Kijiji Notifications | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kijiji Notifications

Clem

Is there anyway to set an alert on Kijiji but exclude a particular advertiser/poster?

I'm keeping my eye out for an RZ project and some parts, but 99% of the posts are from Chifor Racing and its all complete junk at two or three times the price of stuff that I can still walk into Snow City and buy brand new from Yamaha.

I have to sort 200-300 of his posts to find a genuine seller, and he re-posts everything every 3 or 4 days :(

Obviously people are not stupid enough to buy as its been the same crap on there for over a year :)

Thanks

How you tried writing to him to make a reasonable offer? If it’s been there for that long he might bite.

Past observation has been that "Chifor" and "reasonable" do not exist in the same space and time.

Ha Ha.... George.

The only time I ever dealt with him I drove from Toronto to Windsor to look at a pair of "Pristine" RZ350 crank cases. He had posted a picture of the right hand side. When I got there the chain had come off and cracked the left upper case - it probably could have been welded - and whoever had taken them apart had used a screwdriver between the mating surfaces. Hardly pristine and hardly worth $600.

I offered him $200 and he had a bit of a meltdown throwing things around the workshop and telling me I didn't know what I was talking about as its a collectors item... LOL Ended up getting a complete bottom end from a guy in Trenton for $225 and the cases were perfect

Even accused me of wasting his time, yet I was the one who drove 4 hours from Toronto. As Brian pointed out - "Chifor" and "reasonable" do not exist in the same space and time

He has also been convicted and went to jail a few times for curb-siding and handling stolen parts. A shady character all round.

Always check with a Yamaha dealer. 90% of RZ parts are still available and are reasonably priced. A brand new OEM crank is ~$400 at Boats.net, cheaper than a made in Taiwan copy

I have to sort 200-300 of his posts to find a genuine seller, and he re-posts everything every 3 or 4 days :(

How the **** does he have time for that? If he's actually paying for early automatic reposts, that would be a fortune wouldn't it?

Are the notifications via e-mail? Can you write a filter to send any e-mails containing the phrase "Chifor Racing" into your Junk or Spam folder?

Kijiji will send one daily email notification with any new items, it will only show the titles.

A better way is to copy the RSS link at the bottom of your search to a RSS feeder, or to a RSS service that will email you whenever something new gets posted. You could then filter out Chifor. Good for eBay as well.

Kijiji will send one daily email notification with any new items, it will only show the titles.

A better way is to copy the RSS link at the bottom of your search to a RSS feeder, or to a RSS service that will email you whenever something new gets posted. You could then filter out Chifor. Good for eBay as well.

thanks Regder. This is exactly what I’m after

I know that if you have an item listed and get a stupid request, you can "block" that person. Not sure if you can get Kijiji to to block them?

Does that guy even race? Or is it just cool to add "racing" to your business name these days? What does he sell at his shop to sustain his business? It can't possibly be parts listed on kijiji, cause he never sells anything, the same stuff is listed for years at prices close to brand new from the manufacturers...

Does that guy even race? Or is it just cool to add "racing" to your business name these days? What does he sell at his shop to sustain his business? It can't possibly be parts listed on kijiji, cause he never sells anything, the same stuff is listed for years at prices OVER brand new from the manufacturers...

Fixed it for you...

Back
Top Bottom