Riding with one eye. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding with one eye.

-> St.Michaels asap.

Thanks for feedback.

The mis-alignment is occurring only in a rather narrow window - ie if I look at the screen from the top of my visual field I can see fine - no overlap...but if I look down to the keys I get overlap.

Both eyes test fine for vision and detail.
Both eyes pressure are identical and in normal range.

I know the brain is very plastic in coping ....so I'll try tomorrow maybe or tonight see how it goes for a short drive. Need to get an eye patch or perhaps get two so I switch off.

I've been dealing with an annoying bacterial infection I picked up in Australia but nothing viral at all...tis a mystery this eye issue as really tough on stairs or anything needing depth perception looking down.

Wonder if a bacterial infection might do something similar, guessing it could. Did you mention that to the docs?

Vision issues are the one thing that scare me. I personally wouldn't ride using only one eye....but everyone is different. Hope things work out for the best.

Wonder if a bacterial infection might do something similar, guessing it could. Did you mention that to the docs?

Yes as they knew I was on a/b. Wish I could recall the name of the bug involved.

ah yeah

Campylobacter

Common in the area...even had a followup survey....suspect I got it handling the raw chicken necks we feed the dog.

Yes as they knew I was on a/b. Wish I could recall the name of the bug involved.

ah yeah

Campylobacter

Common in the area...even had a followup survey....suspect I got it handling the raw chicken necks we feed the dog.

Some antibiotics have a side effect of light sensitivity. Could be related there too.

I've taken this a/b before and just at the end of the cycle. Still an issue unsolved but maybe fading at this point.

I would like to resolve it.

Nothing at all tonight ....

27944987.jpg

Last edited:
I am

q0LU1e8hvJji69dVNXutrXr7jeYbwshYs-jzntwvHJ_n2oJ9fiZKZEg8pragJJwMOt76jPFMEy6TfG8_MjTGW4xCdpLfbdLLG_mTehU2oLYMpT_oDp0oW1LcrPWtxXPbwA-2k31t2WN1WPGa98lsS7bC6NVDvZgp7BeQ3huX_jNp9dHWPQrg2Lus4bq7PW94_5lJctdI6e7Q-xs8vFBagHc0x8ZDbVxDj_8nKYfCD2o_lhwJRGa9F-7bZN11SIzS-s_8_NE-sjMxQhRlQNaOxOmZ-YPZp1mzuTFjQlPbfOmyXfvIwKBFgwZKsz0g8pLvzXalH4BOlKpe3chlUaNcnpYlEPGqqsKQo2UGjNkAGKK36Ey4nA7KQDlWqUqZQaA1coExOLbjjx3FWH8XDRzgOhD51OCn7EtkD4KX4tNsyabRr1X_6YnBl-5WGHQ24Gl0iLmR4oJsE64vz0CNkKkOWhwxq7n2_TxGz23kUpXSd904dgVP4e15d6RHSFBqy49EfSJR8R-LesgNtm3JZHqKbuaxeGGKcnCepbT_citH7hRVMzL2kANiHZc1CjYpRJTv_dRkAniOUdfjKVDJjPuaf3AgMSOxFGB157ZjCvfCoIQsK1_dkGBhamCl1XAEkLyE=w1279-h933-no

Thought there would be a few riders at the Forks...so much construction around Milton and north took 70 km to go 40 :rolleyes: No biggie since I need 600 for breakin ..hoping for this weekend

I am

q0LU1e8hvJji69dVNXutrXr7jeYbwshYs-jzntwvHJ_n2oJ9fiZKZEg8pragJJwMOt76jPFMEy6TfG8_MjTGW4xCdpLfbdLLG_mTehU2oLYMpT_oDp0oW1LcrPWtxXPbwA-2k31t2WN1WPGa98lsS7bC6NVDvZgp7BeQ3huX_jNp9dHWPQrg2Lus4bq7PW94_5lJctdI6e7Q-xs8vFBagHc0x8ZDbVxDj_8nKYfCD2o_lhwJRGa9F-7bZN11SIzS-s_8_NE-sjMxQhRlQNaOxOmZ-YPZp1mzuTFjQlPbfOmyXfvIwKBFgwZKsz0g8pLvzXalH4BOlKpe3chlUaNcnpYlEPGqqsKQo2UGjNkAGKK36Ey4nA7KQDlWqUqZQaA1coExOLbjjx3FWH8XDRzgOhD51OCn7EtkD4KX4tNsyabRr1X_6YnBl-5WGHQ24Gl0iLmR4oJsE64vz0CNkKkOWhwxq7n2_TxGz23kUpXSd904dgVP4e15d6RHSFBqy49EfSJR8R-LesgNtm3JZHqKbuaxeGGKcnCepbT_citH7hRVMzL2kANiHZc1CjYpRJTv_dRkAniOUdfjKVDJjPuaf3AgMSOxFGB157ZjCvfCoIQsK1_dkGBhamCl1XAEkLyE=w1279-h933-no

Thought there would be a few riders at the Forks...so much construction around Milton and north took 70 km to go 40 :rolleyes: No biggie since I need 600 for breakin ..hoping for this weekend
She's beautiful! Congrats

Nice bike. but isnt break-in all over within the first like 10km? piston rings don't keep wearing much past that

Manual says 500 km on the 2018 ....i'll stick with the manual recommend and factory oil and then shift over to full synthetic oil.

All it's asking is don't ride stupid and run steady high RPM for long distance on a new motor. Not a big deal.

Mac, I would still go see an ophthalmologist asap. Trials says StMikes, can you get in there without a referral? If so, see if you can be checked out by Dr. Berger.
I have had AMD, which they caught early and were able to regain about 95% of my vision.
My retinal detatchment was again caught early and that has been ok so far.
Now on to cataracts....appts coming up and hopefully surgery soon. I haven't been riding since I found out.
Yeah not much luck in the eye category over here. I know I'm not good looking, but this is getting ridiculous!
Seriously though, this is not something you wanna eff with. Time is important here, and the earlier they figure it out, the better.
I wish you well.

Oh, and sweet new ride.
I may ask to have a seat on it if we ever meet up.

Sent from my purple G4 using Tapatalk

So far a completely clean bill of health from the cat scan and an appointment with the neurologist. Consensus is a transient even in the nerve around the eye. The scan showed no issues and have not had a repeat.
They have me on baby aspirin. Still have an MRI to go on Sunday. These are just of general interest at this point for me. Doc was suprised it cleared so quickly so I guess that's a good thing.

It's pretty clear was a hiccup in the nerves controlling the left eye. He said possible it is a "lazy eye" that only comes on when tired but there is nothing to do for that and eyes compensate.

I do spend a lot of time in front of screens so my eyes do get tired. Anyways enjoying the new bike weather and time permitting.

DP-0bWPduuXx8w2i35zGFXq5HehbTScyXcF_52pj-vjTXxSUvSAj_6l-Iuir5qolZ9LS-ec1kudvP_i27j48Bv_iB4AtsN9f3_oz97YI56JdqGIOcGvwjtx2ziNJc8vtAuxvLYD3TXoQq-yfULIOrl5cGFmtbXEUr4cgvp0O9HqEui3I3_Iy46LEjhMvLav35Kvrm8gSIBVJZLagec1r0FXNoSHkGSVc0REm4NnNO0yWWXReRM27xAS5VKACQDWgnvFylxw9igXpilTAsMxG9r15_2CpTQkUqJpFv2Ed0Fxll23TtwmwJuD0ZBm7uRDpqzfyb6lvGCa2GQBPYj3tPJJ2D3yILEEHIURtzq0TYcnLdHn7vRsHNtRqSo0OU4sM6IT0uYCLQDHD2AThh0dTKf8l49JybObBWmZjBlUOGh5IcOXJE2nzAc8vYgUb-LdFBvdFNnZXxjt7ZlA3oi2i20sbf5m1QCVoF1rXo_wZbgOEwFJiLgZSAQ5kOQlyRODgxPxDI_LBkNBYeViLvybhhcqz1d_Tq_FxW9wf1t3lb-2g1WAGgxHpP7ip6sY_M5kOj6AzfMmkefNTNfPRqU7cSlT3-EQUJh_QSM9pqVBRH5sqNOP8zlrUh5UmE4JbXMcB=w1352-h946-no

2 much stress?
... still highly recommend you get some retina pictures taken, you can use them for future reference.

Was not stress. 3 months in Cairns away from the zoo that is the GTA is a real relaxer. Had it happened on the last leg ...yeah was tired and stressed from a late flight into LAX ( AGAIN!!!) and having to hustle to connect after 11 hours in the air but it was an hour into a 2 hour flight from Cairns to Brisbane and I had a good night's sleep.

I still think it had something to do with my sleep position against the aircraft window. I'm getting my eyes tested for prescription this week and will ask.

Back
Top Bottom