reduction in pesticides and fungicides

Back
Top Bottom