Riding with one eye. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding with one eye.

Except there was no headache. I'm familiar with migraines even carry some the nuclear solution sumatriptan but have not needed it for years.
Damn stuff is $$$ but when needed it works,

Last edited:
Doesn't always result in the headache. Dodged the bullet that time. Never had any that bad it needed sumatriptan.

Optic neuritis usually leads to vision loss, but it can cause a myriad of other vision issues. I woke up one day with blurry vision in one eye. During the next two days while the optician sent me to an ophthalmologist my eye went completely dark. The ophthalmologist sent me directly to the ER. After about 15 hours and lots of tests, including a spinal tap they started me on heavy steroids since they suspected optic neuritis. MRI confirmed it. It took me a few weeks to start seeing again. I started riding my road bike with one eye, that was difficult but manageable. While driving I could have driven a car, I avoided it since it would have been very difficult. Once I got even 20% of my vision back depth perception was way better. I'm at about 80-90% back. Depends on how tired I am. Optic neuritis usually comes on at a younger age, so you are probably safe.

Anyways point is, follow up on your tests and dig deep. You can have a neurological issue lurking and doing damage in the background. Lyme disease for example can also cause vision loss. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Sunnybrook was great with my case, they have an excellent neurological unit. While we rag on our health care, I am very grateful how Sunnybrook treated my emergency visits.

Had my MRI -- no further issues so far. Interesting thread.

You still waving at people ? :D

200.gif

Back
Top Bottom