Kijiji Notifications

Thread: Kijiji Notifications

Kijiji Notifications

Forum Sponsor
    Is there anyway to set an alert on Kijiji but exclude a particular advertiser/poster?

I'm keeping my eye out for an RZ project and some parts, but 99% of the posts are from Chifor Racing and its all complete junk at two or three times the price of stuff that I can still walk into Snow City and buy brand new from Yamaha.

I have to sort 200-300 of his posts to find a genuine seller, and he re-posts everything every 3 or 4 days

Obviously people are not stupid enough to buy as its been the same crap on there for over a year

Thanks

Re: Kijiji Notifications

Are the notifications via e-mail? Can you write a filter to send any e-mails containing the phrase "Chifor Racing" into your Junk or Spam folder?

How you tried writing to him to make a reasonable offer? If it’s been there for that long he might bite.

Past observation has been that "Chifor" and "reasonable" do not exist in the same space and time.

Ha Ha.... George.

The only time I ever dealt with him I drove from Toronto to Windsor to look at a pair of "Pristine" RZ350 crank cases. He had posted a picture of the right hand side. When I got there the chain had come off and cracked the left upper case - it probably could have been welded - and whoever had taken them apart had used a screwdriver between the mating surfaces. Hardly pristine and hardly worth $600.

I offered him $200 and he had a bit of a meltdown throwing things around the workshop and telling me I didn't know what I was talking about as its a collectors item... LOL Ended up getting a complete bottom end from a guy in Trenton for $225 and the cases were perfect

Even accused me of wasting his time, yet I was the one who drove 4 hours from Toronto. As Brian pointed out - "Chifor" and "reasonable" do not exist in the same space and time

He has also been convicted and went to jail a few times for curb-siding and handling stolen parts. A shady character all round.

Always check with a Yamaha dealer. 90% of RZ parts are still available and are reasonably priced. A brand new OEM crank is ~$400 at Boats.net, cheaper than a made in Taiwan copy

Quote Originally Posted by Clem View Post
    I have to sort 200-300 of his posts to find a genuine seller, and he re-posts everything every 3 or 4 days
    How the **** does he have time for that? If he's actually paying for early automatic reposts, that would be a fortune wouldn't it?
    2006 Honda CB919
    "Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Lightcycle View Post
    Are the notifications via e-mail? Can you write a filter to send any e-mails containing the phrase "Chifor Racing" into your Junk or Spam folder?
    Kijiji will send one daily email notification with any new items, it will only show the titles.

A better way is to copy the RSS link at the bottom of your search to a RSS feeder, or to a RSS service that will email you whenever something new gets posted. You could then filter out Chifor. Good for eBay as well.
    Current: '15 Tenere ES - 30k km, '07 FZ1 - 70k km
    Past : '06 FZ6 - 115k km, '06 KTM 625 SMC - 30k km, '06 V-Strom 650 - 80k km

Quote Originally Posted by regder View Post
    Kijiji will send one daily email notification with any new items, it will only show the titles.

A better way is to copy the RSS link at the bottom of your search to a RSS feeder, or to a RSS service that will email you whenever something new gets posted. You could then filter out Chifor. Good for eBay as well.
    thanks Regder. This is exactly what I’m after

I know that if you have an item listed and get a stupid request, you can "block" that person. Not sure if you can get Kijiji to to block them?

Dealer/Vendor Railside Performance's Avatar

You had me at RZ350. Good luck.